Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

sources say Indiana has made the No. 23 pick available in hopes that an interested party would be willing to take on the contract of Gerald Green for the right to acquire Indy's pick. ESPN.com

Green has 3 more years..

granted it's kyler...but i had a feeling about this that's why i asked about what people thought about it earlier. i feel like clips are going to feel like just afflalo is not enough. i felt like nicholson is a piece they could ask for. by itself I don't think I like it. i know there are drew haters, and i'm not a homer, but i think that tips the who wins the trade from fair to clippers win. I get the feeling we would include nicholson but only after we see what happens draft night which is why the the trade hasn't happened yet. if we end up with noel i think the trigger will definitely get pulled letting nicholson go. otherwise it may be some different variation of the extra "value" piece the clippers are seeking.

Bledsoe And The Magic: The L.A. Clippers seem to have done a good job outing the Orlando Magic and their pursuit of Eric Bledsoe. Sources say the Clippers are making sure there isn’t a better offer out there for Bledsoe than the package that Orlando is said to be constructing. As of last night, it seemed the Magic’s deal was centered around Arron Afflalo and possibly last year’s first-round selection Andrew Nicholson. There was talk that a protected 2015 first-round pick would be included, basically replacing the draft asset the Clippers had to surrender to get Doc Rivers out of Boston. The Magic would in return get Bledsoe and forward Caron Butler. The deal is far from done, according to sources, as both the Clippers and the Magic are exploring other options, but some of the players involved in the deal believe it may happen on draft night, assuming the Clippers can’t find a better deal.

Read more at http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-am-let-the-trade-rumors-begin#HzLeX0T8zVQ4eBqs.99

What other 2014 first rd pick do we have besides our own. I hope it's from the 76ers cause they might have a lottery pick for us. We have first rd picks coming from the 76ers, Nuggets, and Lakers right.

What other 2014 first rd pick do we have besides our own. I hope it's from the 76ers cause they might have a lottery pick for us. We have first rd picks coming from the 76ers, Nuggets, and Lakers right.

We have the worse pick of the Nuggets or Knicks.

sounds like henny really wants bledsoe if he's willing to sweeten the pot with both nicholson and a future 1st. hope it gets done, bledsoe and anyone at 2 would be a solid draft night

granted it's kyler...but i had a feeling about this that's why i asked about what people thought about it earlier. i feel like clips are going to feel like just afflalo is not enough. i felt like nicholson is a piece they could ask for. by itself I don't think I like it. i know there are drew haters, and i'm not a homer, but i think that tips the who wins the trade from fair to clippers win. I get the feeling we would include nicholson but only after we see what happens draft night which is why the the trade hasn't happened yet. if we end up with noel i think the trigger will definitely get pulled letting nicholson go. otherwise it may be some different variation of the extra "value" piece the clippers are seeking.

I'd actually be more upset if we included a first rounder in the deal, protected or not.

I could stomach Nicholson being included only because I feel he is the most expendable of our younger players.

I'd actually be more upset if we included a first rounder in the deal, protected or not.

I could stomach Nicholson being included only because I feel he is the most expendable of our younger players.

i agree. my problem with nicholson going is he's the guy i view as our "expendable young guys to throw in deals instead of picks ito push it over the top" and i feel like i'd hate to burn him up on this bledsoe along with afflalo who's our "solid role player on reasonable contract guy"if we can help it. for some reason I feel he can better serve us in another deal...i dunno, its tough... they're both 23 nicholson had a solid rookie season, bledsoe needs a better opportunity, they're both right there...we have a logjam at the 4 right now especially if we end up with noel, and have need at PG...i trust henny

If the Clips want Nicholson, Affalo AND a protected first we have to include Hedo and several pizza pies....otherwise no. Maybe if the pick stayed ours if it fell within the top 30...lol....or they have to take the already amnestied contract of Gilbert Arenas.

• Upvote 1

Taking Noel and not improving much as a team is a valuable asset to our team for next year. I wouldnt undervalue the fact he will miss half a season before he starts playing well again. Its way too important to be bad for next years draft and free agent rebuild. A guy like Wiggins may bring in free agents and is quite a player himself. Noel seems to be a perfect fit for our rebuilding team if for no other reason. Think about what from our current roster you would trade to go from 10 to #1 next year.

• Upvote 1

If the Clips want Nicholson, Affalo AND a protected first we have to include Hedo and several pizza pies....otherwise no. Maybe if the pick stayed ours if it fell within the top 30...lol....or they have to take the already amnestied contract of Gilbert Arenas.

Yes, it doesn't appear that Bledsoe's value should be that high at the present moment.

Let's hope there are other components to the deal...

Taking Noel and not improving much as a team is a valuable asset to our team for next year. I wouldnt undervalue the fact he will miss half a season before he starts playing well again. Its way too important to be bad for next years draft and free agent rebuild. A guy like Wiggins may bring in free agents and is quite a player himself. Noel seems to be a perfect fit for our rebuilding team if for no other reason. Think about what from our current roster you would trade to go from 10 to #1 next year.

Perhaps an emerging criteria for the Magic? I wonder if we could do the same with Len, given that he probably doesn't have the skill set anyways.