Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

As screwy and unpredictable as this draft is going to be Id love nothing more than to see Henny trade down 5-10 spots and still get a guy who we thought would be taken top 3. Ive seen Noel slotted at #1 and now he is at 5. Ive seen Len most of the off season at #10 and now he is projected #1. BMac, Dipo and Porter Ive seen at #1 on various occasions and now they flop around between #1 and #7. For all we know Noel and Dipo could be there at 7 just as easily as they go off the board first. Best case someone has fallen in love with someone we dont want. Id love to see us move down to 7 unload some of the never ending Otis garbage (Im talking about you Hedo) and still get someone like Dipo.

Yes indeed, although I've officially committed myself to Len (haven't asked his parents yet), there's nothing I love more than a good value.

But I do wonder whether this mock movement is anything more than bloggers and tweet squeezers waking up on different sides of beds.

The betting lines suggest 1. Noel, 2. McLemore, 3. Porter with Cleveland keeping the pick. For what its worth i'll be taking Noel and another player to be the top pick of the 2013 draft.

NBA Draft Odds - Who will be Picked 1st?

Nerlens Noel -200

Otto Porter +200

Another Player +500

NBA Draft Odds - Who will be Picked 2nd?

Ben McLemore -150

Trey Burke +150

Victor Oladipo +500

NBA Draft Odds - Who will be Picked 3rd?

Otto Porter -150

Nerlens Noel +500

Anthony Bennett +150

NBA Draft Odds - Will the Cavaliers trade their #1 Pick?

Yes +200

No -300

So Doc to Clips is official which means CP3 is staying put. My guess Bledsoe is in a Magic uniform sooner than later.

A Bledsoe trade isn't going to happen until Paul signs a contract. The Clippers are going to, IMO, turn their attention to trading Griffin and Bledsoe to the Lakers for a sign and trade of Dwight (if it's even possible under the current CBA rules). It would be a good trade for both teams because Blake will fit better in D'Antoni's system. So if the Magic want Bledsoe, they may have to wait until Dwight and Paul officially sign.

A Bledsoe trade isn't going to happen until Paul signs a contract. The Clippers are going to, IMO, turn their attention to trading Griffin and Bledsoe to the Lakers for a sign and trade of Dwight (if it's even possible under the current CBA rules). It would be a good trade for both teams because Blake will fit better in D'Antoni's system. So if the Magic want Bledsoe, they may have to wait until Dwight and Paul officially sign.

The Clipper/Laker trade you proposed has already been rumored and squashed I believe.

I agree that Bledsoe trade isn't happening until Paul signs on the dotted line, but let's be real, he got Del Negro fired and now the Clippers are shedding out a first round pick in next years loaded classes and 35 million to bring in CP3's "coach". He isn't going anywhere now.

And the Howard trade was squashed. Griffin will not be leaving the Clippers anytime soon.

I think it comes down to whether or not we already struck a deal with Dallas to get a PG at 13. If not, I would be surprised if we did not acquire Bledsoe. It just makes to much sense not to happen at this point.

If anything Clippers should just give Bledsoe to us in order to make Paul feel more guilty about leaving them without a point guard :D

This isn't official, the NBA still has to approve it. (I think they will, they have no reason to deny the whole Rivers deal.. now KG right afterwards, okay maybe, but not just Rivers-for-a-pick. But just sayin', Stern has surprised us before)

But hopefully that's a formality. The more likely CP3 re-signs in Clipperland, the more likely Bledsoe will be available.

Then the Clippers just have to accept our trade offer instead of one the other 28 NBA teams, but that's another story. Argh! Can't wait for Thursday night!

P.S. We should deal with Dallas AND the Clippers.. why not get greedy? It's not like we need the same assets for both trades..

I agree that Bledsoe trade isn't happening until Paul signs on the dotted line, but let's be real, he got Del Negro fired and now the Clippers are shedding out a first round pick in next years loaded classes and 35 million to bring in CP3's "coach". He isn't going anywhere now.

And the Howard trade was squashed. Griffin will not be leaving the Clippers anytime soon.

I think it comes down to whether or not we already struck a deal with Dallas to get a PG at 13. If not, I would be surprised if we did not acquire Bledsoe. It just makes to much sense not to happen at this point.

the clippers pick is for 2015.

I could see them trading griffin...i feel like everything on the clippers is available for gm cp3 to make moves with. not saying they will, but for the right price (like love or something) i think griffin can be had. i don't think there's any chance of dwight to clippers, that's stupid talk. i think dwight's either going to houston, or gonna go somewhere with monta ellie havitall like dallas or atlanta.

not sure if i'm all the way in love with it, but i do think the bledsoe deal is likely to happen. i think even if we could get 13 some of the pg's we have our eyes on will be gone by then where it'd probably be less risky to take bledsoe plus ben then try to predict what's going to be there at 13 in this crazy draft.

the clippers pick is for 2015.

I could see them trading griffin...i feel like everything on the clippers is available for gm cp3 to make moves with. not saying they will, but for the right price (like love or something) i think griffin can be had. i don't think there's any chance of dwight to clippers, that's stupid talk. i think dwight's either going to houston, or gonna go somewhere with monta ellie havitall like dallas or atlanta.

not sure if i'm all the way in love with it, but i do think the bledsoe deal is likely to happen. i think even if we could get 13 some of the pg's we have our eyes on will be gone by then where it'd probably be less risky to take bledsoe plus ben then try to predict what's going to be there at 13 in this crazy draft.

The Bledsoe deal for AA is a no brainer to me. I like Affalo he's a good teammate but assuming we draft Oli/Mac I don't really see the point in having AA taking all their minutes. As far as Bledsoe goes I have no clue if he will be really good or really bad but it's pretty much risk free. Try him out for a year and if he's good we could easily resign him if we so choose and I don't think Bledsoe, if he did have a good year, would be against signing in Orlando long term with the young pieces we have.

With all the talk of pick 13 in this draft, some people are going to be upset come Thursday when we don't have it. I"m not saying I'd be completely shocked if we got it but I don't see the ammunition we have to get back up that high in the draft. I don't believe the Mavericks are just throwing that pick away to shed contract money of Shawn Marrion. But hopefully I'm wrong.

The Bledsoe deal for AA is a no brainer to me. I like Affalo he's a good teammate but assuming we draft Oli/Mac I don't really see the point in having AA taking all their minutes. As far as Bledsoe goes I have no clue if he will be really good or really bad but it's pretty much risk free. Try him out for a year and if he's good we could easily resign him if we so choose and I don't think Bledsoe, if he did have a good year, would be against signing in Orlando long term with the young pieces we have.

With all the talk of pick 13 in this draft, some people are going to be upset come Thursday when we don't have it. I"m not saying I'd be completely shocked if we got it but I don't see the ammunition we have to get back up that high in the draft. I don't believe the Mavericks are just throwing that pick away to shed contract money of Shawn Marrion. But hopefully I'm wrong.

I've always been big on Bledsoe so I really want the trade to happen. If we take dipo or ben at 2 then I think that is a pretty good draft/off season for us. Now if we take Noel I would want to trade back into the draft to get Ricardo Ledo or Allen Crabbe because we would have need at sg.

I've lost all faith in us gettting the #13 pick and it would be a pleasant surprise for us to get it. I can't wait till thursday. Hopefully by Friday all there will be to talk about is what are we gonna do with BBD.