Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

I'd want him to take the season off and rehab, if we were to draft him

An ACL tear may take close to 2 years to completely heal (personal experience)

Not necessarily. Your knee could heal in less than 12 months for a torn ACL, but being ready mentally could take you 8 months to maybe 18.

I had a torn ACL I stepped on a field 12 months after even though my doctor said 6-8 months. A friend was on the field after 7 months.

If you tear your ACL and something else like MCL or PCL or maybe even your meniscus then we're talking of long time!

Question here...

What's the point of "drafting down" to pick a player like McLemore? If you can end up with the #1 pick then why not just get him? If drafting down, don't you run the risk of someone ahead drafting him? Thanks in advance!

Question here...

What's the point of "drafting down" to pick a player like McLemore? If you can end up with the #1 pick then why not just get him? If drafting down, don't you run the risk of someone ahead drafting him? Thanks in advance!

The thinking is you don't want to draft a player higher than what you think they're worth. But doubly so for the #1 pick.

A lot of times teams agree to draft the player the other team wants, so that's not really an issue. Or you can simply make a trade right before you pick.

Logically if you trade down you hope to get something more back to "compensate" for the value of a higher pick. Maybe another player, pick, cash, w/e.

Question here...

In a weak draft like this, there is no point because there is no one that comes close to McLemore.

The big news here is this: Sources around the NBA have told SheridanHoops that if the Orlando Magic or New Orleans Hornets win the lottery, they both would be strongly inclined to trade the pick to whichever fellow lottery team wants to pay the most for the right to draft Nerlens Noel.

The caveat for Orlando is that it does not want to lose out on Ben McLemore of Kansas, whom it covets the most, or Trey Burke/Victor Oladipo as a fallback. And it’s not that the Magic don’t like Noel. Rather, they don’t need him, already in possession of a top-tier NBA center on a rookie contract in two-year veteran Nikola Vucevic. Same with the Hornets and Anthony Davis.

http://www.sheridanh...mock-draft-2-0/

I'd want him to take the season off and rehab, if we were to draft him

An ACL tear may take close to 2 years to completely heal (personal experience)

Dont tell that to Adrian Peterson...and yes I know he is from another planet.

I can only hope this is true, though I doubt it is. But it would make since due to the fact that McLemore is the best player in this draft and a smart GM like Henny would realize that in a second.

shooting guards are easier to get than size and pgs.

shooting guards are easier to get than size and pgs.

Agree but I'll pass on a 19 year old big that's already had 2 major knee surgeries and I will also pass on the No1 PG in this draft. I think Henny will too. And I wouldn't necessarily say 6'5 guards that have range for days and world class athleticism are easy to come by.