Sign in to follow this  
Rob

If you had to trade out of these 2 for a big(Arroyo or Dooling) Who would you trade?

Come down everyone. Meer and Arroyo COMBINED give us adequate play at the guard. While neither is great, they are both good and we don't have much of a drop off at pg when we go to whoever is on the bench. What we need is a solid PF and we have a very good team. Most pg's take A LOT of seasons to blossom. While Chauncy and Nash are the pgs right now neither was great in ther early to mid 20's. Give Meer a chance but don't sleep on Arroyo. LET"S KEEP THEM BOTH!

quote:
ibonedteribell, Puerto Rico won Silver by some bias refs in Brasil. Puerto Rican boxers got screwed too, even though we won medals, we could of got higher ranked. Its all good though. Can't wait to see the season to start. I'm already excited for Preseason and Arroyo's tournaments.
I am from PR but his comment is not objective and fair. There is always an advantage for the home team in an internatinal touranment but his game was won by Brazils effective 3 pt shooting since in all other departments we were tied. We loused up on this part probably by allowing them a more agressive defense.

I warned you at the beginning of this thread that it would end up in biased fanatic player bashing inciting unreasonable racial issues by both sides. Guys this inciting to argue only affects our unity as Magic fans. Lets be patient and allow the players to do their stuff. No matter what we think Jameer and Carlos will be here at the beginning of the season. Let it be, let it be.

quote:
WOW that was immature, when has Knappy once said Jameer is a premiere p;ayer let alone point guard, what is laughable is Arroyo fanatics that think he is God's gift to basketball, he is a backup at best, he has been in the league 6 years and is STILL not a starter, GET OVER IT, I am sick to death of hearing it.

Jameer has only been in the league 3 seasons, with only 1 as a starter, under one of the worst coaches in the NBA, he will get better with time, Carlos on the other hand, has peaked.

Adam, I assume you are acting as a poster and not a moderator for you definitely are not moderating the discussion here. Knappy is known to incite Arroyo fans when any sort of reasonable discussion about him and Jameer is going on and I know as Marc made very clear to me, is his right to do it. If you look at two of my posts I warned about this situation to avoid it but new members of the board dont know what has happened before, get personal on their responses. Why didnt you intervene when he started the inciting and tried to moderate and decided to to do it after the posters lost their cool? Just meditate on this and sleep on it.

quote:
Originally posted by Mooooooooooves:

Arroyo is Hispanic?!?!

IT IS SOMETHING WRONG ABOUT THAT?

quote:
Originally posted by PR:

quote:

Arroyo is Hispanic?!?!

PR,

"Moooooooooves" was attempting humor by asking a question about the blatantly obvious. He was not disparaging Arroyo or Hispanics.

quote:
Originally posted by ibonedteribell:

quote:
WOW that was immature, when has Knappy once said Jameer is a premiere p;ayer let alone point guard, what is laughable is Arroyo fanatics that think he is God's gift to basketball, he is a backup at best, he has been in the league 6 years and is STILL not a starter, GET OVER IT, I am sick to death of hearing it.

Jameer has only been in the league 3 seasons, with only 1 as a starter, under one of the worst coaches in the NBA, he will get better with time, Carlos on the other hand, has peaked.

Adam, I assume you are acting as a poster and not a moderator for you definitely are not moderating the discussion here. Knappy is known to incite Arroyo fans when any sort of reasonable discussion about him and Jameer is going on and I know as Marc made very clear to me, is his right to do it. If you look at two of my posts I warned about this situation to avoid it but new members of the board dont know what has happened before, get personal on their responses. Why didnt you intervene when he started the inciting and tried to moderate and decided to to do it after the posters lost their cool? Just meditate on this and sleep on it.

Iboned....

The tone of your post caught me offguard and as a fellow moderator I feel the need to defend Adam. First and foremost, we are Magic fans, or we would not be on these boards. Our status as moderators does not preclude us from involving ourselves in passionate discussions or from having very strong opinions about the team or its personnel.

I have read through this thread and so far have not seen anything that warrants a warning. The fact is, ANY thread involving the Arroyo/Nelson debate has the potential to get heated. But that doesn't mean that we should just automatically lock up any thread that mentions it. Tension seems to go hand-in-hand with this particular topic and it is coming from BOTH sides of the argument.

And as for moderating, well let me tell you, if I ever thought that moderating got in the way of me stating my thoughts on an issue or allowing another member to state his or her thoughts on an issue (while staying within the board guidelines), then I would relinquish my duties and turn them over to you.

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

quote:
Originally posted by PR:

quote:

Arroyo is Hispanic?!?!

PR,

"Moooooooooves" was attempting humor by asking a question about the blatantly obvious. He was not disparaging Arroyo or Hispanics.

OK. THANKS

WHY we can't stop talking about all the bad things about NELSON AND ARROYO. we all know they are young we have a good team why not talk about all possitive thing that they can make in the team because we all know we can have a good season this year.Iam sick about this S...... Lets all be possitive about NELSON AND CARLOS. STOP WITH THIS FIGHT. GO NELSON ARRIBA ARROYO A LANTE.

Im sick and tired of people saying that Arroyo has been in the nba for 6 seasons and hes not a starter, while Meer hasonly been in the nba for 3 seasons. Well actually Arroyo was a starter and was way more affective than Meer. Arroyo has been in the nba for 6 seasons but ask yourself when has he really goten a chance to really show himself and play like he likes? so please dont bring any of that dumb argument.

Oh and I would trade Dooling a lot sooner than Arroyo al he has is an overated D by some Magic fans.