Sign in to follow this  
Emory889

The Official VC to Orlando thread. ~merged~

quote:
Originally posted by ags_pr:

What about Hedo/Grant/Deiner for

VC and Miki Moore?

That way you not only get the superstar, but you also get a solid backup for Dwight.

And if you don't like Moore, then trade him for some other big.

I like that but know FOR SURE Thorn would not part with Mikki. Just look at how's he's been playing lately. He's part of their future.

quote:
Originally posted by FeedDwight:

I would take Vince Carter for Reddick, Turk, Dooling, Fran. I think its a fair trade for both teams. Thorn is a great GM with a history of solid moves for the Nets. Hes not going to just give Carter away.

We are building around Dwight Howard, Darko Milicic, Jameer Nelson, and Trevor Ariza. I dont mind losing Reddick considering we have a shot at taking the East this year, and the MLE to work with in the offseason to add a big man, or another wing player.

My only concern is we are losing a lot of 3pt shooting if we give up Turk and Reddick. Nelson, Carter, and Bogans would be are only 3pt threats.

The EAST is wide open...and with the way Darko and Dwight have been playing.. I would make this trade right now.

but the deal doesnt work capwise

quote:
Originally posted by chosen12:

quote:
Originally posted by ThefutureGM:
Originally posted by chosen12:

Keeping GHILL makes total sense. Getting rid of HEDO and others will free up cap room in the future and with GHILL still being the vetern on the team Carter would not need to be the leader. The Magic do want to win now and with GHILL and CARTER on the court that is a real good team

I should have been specific, my aplogizes FutureGM, what I should have said was it did not make cap sense, with a GHill and VC @ $16mil and $15mil respectivley! If we are going for the finals this year and have the green light to exceed the cap, Is he bringing Collins or Moore with him?? Answer this one when you can!!

Not sure why you say the Cap space will not work. The Magic will go over if they can but they rather not. Hill makes more then Carter and if you trade Hedo, JJ, Pat, Dooling then Carter does not add any more to the cap this year. Grant signs for the min next year and you resign Darko and Carter then you still have about 4-5mil for another player and stay under the cap.

If the Magic add Carter then you will have a huge log jam at the SG spot so trading JJ gives him the opp to play for the Nets while they rebuild.

I think they do not need to offer JJ to get carter but they have because JJ wants to play many minutes and he will not get that option with the Magic. NJ has to save face or their fans will freak out.

Also, the Nets are talking with LA about JKID right now, if that deal goes down then the Carter to ORL will go down for sure. I am hearing that the Magic were told the Carter deal IS going to a happen but NJ wants to delay the announcement to try and get LA thinking the NETS may not blow the thing up. Lot

As long as Darko and Ariza are staying, I think that they should be willing to part with Redick if they had the opportunity to get Vince. JJ has done well despite his lack of minutes, but I see JJ leveling out into nothing more than a Kyle Korver type player (a high percentage shooter who can light up the scoreboard occasionally). Hedo and Dooling are expendable, and the heck with Fran Vasquez. So the question really comes down to whether would you rather have Redick or Vince Carter. In order to make the playoffs, I'll take Carter.

Of course, it wouldn't be a bad thing if they couldn't get him through a trade either, because he'll more than likely end up in Orlando during the offseason afterall. That way, they wouldn't have to get rid of Redick. Plus, it's not like the addition of Carter will guarantee them a deep run into the playoffs this season (Look where the Nets are at now).

quote:
i dont like the idea of involving JJ on this one.. we would be left without any 3 pt shooters to stretch the defense.. hedo/grant/and something for carter IMO is a better scenario..

Vince Carter is an outstanding 3 point shooter. We wouldn't be left helpless in that respect, but I agree that we would still need JJ.

In my mind before this trading rumor came to mind, I thought we were going to keep our team together and elude trade discussions. Nevertheless, our team is between under rated and over rated. This boiling hot Magic team picked the heat they had last year and started season unconcious.

Ever since that loss against the unstoppable Clippers, the Magic have'nt looked that flambouyant on offence. With slumps, injuries, and nights where little mistakes make you pay, there has been great loss in team moral on this Orlando Magic Forum.

I therefore don't agree with any trade discussions at all because I don't think that they would benefit us at all. It benefits the other team no matter who we trade for because they will receive the young talent that we developed for our future.

Not agreeing with nobody or disagreeing with anyone who are my forum family but just saying that I hope to see this team still together for the next three years. I don't care about the ups and downs but we are finished with rebuilding.

The following were Magic Killers and will become a Magic killer if traded

Was a Magic killer: Trevor Ariza, Keyon Dooling, and Tony Battie.

Will become a Magic Killer if traded: Darko Milicic, Travis Diener, J.J. Redick, and Jameer Nelson.

quote:
Originally posted by ags_pr:

What about Hedo/Grant/Deiner for

VC and Miki Moore?

That way you not only get the superstar, but you also get a solid backup for Dwight.

And if you don't like Moore, then trade him for some other big.

I do not know why on earth anyone would rather trade Grant over JJ. This makes no sense if you want to win now. Plus I have heard several times that Grant for VC is not going to work for the NETS!!!! Maybe a 3rd team would do it but no teams want just expiring contract. JJ is a good player and will be a very good player but some of you Magic fans have him a little to high on your talent board.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

Chad Ford in his podcast says, he thinks Carter is out before trade deadline there are concerns that he may ask for too much and leave the Nets with nothing.

He goes on, Orlando is a good fit but, are nets willing to take back a combo of Grant and Darko? The Nets want to get rid of Collins, so they would try and include him in anything but they (the Nets) not big fans of Darko. Another team is the Clippers. They have a nice combo of expiring contracts and Shaun Livingston. Ford thinks the Nets need to blow everything up and get prospects.

Not really anything other than what we already heard, boring stuff.

He talks about Darko being traded and I just don't see us trading Darko - he is a little in the dark. We want Darko - other teams will want him at the end of the season so it will cost us.

Be careful what you ask for. Trading JJ to a team any where in the East could come back and bite the Magic. If the trade goes through, I'd get a lot of pleasure out of seeing JJ light them up for 40 points playing for the other team. What will be the Magic's excuse next year this time when they find out this trade was a bad move and they should have kept JJ. Trading away their future and keeping Grant Hill is not a good idea. Grant needs to retire and step aside for the younger players. JJ brings energy to the game and there are some Magic players who are just bone tired.

this would be a dream come true

hedo,dooling,garrity,arroyo,fran for vc

although i would like to keep hedo but we get rid of some players