Sign in to follow this  
Blackhennie

jr vs dooling

I have been on the fence about losing dooling. I think that jr gives us more talent (which is never a bad thing) and shooting, but dooling is one of our most consistent player night in and out and our only pg defender(plus he can play 2guard well to)

Here is the brake down as i see it:

Dooling

Positives

I have been on the fence about losing dooling. I think that jr gives us more talent (which is never a bad thing) and shooting, but dooling is one of our most consistent player night in and out and our only pg defender(plus he can play 2guard well to)

Here is the brake down as i see it:

Dooling

Positives

I agreed with you 100%, but I believe that we have too many unproven sg in JJ, Dolling, Bogans and possible Ariza. but we need to make the trade, because we don't have a solid sg, and Jameer and Carlos are in my opinion a great pg's tanderm. Jameer and Carlos are going to play defend isn't you bet that they are going to be in the bench. Whoever wants to be starting pg have to play defend, period.

well my friend that is my 2 cent.

i agree bh but im not on the fence because he is to much of a distraction. dooling is solid defender and most of all solid person. this trade is a mistake period. jacklj

another important point is leadership and direction on the floor. who is that person. he has yet to step up. this team does not need more athletes. it needs smart, dependable, coachable, players that have the team/win at all cost attitude. when are we going to admit to this glaring fact!!!!!!!!!!!jacklj

quote:
Originally posted by jack l j:

i agree bh but im not on the fence because he is to much of a distraction. dooling is solid defender and most of all solid person. this trade is a mistake period. jacklj

Good Post Doolin is a solid Consistent pleyer. not and allstar but is exacly what the Magic need

sure...why don't we do this better...resign Bo Outlaw, then trade him, Augie and Pat, for Melo, and AI....

Denver wants something back. They need a combo guard. They need Dooling....they want Dooling. WE NEED Evans and to strenghten he SG position. The trade is perfect for us....and good for them...

Think Denver would take Arroyo over Dooling? Probably not, but I would much rather see that. Arroyo and Nelson are similar and Dooling offers something that neither do...defense. hate to see him go, but J.r might be too good to pass up.

Are you guys serious. We have a chance to own the Eastern Conference for years to come. I never seen Dooling drop 30+ in any games. But I've seen J.R. Smith do it. Dooling cant shoot the 3pointer well but Smith can. His only 22 and being young is the reason why he acts the way he does. Analyst have compared him to a young Kobe. Hes not there yet or may never be that great,but, when someone analyze your game and compare you to Kobe, you dont pass on them type of players. Dooling like 28, not old but he is what he is. Smith might grow to be something great and we have the chance to see it on our court every night. Young and Talented, this is basically a gift from the Nuggets. Dooling will be missed but replaced quickly. What happens when Lewis or Howard having a bad shooting night, somebody have to step up. We know Nelson could, but we also getting another young player that could also. Him and JJ Redick can split time at the sg position that way everybody is happy and able to contribute there games to help us when. That way at the end of there contracts, they wont wanna leave. Only 22, When he turn 27 he might be a whole different person. More mature and have more experience about how to play the game. He have time to change. Like i said, Dooling is what he is. Smith is gonna be something great and as a Magic fan yall should be proud that we might pick him up. We basically getting 2 good players for 1 cause Garrity is sh**. He also going to his 4th season, at 22, we should let him grow up with us. And for as defense, all them young players defense will get better, they just trying to adjust to the NBA speed. Damm give them time.

Do yall know who else they said was uncoachable and was gonna be a bust. Also he has a bad attitude. TRACY MCGRADY. And look how well he turned out. Pure leader now. Puts every lost game on his shoulders. You cant force players into being leaders, but 1 of them are gonna step up. So we dont really need to keep Dooling around for that role. Tmac was like 22 when started out with us. 1 season averaged like 36ppg. Smith role is gonna be smaller than Tmac role,but, we could definitely use his scoring ability. Every year hes gonna learn more and more how to survive in this league and he might is well do it with us. Were a young team full of talent which could grow into a dynasty type team in several years from now. As a Magic fan im proud to hear this news and hope they go thru with this deal. Grant Hill had no choice but to be a leader. He didnt do sh** on the court for us so he made sure he was a good leader. But thats what the head coach job is really for. But on the court, 1 of them will step up. J.R. Smith, Reggie Evans welcome to Orlando.

quote:
Originally posted by jack l j:

another important point is leadership and direction on the floor. who is that person. he has yet to step up. this team does not need more athletes. it needs smart, dependable, coachable, players that have the team/win at all cost attitude. when are we going to admit to this glaring fact!!!!!!!!!!!jacklj

Agree. I don