quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Originally posted by The Ghost of John Gabriel:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by The Ghost of John Gabriel:

I guess JC is the board resident PC renta cop?

No I guess not actually. I'm just over the age of 11 and realize the comments I make whether jokingly or not may offend people or instigate a situation.

I got an idea, put away the tonka toys and grow up.

For entertainment purposes alone, I would love to hear what I posted that is offensive. But, for the record, I couldn't care less what you, or anybody else thinks.

Come on man, i'm as white as white can be yet I read the posts about the crime with puerto rican people in the other thread. Who do you think you are? Is this HBO and that is just your schtick? Nobody wants that around here.

I'm not going to go any further, since I enjoy this board very much and do not want to be looked on as a troublemaker or get kicked off. But let's all forget we are hidden by our computers and act like adults. Joking around is one thing, but just leave the race jokes out of it. It's way easier than trying to explain that it's just a joke.

For the record, I don't understand what the joke is and all. If somebody can explain it to me... maybe in a PM, that would be good, I would like to understand it.

Guys, don't be narrow-minded. This is an international board, I could come from Mars and post here if I got some internet there. Point is, learn to respect everybody's race, specially if it is part of your city and basketball team. Jokes like that (for what you all say) can help people comming around and viewing the guys here as racists because of past comments/ideas expressed.

quote:
Puerto Rico plays Argentina tonight. Hope they can keep the energy up.

These two teams last met Saturday in a "friendly" in Puerto Rico, but trust me... friendly my ***!! Arroyo did not play because of a sore muscle, and Argentina barely beat PR by 1, on a last second shot by newly acquired Houston Rocket PF Luis Scola. Let's see how this game goes with Arroyo on court, and the game actually having some meaning.

quote:
Originally posted by OsoTommy:

PS Ghost and any one else in the same line, please go somewhere else if you are trying to screw up this thread again like you did with the previous one. I read your posts and it's a shame how Moderators allowed that thread to get out of hand the way it did. Let's keep this thread nice guys. If someone has something negative to say start your own thread please and let everyone else enjoy this one as a positive one. Everyone has the right to their opinion as long as you don't step in my munions. Let's keep it nice guys and that is an effort from everyone. If some idiot comes here and start bashing, DON'T RESPOND and PM a Moderator with the situation. Let the Mod take care of this situations instead of starting a bashing war.

I think you should take your own advice. You mention above that you think everyone has a right to their opinion and yet just the other day you took me to task for stating mine. So, which is it? Do I have a right to my opinion or don't I?

Also, you mention that it is "a shame how moderators allowed that thread to get out of hand." Are you serious? You think we "let" it get out of hand? First off, there are only 5 of us. We can't be on all the time so we can't

catch everything that happens. We were deleting or closing lots of threads yesterday and one of them that was particularly bad was shut down almost immediately.

You later state in the above post that you think the Mods should be the ones to handle it...again, please take your own advice.

I considered responding to you in a PM, but I felt that what I had to say might be best stated to everyone.

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

quote:
Originally posted by OsoTommy:

PS Ghost and any one else in the same line, please go somewhere else if you are trying to screw up this thread again like you did with the previous one. I read your posts and it's a shame how Moderators allowed that thread to get out of hand the way it did. Let's keep this thread nice guys. If someone has something negative to say start your own thread please and let everyone else enjoy this one as a positive one. Everyone has the right to their opinion as long as you don't step in my munions. Let's keep it nice guys and that is an effort from everyone. If some idiot comes here and start bashing, DON'T RESPOND and PM a Moderator with the situation. Let the Mod take care of this situations instead of starting a bashing war.

I think you should take your own advice. You mention above that you think everyone has a right to their opinion and yet just the other day you took me to task for stating mine. So, which is it? Do I have a right to my opinion or don't I?

Also, you mention that it is "a shame how moderators allowed that thread to get out of hand." Are you serious? You think we "let" it get out of hand? First off, there are only 5 of us. We can't be on all the time so we can't

catch everything that happens. We were deleting or closing lots of threads yesterday and one of them that was particularly bad was shut down almost immediately.

You later state in the above post that you think the Mods should be the ones to handle it...again, please take your own advice.

I considered responding to you in a PM, but I felt that what I had to say might be best stated to everyone.

Lay down the law LOD. Nothing I like more than hypocrisy being called out for what it is.

HEY PEOPLE. Imake this post to talk about Arroyo how he is playing the good thing that he is doing and the bad thing and to know about D12 how he is doing to. PLEASE if you want to make joke a talk something else that is not about this post PLEASE you can make another post not here please.

quote:
Originally posted by PR:

HEY PEOPLE. Imake this post to talk about Arroyo how he is playing the good thing that he is doing and the bad thing and to know about D12 how he is doing to. PLEASE if you want to make joke a talk something else that is not about this post PLEASE you can make another post not here please.

You make a good point PR.

I could be wrong, but I don't think there has been a thread that stayed truly "On Topic" on these boards since February 2006.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

quote:
Originally posted by Erik:

Is futurerama and the Simpsons related? Some of the characters look a like. Doesn't the lady from Married with Children do a voice on futureama?

Futurama is a vastly underrated show that's created and produced by the same people who do the Simpsons.

I actually find Futurama to be more consistently funny than the Simpsons. Maybe the humor in Futurama fits my style more.

Definitly. You know it's coming back on comedy central right? Should be good. It's going to be a movie split into 4 episodes.

Oh, it is so on. I absolutely love that show.