Sign in to follow this  
~O~

We Have Only One Real Center, Good or Bad?

Just checked out the Magic roster and noticed that we have only a single center in Tony Battie. Sure Dwight can play that position but who will be his sub when he sits out?

Will this be a weakness or a strength or both.

Thinking on this, it may be a strength on the count of our players being quicker than the opposition or this being a weakness on the count of being beaten up down low.

Since I am absolutely lost, is Otis planning on signing any Centers or will the general manager sit on it?

Just checked out the Magic roster and noticed that we have only a single center in Tony Battie. Sure Dwight can play that position but who will be his sub when he sits out?

Will this be a weakness or a strength or both.

Thinking on this, it may be a strength on the count of our players being quicker than the opposition or this being a weakness on the count of being beaten up down low.

Since I am absolutely lost, is Otis planning on signing any Centers or will the general manager sit on it?

Battie and Gortat are perfectly capable of backing D12 at C...

and of course the talks of Webber or Brown are brewing...both of them COULD play C...

and dont forget Franny...he's still not out of the picture...

quote:
Originally posted by You're Fat, Pat!:

and of course the talks of Webber or Brown are brewing...both of them COULD play C...

We'll have to wait and see until the start of the season. I don't think we will have this exact roster come opening night. If Webber and Brown don't work, we will sign somebody else. It's almost a definite thing.

We don't have Gortat yet cause I don't see him on the roster. Is the Organization planning on signing Marcin Gortat?

And about the PJ Brown and Chris Webber. Is this some sort of deal or something? I should look more into that.

Where the Darko Milicic is Nyce?!

You know how bad this situation really is. I dont wanna jinx Howard but if he ever gets injured were gonna be hurting in that position. As of now we have Battie and Augustine for backup bigs. Not sure if Gortat got signed yet. Webber and Brown is not for sure yet, just all talk. So they better do something fast. I mean its good for us now that we have a center that can play 40 minutes per game and play entire season without any missed games. But ask yourself this, how many centers can you think of that can do that? So were very lucky for now.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:

We'll have to wait and see until the start of the season. I don't think we will have this exact roster come opening night. If Webber and Brown don't work, we will sign somebody else. It's almost a definite thing.

Totally agree. The organization sign someone if is webber or brown or someone.

quote:

Gortat hasn't proven he even belongs in the NBA, so the above comment can't be taken seriously. Battie might be able to back up Howard in stretches, but......with Howard out of the line-up and Battie our sole big man...... that's just plain an ugly thought. And if Battie backs up Howard, who starts at PF? And why has Battie's stock gone up so much, anyway, do we think he'll be so much better than last year because he's a year older? He ain't Dwight, you know.....there's an age difference there.

We better get some more big men, or we're going to be abused on the boards every single night.

quote:
Originally posted by FireOtisSmith:

I would say its pretty bad.

Battie, Gortat, Augustine, And Rivers used to Play Pat at Center, Their YMCA SCRUBS!

Even though I hate it, I gotta say the sig is kinda funny.