Sign in to follow this  
otis_smith

Would you mortgage our future for Kobe?

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

I'm kind of getting sick of some of the panzy azz comments being made on these boards.

"We don't want a player with character issues."

"We don't want to send a bad message."

"We want to keep our squaeky clean image and hire only choir boy ball players."

Give that crap a rest. Sometimes you need a player or two with an aggressive edge to them. You need a guy to go out and do the dirty work with a sinister snear. You need to be able to intimidate people to win basketball games.

In business, sometimes you need to get your hands dirty. And in this case, at least we have a lifetime supply of Amway soap to wash off the grime.

Some of us are sick of self-appointed "know it alls" talking about us being panzy azz simply because we don't kiss their feet in agreement with them.

Tell the guys I picked up in my helicopter in hot LZs in Nam that I am a panzy azz.

There are multiple ways to accomplish things. I oppose getting Kobe for a variety of reasons, primarily because I question him as a team player. Just like I was glad to see T-Mac go. And I oppose Artest because I question him as a team player. You don't agree, fine. I have my right to an opinion just like you do.

In my opinion, we have important assets in Ariza and Redick. And I wouldn't trade them for Kobe. That is my opinion, live with it.

You don't need a goon to be the tough guy. Be tough by playing through it like Steve Nash. Or by blocking people out til they give up trying to get a rebound, like Howard. I suppose you would rather have the player who knocked Nash into the scorer's table. I want the guy who gets up after some panzy azz player knocks him down because he can't figure out how to guard him.

Somehow, I guess, some people think the way to success is by belittling other people's opinions. Maybe you should ask the moderator to just ban people like me, because I don't think Kobe is the second coming.

I, for one, think you have every right to your opinion. Too bad you feel so different about mine.

quote:
Originally posted by ST since 90:

Some of us are sick of self-appointed "know it alls" talking about us being panzy azz simply because we don't kiss their feet in agreement with them.

Tell the guys I picked up in my helicopter in hot LZs in Nam that I am a panzy azz.

There are multiple ways to accomplish things. I oppose getting Kobe for a variety of reasons, primarily because I question him as a team player. Just like I was glad to see T-Mac go. And I oppose Artest because I question him as a team player. You don't agree, fine. I have my right to an opinion just like you do.

In my opinion, we have important assets in Ariza and Redick. And I wouldn't trade them for Kobe. That is my opinion, live with it.

You don't need a goon to be the tough guy. Be tough by playing through it like Steve Nash. Or by blocking people out til they give up trying to get a rebound, like Howard. I suppose you would rather have the player who knocked Nash into the scorer's table. I want the guy who gets up after some panzy azz player knocks him down because he can't figure out how to guard him.

Somehow, I guess, some people think the way to success is by belittling other people's opinions. Maybe you should ask the moderator to just ban people like me, because I don't think Kobe is the second coming.

I, for one, think you have every right to your opinion. Too bad you feel so different about mine.

Are you having a nasty little Nam flashback or something? BTW, thank you for your service.

This is your first post in this thread and you somehow feel compelled to attack me for replying to someone else's post.

Get a grip.

I'm with Smackdaddy on this

Overrating the guys we have now. They have serious potential - but lets be real

this is KOBE BRYANT. lol. Trevor Ariza? JJ Redick? Jameer Nelson?

I'm sorry. They'd have to go. And there wouldn't be a small window. Kobe could carry us now - Shard could carry us in the middle - and Dwight could carry us in the later years. Its the way things should have worked out in LA. Shaq could have moved to the number 2 option, allowing Kobe to take the reigns.

and Kobe's "inability" to get the team involved is overblown.

The concept of tTEAM are the Spurs, one or 2 years ago, the pistons. Concept of Individuality : Lakers.

the point is: you want to win champs or you want to see one player making 80 points in a gme?

I prefer the first one.

Kobe Bryant is an excellent team player when prompted to be. Deferring to Shaq during the three peat, the Phoenix Suns series two years ago, the beginning of last season. All examples of times where Kobe turned to team ball and it worked out great for his team.

What people don't realize is that Phil Jackson actually has a gameplan called "Kobe Ball" that he goes to if the Lakers aren't playing well. Its not a decision of Kobe - Phil makes this call. Its what happened in the 81 point game. The Lakers were playing terrible. They were getting blown out. None of the role players were making shots - Kobe got in a zone. They come back and win the game.

with Kobe, his concept is winning. If he just wanted to continue to rack up individual accolades - why would he talk about being traded to a team with talented players as opposed to staying in LA where the ball will consistently be in his hands and he'll receive all the credit?

and I hate Kobe Bryant - I can't believe I have to defend him. And I hope some of our fans never grow to be Magic GM lol

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:

Are you having a nasty little Nam flashback or something? BTW, thank you for your service.

This is your first post in this thread and you somehow feel compelled to attack me for replying to someone else's post.

Get a grip.

Smack, thanks. No flashbacks yet. But I wouldn't guarantee they might come someday. Time will tell.

Your post seemed kind of general to me and directed at anyone that thought that the Magic should avoid certain players because of their history of being trouble makers (Interpreted by some as being tough.)

Even though I hadn't posted in the thread before, I felt that I should respond because I, too, believe character is very important to team building.

So you got a little Smack back at ya. Sounds like a good thread to me then.

This would be a lot more fun if there was beer involved. Now there is something worth gripping.

quote:

Smack, thanks. No flashbacks yet. But I wouldn't guarantee they might come someday. Time will tell.

Your post seemed kind of general to me and directed at anyone that thought that the Magic should avoid certain players because of their history of being trouble makers (Interpreted by some as being tough.)

Even though I hadn't posted in the thread before, I felt that I should respond because I, too, believe character is very important to team building.

So you got a little Smack back at ya. Sounds like a good thread to me then.

This would be a lot more fun if there was beer involved. Now there is something worth gripping.

I'm not saying I want a team full of thugs. I actually have a great deal of respect for the Magic organization for mainly taking the high road when evaluating talent based on character.

I simply tire of the endless posts that eliminate any player based on one or two indiscretions. We all make mistakes, and I think it occurs more regularly among 20 year old millionares.

Just because a player has a few lapses in judgement doesn't mean he should automatically not be part of the Magic plans. All of us need to learn our lessons and mature based on those lessons.

There's my much more PC response.

I would do that deal quick. ITS FU***** KOBE BRYANT. If they brought Kobe here to go with Lewis Howard Webber and keep Arroyo. We will win a championship this year. Kobe have already proved that he can play team ball. The guy used to start scoring his points in the second half of games. Spent the whole first half trying to setup teammates. If thats not a team player then i dont know what is. Kobe is welcomed to the Magic that would be a sick roster. Arroyo Kobe Lewis Webber Howard Get it done Otis. And for the guy above that said he was glad when Tmac left. Are you fuc**n serious. Tmac was all alone. We should have never let him go. He a couple years left on his contract and guess who was coming when he shouldve still been here. D Howard. It couldve been the Tmac and Howard show. So dont act as if Tmac didnt do sh** for us. That dude played his fu***** heart out every night.

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

My lineup would look like this after that deal:

Arroyo

Bryant

Lewis

Webber

Howard

Sick

+1