Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

Hey fellow magic fans! Im new here been lurking here since it was the old forum, just decided make an account. Be kind :)...

In the even we trade down I've seen alot of people say they'd like cj, as would i. I can't recall if theres any connection to the magic? If there is would someone mind posting the link please :)

I believe we are sleeping on another possibility here: Reggie Jackson. Henny drafted this joker in 2011 for OKC and he's a young, tall, athletic point guard. Might he, not Jeremy Lamb, be the player OKC is dangling to move from #12 to #2?

interesting,

While 6'3 isn't particularly tall, a 7 FOOT WINGSPAN(!!!!????) is mind blowing. He certainly fits the eye test as a PG (which to me Bledsoe does not). But we would need another pick in this deal. Perhaps OKC sweetens the pot somehow and sends $$ to Dallas to help us land the pick? Or OKC 1st rounder next season?

You have my permission to take this to Rob.

Means nothing. Hennigan plays everything extremely close to the vest. What's he gonna say, "we've been talking to LA daily and trying our best to work out a deal"?

He's not playing this close to the vest. He's flat out saying there won't be a deal. If it turns out he's outright lying to the press, people won't believe anything he says in the future.

He has no need to damage his credibility like that. If he was considering a deal, he'd be better off just saying nothing about it. I'm taking his words at face value, since it would be just as easy for him to say nothing at all.

He's not playing this close to the vest. He's flat out saying there won't be a deal. If it turns out he's outright lying to the press, people won't believe anything he says in the future.

He has no need to damage his credibility like that. If he was considering a deal, he'd be better off just saying nothing about it. I'm taking his words at face value, since it would be just as easy for him to say nothing at all.

While I do think that we haven't had Hennigan long enough to really know when to accept his words at face value or not, I do believe that most NBA fans, as well as media members, are accepting of the idea that GMs are very flexible with their answers to questions. This is especially true prior to any purported deal that may or may not take place. The press conference (gee, it sure didn't take me long to type out both of those words in their entirety) after a deal goes down tends to involve a bit more straight truth. I don't think that Hennigan is concerned about his credibility because we will never fault him for playing this "truth game" with us, the media, and most importantly, the other NBA front offices.

I have been hearing rumors that Cleveland is leaning drafting Len at #1

If so, Magic will probably draft Noel at #2

If Cleveland drafts Noel at #1

Magic will either draft McLemore at #2 or trade down

That is just my guess

You know, I've been seeing the Len hype too. I had a chance to watch Maryland play the U early this year and I have to say Len looked absolutely atrocious. All of his points were off put backs and he can barely handle the ball. As for defense, most of his blocks were what I'd call accidental--he's so tall that he just happens to get a piece of the ball on occasion. The combo of Miami bigs, Julian Gamble and Kenny Kadji--guys who aren't exactly world class big men--gave this guy serious fits. It's one game, I know, but this was during conference play, way into the season, and he could barely hold his own. I think Len is a bust and I hope the Cavs take him so Rob can have a shot at Noel if he really wants him.

At #2 my preference is definitely Oladipo, since McLemore's dribbling skills give me nightmares and there's a good chance Noel is gone. However, now that we're nearing draft night I kinda hope we trade down somehow. I also hope the Bledsoe trade isn't real because the long view on him isn't so attractive. Can he run an offense? Probably not, right? He might be Westbrook lite, but that's a big if. Super psyched for tomorrow whatever happens.

While I do think that we haven't had Hennigan long enough to really know when to accept his words at face value or not, I do believe that most NBA fans, as well as media members, are accepting of the idea that GMs are very flexible with their answers to questions. This is especially true prior to any purported deal that may or may not take place. The press conference (gee, it sure didn't take me long to type out both of those words in their entirety) after a deal goes down tends to involve a bit more straight truth. I don't think that Hennigan is concerned about his credibility because we will never fault him for playing this "truth game" with us, the media, and most importantly, the other NBA front offices.

There's a difference between being "flexible" with language versus telling outright lies in a press conference. I just can't see what purpose it serves for Hennigan to damage his credibility like that. He could be coy or simply say nothing instead.

There's a difference between being "flexible" with language versus telling outright lies in a press conference. I just can't see what purpose it serves for Hennigan to damage his credibility like that. He could be coy or simply say nothing instead.

If the Clippers leak info and "up" the deal to get other teams to increase their offers, rebuking that deal in the media can have the opposite effect.

If the Clippers leak info and "up" the deal to get other teams to increase their offers, rebuking that deal in the media can have the opposite effect.

Exactly. Every word spoken has a specific use or intent. And since all the GMs play the same game (to verifying degrees of success, of course), they all must interpret the meaning of those words.

I bet they even play the game to a lesser extent when they are actually on the phone to each other.