Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

Is having 3 young SF's too many? I'd say no for many reasons.

1. Our roster as a whole is distinctly untalented and if the 3rd SF (assuming Hark and Harris are the other two) was extremely talented I'd take him because believe me we need it.

2. Harris spends time at the 4 when we play small ball and is likely to do so even if he starts at SF.

3. Harkless could potentially spend time playing SG, or even start there, depending on his development.

4. All 3 guys will have trade value so that if a star becomes available on the trade block we can use some assets to acquire them and not be left without a starting SF.

And since SF is the only position where we have more than 1 prospect I'm excited about I'm honestly not worrying too much about us suddenly having an over abundance of talent at one position.

Now if we draft a PG with our next 5 draft picks then I'll understand where you're coming from but since it's highly unlikely that the BPA every time we draft will be a PG I think we'll be ok.

Also, for anyone who still likes Shabazz Muhammad:

http://www.cbssports.com/general/blog/doug-gottlieb/22333162/nba-draft-buyer-beware-on-shabazz-muhammad

Even though Harris and Harkless are both small forwards they are very different. Harkless is an athletic player that slashes to the basket and takes 3 pointers (is improving there)... While Harris can handle the ball better and play the pick and roll, shoot from anywhere but he doesn't have the athleticism of Harkless nor can he defend as many positions on the floor.

To answer the question i'd have to say no... but to draft a S.F. (if he isn't an upgrade to Harkless) with the number 2 pick is not the way to go.

Some people seem to be forgetting about OKC having a logjam issue when they had Jeff Green with Harden down at the 2, Durant at the 3, and Ibaka at the 4. Sometimes you have to flip those surplus assets into an asset at a weaker position down the road. Until then, you incubate the talent and see who's part of your core going forward and who's expendable. In OKC's case, Green was the expendable one. Ultimately, I think Harris will probably be moved. I think that maybe even Vucevic could be, as well, for financial reasons. But anyway, my point is that having a surplus of young talent is never a bad thing. Never.

However, I'm not saying we should take a SF this year. I'd rather take Noel or McLemore this year and take one of the elite SFs coming out next year, then worry about "having too many SFs" later on.

I love this board warming up to McLemore! Finally.

Well, its an easy choice for me cause it looks like we might be picking between Oli and BMac.

Some people seem to be forgetting about OKC having a logjam issue when they had Jeff Green with Harden down at the 2, Durant at the 3, and Ibaka at the 4. Sometimes you have to flip those surplus assets into an asset at a weaker position down the road. Until then, you incubate the talent and see who's part of your core going forward and who's expendable. In OKC's case, Green was the expendable one. Ultimately, I think Harris will probably be moved. I think that maybe even Vucevic could be, as well, for financial reasons. But anyway, my point is that having a surplus of young talent is never a bad thing. Never.

However, I'm not saying we should take a SF this year. I'd rather take Noel or McLemore this year and take one of the elite SFs coming out next year, then worry about "having too many SFs" later on.

jeff green has always been a 3/4 tweener. He does not play the 2. Harden is more of a 2 but can play either wing.

I think the problem we are having is that their is equal talent at the 1, 2, and 3 spots. In this case you go with what is better for your team or what is harder to get.

Is there a way for us to get the #1 pick from Cleveland?

Why? Who do you like?

If it's Ben Mac don't worry he'll still be there, same for Burke.

If it's Noel (like me) I honestly think there's a chance he'll still be there at 2. Cleveland needs a SF so they could take Porter or Bennett and I think if they traded the pick the person picking #1 might be trading up to get McLemore because they think we want him.

Obviously there's every chance Cleveland does take Noel but they want to win now according to everything I've heard and Noel doesn't help them do that.

Why? Who do you like?

If it's Ben Mac don't worry he'll still be there, same for Burke.

If it's Noel (like me) I honestly think there's a chance he'll still be there at 2. Cleveland needs a SF so they could take Porter or Bennett and I think if they traded the pick the person picking #1 might be trading up to get McLemore because they think we want him.

Obviously there's every chance Cleveland does take Noel but they want to win now according to everything I've heard and Noel doesn't help them do that.

What I was suggesting was having the #1 and #2 this year.

I think it would be cool to have Noel + McLemore.

--

Obviously a 3rd team would have to help us because we don't have any impact players. Afflalo and Davis aren't that good

jeff green has always been a 3/4 tweener. He does not play the 2. Harden is more of a 2 but can play either wing.

I think the problem we are having is that their is equal talent at the 1, 2, and 3 spots. In this case you go with what is better for your team or what is harder to get.

No **** he doesn't play the 2. My point was that there was no room to slide anyone down or up to get Green into the lineup.

--

Obviously a 3rd team would have to help us because we don't have any impact players. Afflalo and Davis aren't that good

I think the price would be way to high for that. I'm not sure it would be worth it either.

--

I'd say there's neither a will or a way