Sign in to follow this  
PimpinORL

[merged] who deserves to be starting PG? Arroyo or Nelson

quote:
Originally posted by magic01:

How is Arroyo getting so many more votes over Nelson? Arroyo hasnt even played a game w/ us yet and deserves to start? Nelson has proven he can pass well, hit the big shots, and turn into Mr. 4th Quarter. I dont see how Arroyo deserves the start over him at all.

Maybe if we got an all star like Kidd for a PG then I would agree but Arroyo isnt Kidd.

of course,Nelson is not Kidd too

quote:
Originally posted by Kobe Boricua:

quote:

How is Arroyo getting so many more votes over Nelson? Arroyo hasnt even played a game w/ us yet and deserves to start? Nelson has proven he can pass well, hit the big shots, and turn into Mr. 4th Quarter. I dont see how Arroyo deserves the start over him at all.

Maybe if we got an all star like Kidd for a PG then I would agree but Arroyo isnt Kidd.

You obviously didn't get the point of my post. It was that Nelson has played w/ the Magic and shown what he can do. Arroyo hasn't. If we brought in a new player, they should only be thrown into the starting PG position if they are known throughout their career to be awesome/ or all star (such as Kidd) - unless of course there are injuries.

Wow, all these posts, all this disagreement, and Arroyo has yet to even meet his new organization, let alone play for us. If it is like this now, I don't look forward to what it will be like when games are being played again. Arroyo and Darko will both need several games/practices to get acclimated to the system, the coaching staff, and their new teammates. How about we cut them some slack and let that happen first.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Kobe Boricua:

quote:

You obviously didn't get the point of my post. It was that Nelson has played w/ the Magic and shown what he can do. Arroyo hasn't. If we brought in a new player, they should only be thrown into the starting PG position if they are known throughout their career to be awesome/ or all star (such as Kidd) - unless of course there are injuries.

i konow that and i thin,k the same,Arroyo is the new key in this system,he have to learn first and he can be a very good of the bench,i don,t have any problem with that,i want a Orlando winning 2nd part of the season.

Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

Wow, all these posts, all this disagreement, and Arroyo has yet to even meet his new organization, let alone play for us. If it is like this now, I don't look forward to what it will be like when games are being played again. QUOTE]

Didn't a poster from Utah warn us about this...

quote:
Originally posted by Elvis:

Wow, all these posts, all this disagreement, and Arroyo has yet to even meet his new organization, let alone play for us. If it is like this now, I don't look forward to what it will be like when games are being played again. QUOTE]

Yeah, I've been keeping that in the back of my mind, while also being open minded about following a player vs. following an entire team.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Elvis:

Yeah, I've been keeping that in the back of my mind, while also being open minded about following a player vs. following an entire team.

I agree - he hasnt even played a game and we are being told he is our saviour.... the constant threads are getting tedious....... just as the Utah poster said

Arroyo should be the starting PG. He is a leader who does not turn the ball over and create for his team mates. This season he is 5th in asst/TO ratio. On the other hand he proved he can score when he averaged 12.5 pts a game in the 2003-04 season with Utha. Nelson is a great PG but he is more offense oriented and right now Orlando needs to settle things, a task that Arroyo does well. He will get Howard involved early and I am sure he'll help him improve his scoring +6 a game at least.

These are my predictions and of course I could be wrong but I am 100% sure that the Arroyo-Howard combination will be great.

ok this is my point of view. I thnk that what its important rigth now to the orlando magic organitation is to sells tickets. Thats what they only cares about ir rigth know. Carlos Arroyo and Darko will do that. Specially carlos because the lots of latins in the orlando area and because the Puertoricans are crazy to go to Disney world know they got a new reason to fly and a shippier reason.

So Carlos will be the starter if he dont intend to shot a become a passer. That why any team in the nba want him because he one nigth shot a lot and one nigth pass a lot.

Nelson isnt a better shoter than carlos the two are in the same category. Also Carlos its a better passer but cant play defence the only thing he know to do its drove offensive fouls. Why dont put nelson to sg and carlos point gard and trade francis because no body want him on the team.

quote:
Originally posted by gomagics duh:

ok this is my point of view. I thnk that what its important rigth now to the orlando magic organitation is to sells tickets. Thats what they only cares about ir rigth know. Carlos Arroyo and Darko will do that. Specially carlos because the lots of latins in the orlando area and because the Puertoricans are crazy to go to Disney world know they got a new reason to fly and a shippier reason.

So Carlos will be the starter if he dont intend to shot a become a passer. That why any team in the nba want him because he one nigth shot a lot and one nigth pass a lot.

Nelson isnt a better shoter than carlos the two are in the same category. Also Carlos its a better passer but cant play defence the only thing he know to do its drove offensive fouls. Why dont put nelson to sg and carlos point gard and trade francis because no body want him on the team.

Took me a while but i figured out what you were saying. No one wants Francis? Francis is our best player. Carlos isnt a better shooter than Nelson, thats the stupidest **** ive ever heard. Nelson is better than Carlos Arroyo. I know that Orlando is filled with puerto ricans but im sure theyd rather see us win and putting one of our best players on the bench wont do that.

Carlos' shooting

FG% .363

FT% .724

3P% .333

Nelson's shooting

FG% .470

FT% .762

3P% .439

Nelson murders Carlos in shooting no comparison

I have been seeing this also that of people are saying that these two will make us better then detroit, we are from that, but they give us needed depth off the bench that is good, but arroyo will be playing third string behind nelson an francis na dooling will most likewly play shooting guard. darko will backup if i am thinking right battie an howard. os hopefully he isnt a bust. an proves he can play, but we are not a championship team because we got these tow, i think if deshawn can get a better jumper an hill can play consitent an francis scores more an howard gets a jumpshto we will be a team to mess with.