Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

Pretty much...although my guy (who broke the pick that I disclosed in the chat room) says Burke is our guy. Great thing about this is the pressure is now squarely on Cleveland. Hell, they may take Porter...we could still trade down and get our guy (Burke) or take the flier on Noel at #2. It's really a pretty sweet place to be..no one will give a poop after Cleveland who will almost definitely screw up

I mean I personally prefer Oladipo over BMAC myself, he seems more well rounded, and capable of more than BMAC. I feel like our priority is a PG, but I like our odds either way with Burke as an option.

What are your overall thoughts?

Pat Williams: When we got down to those final two I thought, “We got it. We got it.” We're grateful that Washington pulled the upset today. So, we wind up in the two spot, and I just spoke to [general manager] Rob Hennigan and he seems really pleased.

It appears this team is really on the way back with some of the young talent recently acquired. Do you feel like this team really has a solid plan for the future in place?

Pat Williams: There's no question there's a plan. They say this draft isn't running over with great talent, but believe me, there will be eight or 10 players from the draft, you'll look back and say they had really good careers. We're very pleased. Obviously, we came here to win it, because we have a history and wanted to keep it going. But, everybody is very pleased with the second pick. We could have been as low as four.

Your organization took some heat for the Dwight Howard trade last summer, but if you take a closer look right now, the Magic came away with a pretty good haul, with young players like Moe Harkless and Nikola Vucevic, and also adding Tobias Harris this season in a trade. Is that a testament to the patience and the plan your general manager has put in place?

Pat Williams: Rob is very deliberate, and he's got good people around him. He doesn't rush into anything. That deal, which at the time last summer was heavily criticized, but it turned out to just be incredible. We got Harkless and Vucevic, who are good pieces. We got three future first-round picks, and handful of second-round picks, which will pay dividends as well. Rob knows what he's doing. For a young guy, it's very impressive. Out of this draft, we'll come away with a really good young player and roll him into the mix as well.

What are your thoughts on Head Coach Jacque Vaughn and the job he's doing?

Pat Williams: He did a terrific job just to get through the season. It was a tough season, with 60 losses, but he stayed focused and stay enthused. He never lost his cool. The players respect him. He's a very bright young coach who's going to be coaching in this league for a very long time.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz2TzGMpmse'>http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz2TzGMpmse

http://www.draftexpress.com

Well, everyone knows I want Burke even if we was picking #1 but I want to say that I would take BMac over Oladipo every single time. Just don't see what makes Oladipo better than either Burke or BMac.

Trey Burke will be a Magician mark my words. Being told our camp believes he's a franchise PG and honestly think he's a Chris Paul type talent and being vastly underrated...which they love. If you don't like it, start getting used to it now because its happening.

Well, everyone knows I want Burke even if we was picking #1 but I want to say that I would take BMac over Oladipo every single time. Just don't see what makes Oladipo better than either Burke or BMac.

If you're looking for defense..

I want Burke as our first option, but Oladipo is much more versatile than BMAC. Great defensively and very athletic offensively. Pretty much all around player.

Maybe because most people think he will be a top 3 pick. Bilas just listed him as his top prospect. It's more than just people on this forum.

The Cavs aren't drafting McLemore when they just drafted Waiters last year, so to not have B-Mac even on this list of potential draftees for us is foolish. I don't care if you hate the guy, you look stupid not even listing him as someone we might draft.

So you guys would rather have BMAC over Oladipo?

Does a bear **** in the woods? Is the pope catholic? Yes and Yes.

Trey Burke will be a Magician mark my words. Being told our camp believes he's a franchise PG and honestly think he's a Chris Paul type talent and being vastly underrated...which they love!

Puke with the Chris Paul comparisons.

Puke with the Chris Paul comparisons.

Doesn't matter, we're drafting him. If Paul was a guarantee in 2005 he would've gone first. He wasn't and he didn't. Burke is our guy...mark my word, like it or not

Trey Burke will be a Magician mark my words. Being told our camp believes he's a franchise PG and honestly think he's a Chris Paul type talent and being vastly underrated...which they love!

I hope what you are being told is the truth. I feel he has the best talent, leadership, and drive to be great in this draft. My fingers will be crossed until June 27th