Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Would the Lakers Trade Rosters with the Magic?

23 members have voted

1. 1. Hypothetical question: Would the Lakers, with their overpaid vets and Dwightmare, trade rosters with the Magic, with their young guns and draft possibilities over the next two summers?

• Yes, the Lakers would trade rosters, as the Magic are in a better spot as a franchise
    • No, the Lakers would not trade rosters, as the Magic are not in a better spot as a franchise

If the Lakers had our roster they would almost certainly be the worst team in the western conference. They would be so bad that fans would stop coming to the games.

But the next season they'd have wiggins/randle/parker and later round pick, plus our core AND the ability to sign/trade for practically any player. Lakers fans aren't stupid and would certainly play along.

Even though I prefer our situation, they still wouldn't do it.

Just wait until they get a one-sided deal for Gasol

Or even better, I'm sure there's a team out there that will pay Dwight max money to do a sign-and-trade with, garnering the Lakers some form of assets back.

The biggest thing the Lakers would benefit from having our roster is the cap space to sign whoever the hell they want to.

Unfortunately, LA will have bottomless cap space. Especially if Dwight doesn't return. Big market and the league loves them and what not.

I voted no. Not because I'd prefer their train wreck to our future/flexibility, but because their front office (much like most people who follow the NBA) are completely short sighted morons.

I still think that the Magic will win a championship before the Lakers, if Dwight stays in LA though. Definitely the right direction for this franchise. Good job Henny.

Or even better, I'm sure there's a team out there that will pay Dwight max money to do a sign-and-trade with, garnering the Lakers some form of assets back.

Agreed. The Lakers will find a way to make this work for them. They always do.

I just want to say that, last night was pretty funny to watch. #Karma.