Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

For all the blame everything on the coach people, here's my take.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

Are you out of your mind? I haven't heard a peep from the mods about improper use of PM privileges. Just because you didn't know what a PM was and didn't like me calling you an egg head when I addressed you is not my problem.

The heck with the nice guy stuff. Although I find some of your posts to be informative and well thought out, the majority of it is crap. Just like everything in Miami. Crap! You are now the first member of this forum to be added to my ignore list because you are such a raging retard.

So long egg head!

MmgicfaninMiami I bet is way smarter than some of the B.Hill apologists and shut up Believe! types who sound like they have down syndrome.

Speaking of Miami from having lived there I have to say at least the Heat TV coverage is less likely to show some fat kid chewing gum with his daddy clapping or cutting off all the hot cheerleaders after showing them for 1 second, like the Magic TV does.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Coaching in my opinion is over-rated. It's part of the equation but it's certainly not the end-all.

It's good you speak for yourself because that makes no sense. Especially at the NBA level.

Let's look at Dallas with Avery Johnson:

Turned underachievers like Jason Terry and J. Stackhouse into solid players who contribute team ball. Advantage twofold: Coach made them better team players and their individual value rises, which means Dallas will get more for them in a trade.

How about the whole team. A good offensive team that was known as one of the softest. Now Dallas is a team that's equally dangerous running as playing half court AND is no longer a pushover defensively.

This is the 2nd best team record wise in recent time and doing it without an unstoppable player like Jordan, Shaq, Wade, or Dwight.

And I'm not done yet..

quote:
Originally posted by jack daniel 999:

quote:
If the magic turn this around it will because the fans educated the organization and not the fans who "believed" but those who started sites like firebrianhill.org, who wrote to the organization and the media, who made the coaching decisions part of the the news coverage that inevitably led to pressure coming down.

So now ...All the fans that B***h are the leaders of this team...

Not in my eyes.

For some reason I've noticed nobody puts you in your place on these boards..

Now to answer you nicely, he does make a lot of sense, while you don't with that "fellow retards BELIEVE!" nonsense.

Magicmanmiami, don't stress. Leave it to ppl with narrow minds to "BELIEVE" in the team without the coach concept.

Just because someone played ball for some small college doesn't make them any more credible. Look at Jameer, Iverson and players who REALLY play in the NBA, they still don't know what it's like to win because they don't play team ball.

Jameer the other day said coach isn't at fault. Well gee, we know you're his favorite and he gets you plenty of playing time that you haven't earned with your crappy, selfish play. I hope the Magic trade his a$$ along with B.Hill.

Oh and I just heard someone say here "newbie" so wait a minute just because someone is a noob in the forums does that mean their opinions shouldnt be heard?

I'm the one who's gonna leave from these forums soon like Knappy just did. Not like too many are gonna miss me though.. hahaha

not sure so don't quote me on that but he said he was trying to leave because he just coudldn't take how Otis and management kept voicing their support for Brian Hill even through this terrible coaching.

I haven't seen him post lately. Some of the guys on these boards don't make you want to stay either as they seem to want their team to be a parennial loser it seems, trying to blame the players and not doing anything to change things.

By the way, I have to say you're the man for starting that firebrianhill.org. Well done, my respects bro.

Thanks! I agree with you. While the players need to step it up, the direction needs to be better. After banging your head against a wall, being forced to use the same predictable game plan over and over, I can see how they lost thier fire during the past couple weeks. Tom Sterner did Brian's job for him last night , and came up with something that worked well. It only took a monumental losing streak for Hill to agree to try something different.

Guys don't sweat it. Jack has been trying for weeks now to control everyone opinions and it hasn't worked. The Magic changed it up at the point and now seem to have semi-permanently committed to playing JJ. Both are what fans have been saying for months. Result? - won the last game.

Facts are facts. The BHill "believers" can't take the facts and are forced to float the ridiculous notion that a coach is not responsible to motivate a young team. I think the silliness of that argument speaks for itself and is in effect being anti to the team and pro for the coach.

The "I believe do you" ers don't create any pressure for accountability and therefore don't spur any change we've seen recently. Losing mentalities are contagious and we have been losing with the same basic losing mentality - Uphold the status quo and hope to have a different result.

Just providing a little unrequested insight on Jack Daniel 999...

He has stayed consistently positive since he showed up on these boards last summer. It is just who he is. It took most of us a while to get used to him and "figure him out." We nicknamed him "Blue" like the character from "Old School." He is just a real positive guy who genuinely likes the Magic. I have not seen his attitude change one bit since he started posting. I'm saying that this is a good thing. It is just him being himself.

He has find his niche on these boards by being the member who creates our game threads. I think he does a good job with it.

Take it for what it is worth.

quote:
He has stayed consistently positive since he showed up on these boards last summer.

Sorry but he justs isn't. He is not consistently positive about how other fans may feel who love the magic just as much as he does. He has had several posts where he has put down other fans approach and been negative about their concerns.

I also have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what his posting the game threads has to do with the debate in this thread (I was already quite aware of that) . Well....not true entirely. I do know - it has nothing - nada - to do with anything. although since mentioned I will say I appreciate it.

Quite honestly your post smacks of the "sorrority" thing i mentioned before and many have tried to directly appeal to already in this thread - a kind of "I'll jump in a defend my guy the long standing member" (some were honest enough to try and pin their arguments on me openly by calling me a "newbie")

There is considerable discussion among fans regarding the job Bhill is doing. Its a fan issue and an issue in the media. Until the Magic say otherwise no one should be rallying to have such topics dropped and yes your friend has - consistently - tried to silence discussions of Brian Hill not being the coach the magic need. I don't take that as positive at all even if you do.

More important to your argument most of the time I see no great objection to being negative on the players. Its almost always an objection to being negative on Bhill as this very thread confirms. Where is the superior example of positive attitude in that? Sorry that logic fails as miserably as many of the the rationals offered up in this thread. I do applaud your friendship characteristics though. Kudos.

However your prior relationship clouds judgement not provides insight and in either case is terribly subjectively one sided. If you feel it was important to this discussion to discuss general character exactly how were you intending to discuss my general character not knowing me? Terribly unbalanced approach. Either way it doesn't change anything I've written, any of the posts where your friend has been clearly negative toward other posters or his and many others attempt to put a negative label on many who believe the removal of BHill is a necessary step. Meanwhile they have no problem discussing trading or releasing Magic players. Perhaps you have a more unique definition of being positive. That would explain it.

Coach Hill is doing a good job considering what he's got to work with.And thats a real young team by nba standards with a core of Dwight,Darko,Trevor,Jameer and as of late JJ.Redick.Go through history and name a team that young that did something big in the nba.Most teams have a couple young players in their 8 man rotation,while the magic have 4,5 players.I have to add a few other things too.I don't beleive Jameer is the pg of the future because he's slow on deffense and is allways overmatched,plus his decision making is poor most times.This magic team needs to upgrade in the offseason if it wants to challenge for c'ships in the future.It needs a proven scorer like R.Allen,R.Lewis,V.Carter to releive double teams on Dwight and Darko.It should also add another veteran big just in case Battie breaks down again.This isn't ncaa basketball and you can' get away by just having young talent,you need to add proven vets that know how to get the job done once the youngsters finally grow up.Even if the magic don't make the playoffs they should keep their heads up and keep striving to become better.

Is this a repeat? Didn't someone just last week show comparisons in ages that showed top flight teams being as young or younger that did very well? Considering it took 66 games to make small effective changes does not idicate he is doing a good job coaching..on the contrary