Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

Young Players who may Explode in 13-14

The players are currently playing meaningless games in their minds. They won't make the playoffs but they should see this as an opportunity to earn a roster spot next year. Thus far, all the players have regressed. The shooting percentages have plummeted to the abyss. I would not dare you to look at anyone's shooting percentage on this team with exception of Vucevic

After the playoffs, I won't be unable to predict what Hennigan will do with these players. He's just that good. I hope he actually gets rid of players that are blank silhouettes of created NBA 2k players such as E'Twuan Moore and Doron Lamb. These guys shouldn't even exist in the NBA. I believe Afflalo may be here next year but I'm not sure about Glen Davis. Not sure why everyone hates Affalo but he looks like a person that wants to win. We need one more player that's better than him to be a go to scorer because he's truly a swing man. Knowing that JJ got traded, the fate of Jameer Nelson will be unknown.

Getting rid of these players can give Vaughn no option but to play these young players to see whether they'll rise or fall when there is a call. I truly wish I could predict the future but right now, they're playing like ASS.

I'll wait till after summer and into a meaningful season to pass judgement. Improvement over the summer break in which you're less obligated to the team shows you want to win.

Knowing that JJ got traded, the fate of Jameer Nelson will be unknown.

I dont think anyone has issues with Afflalo it's just he really doesn't fit into the teams future plans. By the time this team is ready to compete again he will be past his prime. Not only that when he is on the court the ball normally plays through him. Same with Glenn Davis. The two together dominate the ball and tbh, I'd rather see Harkless and Harris taking there licks now and missing shots then them taking and making them if the end result is still a loss.

I dont think anyone has issues with Afflalo it's just he really doesn't fit into the teams future plans. By the time this team is ready to compete again he will be past his prime. Not only that when he is on the court the ball normally plays through him. Same with Glenn Davis. The two together dominate the ball and tbh, I'd rather see Harkless and Harris taking there licks now and missing shots then them taking and making them if the end result is still a loss.

I understand the criticism of Afflalo and Davis, but I don't entirely agree with it. This seems to happen so often, when players that should be nothing more than 3rd/4th options on good teams are forced to be the stars on bad teams. These guys are used to winning, and will do what they can to try to make that happen. Due to this, they realize they don't have really great opportunities to win without trying to do it themselves. They have to play outside their normal roles because they don't have much of anyone else to rely on. I feel like Arron and Glen would be great pieces to have on a championship caliber team because they would be able to go back to their true roles. I think Arron definitely has a better shot at staying with us long term with Glen though- I don't see how Glen fits on this team with the growth of our young bigs being a high priority.

I've felt the same with AA, don't see him fitting into this team's future plans. His flakey offense has been so irritating at times because the dude will take shots that Kobe wouldn't even take. AA's injury has been a good opportunity, not to say that I'm glad he's hurt, but it's an opportunity for Harkless and others to be more demanding of the ball and to take control of the team's offense.

People who hate aa don't realize Jacque asks him to shoot more as he's the only experienced wing scorer we have. He's best fit as a third or fourth option on a good team

• Upvote 2

People who hate aa don't realize Jacque asks him to shoot more as he's the only experienced wing scorer we have. He's best fit as a third or fourth option on a good team

Someone gets it. :bigparty:

If Tobias was a go to scorer we would be winning more games. Right now he's shown the ability to be an opportunistic scorer who occasionally forces things and has poor shooting nights when he's asked to play in ISO against good defenders. He could continue to improve though

Well I posted this at the right time...

• Upvote 1

12.7 PPG, 11.8 RPG and 1 BLKPG. While this kid has been terrific, he has potential to put better numbers. I'd like to see about 20PPG, 12.5 RPG and 2.5 BLKPG.

Me too but it's not going to happen.

I don't mind Glen Davis leaving but I admire Arron's effort and heart on court. He truly needs to be the robin to a batman. If Tobias, Harkless, and Arron are on the same team next year, the ball should be in Tobias or Harkless' hands. Arron Afflalo doesn't in fact make these players better since he's end up with the ball usually in a situation where he has to force a shot. I believe that Tobias can be a Batman.....but not now...not yet. Maybe...next year, Tobias can shoot through the roof. Harkless is a dark horse. I don't know what will happen next year with him.

Finally, I can write something positive about Doron Lamb. Its about time........he showed up to play; too bad he's still ass. He only played one great game out of the 30 or so games the Magic have played with him. This will raise his value but he's still unreliable game to game. However, I'm really rooting for him to pass Moore and assume his position on the team; because that ass of a player shouldn't even be in the NBA. His minutes per game are high but his shooting percentage is 39, with 1 of 5 in the game today which is in the 20th percentile. He doesn't want to win.

[Finally, I can write something positive about Doron Lamb. Its about time........he showed up to play; too bad he's still ass. He only played one great game out of the 30 or so games the Magic have played with him. This will raise his value but he's still unreliable game to game. However, I'm really rooting for him to pass Moore and assume his position on the team; because that ass of a player shouldn't even be in the NBA. His minutes per game are high but his shooting percentage is 39, with 1 of 5 in the game today which is in the 20th percentile. He doesn't want to win.

This is the critisim that was attached to his announcing entry into the draft! He is the poster child (Pearl Washington too) of staying in the D1 NCAA to prepare for the NBA!

He would have helped KU this season, and became a better prospect in a weaker (this years) Draft! ~O~ I think the kid will come around, but he needs to be on a team like the Spurs or Celtics that would allow him to improve before feeding him to the lions.

Vucevic is insanely underrated on magic forums. the kid is averaging 20/17 in april, as a scorer he has plenty of room to grow, as a rebounder he will probably top out around 12-13. defense is another story, getting stronger would atleast help him guarding the post

the guy had a 30/20 game with 5 assists, he had two 20/20 games vs the heat, and yet some people still downplay his upside :svgsad: