Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

Well that depends on how you evaluate talent. The Hawks and Bobcats do a piss poor job of evaluating players. Adam Morrison, DJ Augustine, some French guy, Marvin Williams, Sheldon Williams, I could go on and on.

As far as what you are asking the best example is the Thunder. They took Jeff Green and Kevin Durant who were both 3s. They also took Harden right after Westbrook when no one really knew Westbrook would turn out to be this good of a point guard.

Oh man I agree 100%... talk about fail franchises.

• Upvote 1

Bledsoe would be a great player to add. We just need to wait until next year. I don't want anybody who might do something like win us a couple of games and knock us out of a top 3 pick in 2014.

Do you guys really think that ANY free agents are going to come to Orlando in the next couple years? The NBA has turned into a league where all the superstars want to play on the same team. I don't see it I am not trying to be negative just realistic. This team has to build through the draft and get superstars there.

Do you guys really think that ANY free agents are going to come to Orlando in the next couple years? The NBA has turned into a league where all the superstars want to play on the same team. I don't see it I am not trying to be negative just realistic. This team has to build through the draft and get superstars there.

I dont see any free agents coming this year or next. Having said that if we get Bledsoe, draft BMac this year, Parker/Wiggins next, and Hark and Harris improve I could see a big name coming in 2015 if there is any big names in 2015?

With a rumor of us wanting to trade AA. Does anybody think that increases our chances that we will draft either BMac or Vitor?

If what you are saying is true then just maybe we are rubbing off a little common sense. To me McLemore is clearly the pick unless he goes number 1. Burke is average at best. Otto Porter is going to suck. Oladipo is an energy guy with no offensive talent whatsoever. Bennett is a little interesting but not for my liking.

Otto Porter is going to be amazing, but I think McLemore is the right pick

If all of these GM's all over the league truly love Oladipo then remember 1993. The Magic drafted Chris Webber 1st overall, and somehow worked out a deal with Golden State (other teams were mingling in this as well; trade took some doing) to acquire THREE future first round picks and Golden State's third overall pick, Penney Hardaway. So drafting this guard Oladipo, who all these GM's are in love with, is a great piece of stock for Orlando to have on the trade block during the remainder of the draft in my opinion.

Otto Porter is going to be amazing, but I think McLemore is the right pick

Out of all the guys talked about Porter confuses me the most. I just dont see it with the guy. I must be missing something.

If all of these GM's all over the league truly love Oladipo then remember 1993. The Magic drafted Chris Webber 1st overall, and somehow worked out a deal with Golden State (other teams were mingling in this as well; trade took some doing) to acquire THREE future first round picks and Golden State's third overall pick, Penney Hardaway. So drafting this guard Oladipo, who all these GM's are in love with, is a great piece of stock for Orlando to have on the trade block during the remainder of the draft in my opinion.

I like what you are saying and in makes sense, but we won't get that many picks for Oladipo. Chris Weber was a different case. If we could draft Oli and then draft for BMac and gain a pick, now that would be amazing lol

I like what you are saying and in makes sense, but we won't get that many picks for Oladipo. Chris Weber was a different case. If we could draft Oli and then draft for BMac and gain a pick, now that would be amazing lol

Oh yeah for sure, three picks is a stretch, but flipping whos in demand, for who we want anyway and receiving an extra pic would be something to be pretty happy about no doubt.

Chris Webber as the conscensus #1 pick. He was seen as a sure-fire All-Star for years to come. THAT is why people were so high on him. It is true the Oladipo is shooting himself into the Top 5, but C-Webb and Oladipo aren't even in the same category in terms of hype. I would much rather just draft him if he's truly that high on everyone's draft board. There is a reason for it after all.

• Upvote 2

Chris Webber as the conscensus #1 pick. He was seen as a sure-fire All-Star for years to come. THAT is why people were so high on him. It is true the Oladipo is shooting himself into the Top 5, but C-Webb and Oladipo aren't even in the same category in terms of hype. I would much rather just draft him if he's truly that high on everyone's draft board. There is a reason for it after all.

Right on, was just getting into it a couple years after that happened so I really didn't experience the hype until AI96; good points though, those people all want Oladipo with their franchise for a reason. Side Note, It would have been pretty sweet to see a young Shaq and a young CWebb balling on the front line just bangen with players, lol!