Sign in to follow this  
TheJambo

Dooling our new big PG!!!!

Dooling may just be the answer we have been looking for at the point. He is tall and quick, and he made some nice quick moves and some impressive passes tonight.

Why did it take so long to try him there for extended minutes????

I was not a big fan of his playing SG, but he was very impressive for his first major minutes at PG for a long time!!!!

Dooling may just be the answer we have been looking for at the point. He is tall and quick, and he made some nice quick moves and some impressive passes tonight.

Why did it take so long to try him there for extended minutes????

I was not a big fan of his playing SG, but he was very impressive for his first major minutes at PG for a long time!!!!

What a discovery?

How long you have been watching the Magics?

He was our starter PG on a few games last year and we were losing.

He played good tonight but I will like him to do that every night. I'll wait until he proves me wrong.

I have been watching the Magic for a long time....

Keyon has not played many minutes at PG this year, I was not talking about last year.

This year is the year that Carlos and Jameer has proven they are not the answer at PG, and while this may only be one game by Dooling, I will take him any day over Dribble-Shoot First Arroyo. Jameer better be careful also, or Dooling if he continues this style of play will be taking his minutes too.

So, before you make a smart remark, maybe you ought to remember what year we are in now, not past years......Because past years Garrity used to be able to shoot also......and Grant was an All-star...so keep up with me here...we are talking about this year!!!!

By the way I typed real slow so that you could keep up!!!! LOL

quote:
Originally posted by TheJambo:

Keyon has not played many minutes at PG this year, I was not talking about last year.

This year is the year that Carlos and Jameer has proven they are not the answer at PG, and while this may only be one game by Dooling, I will take him any day over Dribble-Shoot First Arroyo. Jameer better be careful also, or Dooling if he continues this style of play will be taking his minutes too.

So, before you make a smart remark, maybe you ought to remember what year we are in now, not past years......Because past years Garrity used to be able to shoot also......and Grant was an All-star...so keep up with me here...we are talking about this year!!!!

I'm not talking about past years. Was only one year ago. Ha!

So now he was B.Hill's top secret weapon, being developed as a PG waiting for this game.

quote:
Originally posted by Tejiendo:

quote:
Originally posted by TheJambo:

I'm not talking about past years. Was only one year ago. Ha!

So now he was B.Hill's top secret weapon, being developed as a PG waiting for this game.

Lol yes... in Brian Hill's point guard laboratory...

quote:
Originally posted by Tejiendo:

He was our starter PG on a few games last year and we were losing.

He played good tonight but I will like him to do that every night. I'll wait until he proves me wrong.

I'm with Tejiendo. This was just one game and I want him to play like this more often/consistent. However, as stated in my other thread, I do want him on this team. He's a good team player. I think He and Diener should share backup PG duties for matchup purposes. Tell Carlos to pack his bags.

HEY dont be to exited about dooling.

he is better defender than Arroyo but did you saw the numbers in thi game?

21 min. 2 asist 4 points 3 to

Hello we have defeted the jazz before with better numbers from Arroyo.

and I forgot the 4 to of jemeer .

Arroyo also have more control of the ball than dooling.

I understand that Carlos is not playing good but remember that this isnt our 1rst victory.

quote:
Originally posted by JAVIER:

HEY dont be to exited about dooling.

he is better defender than Arroyo but did you saw the numbers in thi game?

21 min. 2 asist 4 points 3 to

Hello we have defeted the jazz before with better numbers from Arroyo.

and I forgot the 4 to of jemeer .

Arroyo also have more control of the ball than dooling.

I understand that Carlos is not playing good but remember that this isnt our 1rst victory.

Numbers aren't everything. Dooling offers a lot more intangibles than any other PLAYING PG we have/had. Anyone who watched the game will tell you Dooling was the KEY to our win.

quote:
Brian Hill's point guard laboratory...

lol that's a way to put it! Anyone except B.Hill could see Dooling can do a better job at PG than Jameer. He has a natural height advantage and plays better defense. He would look to play more up-tempo than Jameer as well.

I don't know about you all but I had flashes of the Penny/Shaq days with Dooling, JJ, Ariza and Howard there at the same time, especially with those fast breaks ending in dunks!

I hadn't seen that since the Penny days.. not even in the Tracy era we saw these kind of fast-breaks.

A few times I had to pinch myself, I thought it was 1995 all over again =)

I have to post something here. It's one of the few positive threads on the board even after a nice win!

Dooling! Man, if he can keep that up our season could turn around quick. Smothering defense from the top and that's where it all starts, at the point guard position.

There was a noticeable difference in our defense and transition game when Keyon was on the floor as oppopsed to Jameer.

Go Magic!