Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

We're getting Smart. Period.

Also, we just clenched the best draft lottery odds...

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-magic-heat-game-0418-20130417,0,4682826.story

At least I feel safe in knowing that we would really have to get screwed to pick worse than second and I'm completely happy with Noel or B-Mac

Oh Wow.... we won't draft smart this year at least. VERY DISAPPOINTED...very... now this draft class looks even worse... Otto Porter? With Harkless at SG and Harris at PF?

There's no point to grasp, that's my point. Kansas not producing a superstar player in however many years has absolutley no bearing on whether McLemore will or wont be a great NBA player. None, zero, zilch. Since you still opt not to respond to any of my questions, I'll go ahead and just assume you concede the point and move on.

Because every question you've asked was either too stupid to answer (your LeBron one) or has already been answered at nauseum in other posts or even other draft threads. Bill Self does not groom players at Kansas for the next level. They have had numerous lottery picks, hell off the top of my head it could be as high as ten, every single one was a bust. Something is to be said about a program when that happens, it isn't just bad luck.

So when someone is talking about a high powered program pushing out ten lottery picks in recent years from the same staff and every single one is a bust, and then you try to compare that with "but this guy went to a mid major and and he's playing good", you realize now why that's a stupid argument right? Ok then.

• Upvote 1

Because every question you've asked was either too stupid to answer (your LeBron one) or has already been answered at nauseum in other posts or even other draft threads. Bill Self does not groom players at Kansas for the next level. They have had numerous lottery picks, hell off the top of my head it could be as high as ten, every single one was a bust. Something is to be said about a program when that happens, it isn't just bad luck.

So when someone is talking about a high powered program pushing out ten lottery picks in recent years from the same staff and every single one is a bust, and then you try to compare that with "but this guy went to a mid major and and he's playing good", you realize now why that's a stupid argument right? Ok then.

How is the Lebron question any more stupid than you asking when was the last time Kansas produced a star player? More importantly, what bearing does your question have on scouting a current prospect, or the probability that said player will translate and possibly be a star in the NBA? The reason you don't like the questions is because you can't provide an answer that defends your point of view. Funny, because that's exactly why I asked them.

So instead you ignore my question about Heinrich, if Lebron would have somehow legitimized the program in your eyes, and the part about how focusing on the program and not the player is inherently stupid. Again, you do this because it makes your point look rather idiotic.

Thank God you have nothing to do with drafting players. I bet my left nut there will not be one discussion held in any front office war room about Kansas' inability to produce elite NBA players. It's a completely ridiculous notion and no amount of deflection on your part will change that.

Edit: One last point. Please name me the program that consistently produces can't miss NBA lottery players that all become stars in the NBA. If McLemore attended that university for one season, would that somehow make him a better prospect in the short term or a better NBA player in the long term? Would he have better handles or attack the rim more aggressively or have that killer instinct that many feel he currently lacks? The obvious answers (since there's no reason to believe you'll respond) are no such program exists and no, these are McLemore's flaws...they have nothing to do with Kansas or the myriad of players who came and went before him. I'd say that about does for this topic.

Yea let's stop this "kansas sending NBA players debate". Any team can produce a star NBA player. Some more than others and some have more disapointment's than others but I'm beginning to value less and less where X player played at (Steph Curry, Damian Lilliard), just give me a good basketball player.

Is this Noel guy an Ibaka type of player or a young Dwight? If he's as good as people say, I'd take the risk, pick him and let him rehab all year.

I always said McLemore's biggest issue was low basketball IQ. All I said was Kansas producing bust after bust was A issue. It's the same thing as an NFL team not wanting to draft a USC QB (and whaddya know, even though Barkley has great stats everyone is avoiding him).

I already know I'm right, but that's not an issue nor does it really matter. If someone says "I disagree" then that's that. If someone says "I'm not so sure about that, could you explain further?" I will do that, nicely. If someone is an ******* and attempts to belittle me AND then on top of it provides a stupid argument, then I'm gonna crush em with a smile on my face. There's really not much I can do after that when they keep talking. I don't put anyone on ignore because A) posters tend to get better over time, and B.) some posters that people have on ignore are unintentionally hilarious.

Is this Noel guy an Ibaka type of player or a young Dwight? If he's as good as people say, I'd take the risk, pick him and let him rehab all year.

The best way I would describe Noel is he is what everyone wanted Tyrus Thomas to be, but even then a little better. It's hard to say if he could turn into Dwight because he would have to get as big as Dwight. I get that Dwight was skinny in high school but he had the frame obviously to bulk up. I don't know if Noel can do that with his body or not, I'm not a trainer nor a doctor. It would certainly be awesome if he could.

The school doesn't make or break a player; the player does.

It's up to Ben Mclemore to prove himself if we do pick him. Not Bill Self, Kansas trainers, etc.

Here's another thing: Mclemore is only a freshman and the footage we've seen from him isn't 100% conclusive of what he can and can't do. He has the ability to do a lot of things, but whether he actually gets there is a totally different thing. Evaluating his work ethic, professionalism, etc. is probably the #1 priority if you want to draft him.