Sign in to follow this  
You're Fat, Pat!

Will D12 start on the US National Team??

look guys... there are about 5,000 combinations.. All are a better option than any other country in the world. All I ask is that there is 1 pure shooter on the court at the same time. Redd, Miller, or Reddick. The other 4 can be anyone on that team. It is stacked.

Carmelo was the best player on the team last summer. So he will prolly start.

Kidd

Kobe

Melo

Amare

Bosh/Dwight/Chandler

I think the center posistion is gonna depend on the situation

There is goaltending but once the ball hits the rim it can be touched

Last year, we played Melo/Lebron at PF A LOT. I believe in the game we lost to Greece at the end Bosh, Brand, and Dwight combined for like 50 total minutes or something similar. When you have the talent of a Bosh/Amare/Dwight, you better have 2 of them on the court 95% of the time.

the guy who wants to play lebron at the SF is just a fan... in order to win games in international games is to have chemistry...not stars.. thats why USA loss to REAL teams ... If u want chemistry first you have to play together for a long spam... if you have lebron and kobe in the floor at the same time USA is done...they will not be any offensive flow. it would be, give the ball to Lebron or give the ball to kobe... a real team would b

Kidd/Billups

Kobe/Lebron

Melo/i forgot the other one

Amar/Bosch

Howard

USA still is always superior on the paper but not in the floor..

LEBRON AT PG WOULD CREATE MATCHUP PROBLEMS BUT YEA D12 WILL START AND MY LINEUP GOES LIKE THIS

STARTERS BENCH

PG KIDD PG BILLUPS

SG BRYANT SG REDD

SF JAMES SF ANTHONY BATTIER

PF BOSH PF AMARE DURANT

C HOWARD C CHANDLER

quote:
Originally posted by Daddy_Yankee:

the guy who wants to play lebron at the SF is just a fan... in order to win games in international games is to have chemistry...not stars.. thats why USA loss to REAL teams ... If u want chemistry first you have to play together for a long spam... if you have lebron and kobe in the floor at the same time USA is done...they will not be any offensive flow. it would be, give the ball to Lebron or give the ball to kobe... a real team would b

Kidd/Billups

Kobe/Lebron

Melo/i forgot the other one

Amar/Bosch

Howard

USA still is always superior on the paper but not in the floor..

Exactly if you want to win then coach K needs to grow a pair a start the 5 that give you the best chance to win, LEbron wont score 29 in a row in fiba because they wont let him parade in the paint every possesion.

I agree that Melo should start over Lebron, Carmelo is a much better player in International style games, which is based mostly on shooting from 15 to 22 feet from the rim. They clogg the lanes (No defensive 3 second rule), and force you to shoot jumpers. We haven't had enough shooters the last two Tournaments, and it's a big reason we lost.

To be honest Lebron has been near horrible in the two times he has played for Team USA. And he would also be more willing to come off the bench than Melo (All though he probably won't like it either). I think Coach K would like to start them both but with Kobe being on the team this year it's almost impossible, Kobe will not come off the bench. So I see the lineup being

D.Howard

A.Stoudemire

L.James

K.Bryant

J.Kidd

I would start Melo, and he would be out there at the end of the game for clutch shots as well. He and Kobe at the end of games would be near impossible to stop, especially with a PG like Kidd, or even Chauncey out there to run the show.

I would start Dwight Howard over Bosh mostly for defensive reasons, always good to start the game with some stops and Howard is better defensively, and on the boards.

I just want to point out two things. Work on the zone defense in both ends of the floor and also remember international games doesn't have much to do with the player matches.

If US do those two things they will be just fine. Your team seems to always forget about the zones 2-3, 3-2, 1-3-1 or 1 and box.