Sign in to follow this  
Miller4Prez64

Would you do the Darko/Ariza trade for VC if you knew Darko was going to walk?

I hadn't even thougt about that. We were so reluctant to pull off any trade at last year's deadline because we didn't want to part with our young nucleus. Now Darko is gone and we have nothing to show for it.

To make your head hurt even more. What if we could have packaged or traded Grant & Darko separately?

Then again, maybe Otis didn't pull the trigger on a trade purposely. Maybe he knew at the midpoint last year that he wanted to fire B Hill and didn't want to give him any weapons that would help him maintain his job.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

Then again, maybe Otis didn't pull the trigger on a trade purposely. Maybe he knew at the midpoint last year that he wanted to fire B Hill and didn't want to give him any weapons that would help him maintain his job.

That's an interesting P.o.V.

We would have absolutely killed him if he did that trade.

"Otis trades two young promising players for a 30 year old he could have had as a free agent."

Remember, no one would have known we were going to lose Darko or that Vince didn't really play the market.

You can't live your life looking through a rearview mirror.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

That's an interesting P.o.V.

I'm full of them. LOL

Smackdaddy,

Looking at your location: I DISCOVERED THAT YOU SUPPORT A COMMUNIST REGIME....Shame on you!!!

PSST.....COHIBA'S ARE MY FAVORITE CIGARS...However MONTECRISTO AND ROMEO Y JULIETA AREN'T BAD.....

vince is nothing but a stat stacker. When Jason kidd call you out on it, and when toronto see you quit on your team, and when you show no heart in the playoff....there is something wrong. He could easily be in the level of Lebron, Wade, T-mac, Kobe, K.G, tim duncan....but he has 0 heart especially in the 4th quarter. What does Vince do real good outside of dunker. He can score, but is average every where else. He cant play a lick of defense. He only pass during garbage time. Even though he got the ability to be unstopable by attacking the rim, but he rather hang around the three point line chucking. And when his team really need him that he becomes a ghost and we wonder what the hell is vince doing. Ask any rapter fan after vince got injured, or any Nets fan on how they feel about wince carter. Its funny people think vince when he firsted started in the league is still hear when vince fell off after bruce bowen took his heart. Im sorry but vince is not a leader. If anything i rather trade for vince and trade vince for T-mac back to the magic. Even though t-mac has a bad back, but at least he plays his heart out now and tries to win....hence why he got so emmotional after they lost to Utah.