Sign in to follow this  
christophergentry110401

Smith, Nelson's agent to talk Brian Schmitz

Heres probaly a dumb question, but can NBA salaries include incentive based bonuses? If Otis and Jameer and everyone are so confident in his game, let him prove it.. Sign him at 4 per, thats what hes worth and backload the contract with some stipulations....

is that possible?

I think 4 per is way fair considering whats out there , what they have gotten, and what we are gettin from it. If their is a possiblity of incentives, I say let him prove his worth on top of his contract, if there isn't consider this post nixed. I know in the other professional leagues you can do this, just not sure of the NBA.

If Jameer plays like he did at the end of '05-'06 season and beginning of '06-'07 season, how much would you say he's worth?

edit: Man, I wasted my turning "All-Star" on a Jameer question, lol. I was going to plan something special for that post count. Oh well.

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

If Jameer plays like he did at the end of '05-'06 season and beginning of '06-'07 season, how much would you say he's worth?

edit: Man, I wasted my turning "All-Star" on a Jameer question, lol. I was going to plan something special for that post count. Oh well.

congrats to our newest allstar!

We need to sign Jameer now, while the effects of BHill's coaching still hurt Jameer's value. If we give Jameer one year under SVG, he'll turn into a $9-10 million point guard.

quote:
Originally posted by D-BoFats:

We need to sign Jameer now, while the effects of BHill's coaching still hurt Jameer's value. If we give Jameer one year under SVG, he'll turn into a $9-10 million point guard.

If he ends up playing that well, then he isn't he worth paying?

Good problem to have the way I see it.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

This is ridiculous. I'm a Jameer Nelson fan, but still I don't think he's worth anymore than 3-4 million starting pay coming out of his rookie contract.

He had a poor season which shouldn't stand as proof that we need to extend him. If anything, it should provide proof that we need to wait and see if Jameer actually fits in with what we're doing.

I don't like what Otis is doing AT ALL. He is basically saying, "Here is my plan. We're not going to waver from what I believe will be a contending squad for years to come. To prove just how strongly I feel about my own ability to build a contender (even without a shred of evidence) i am going to commit this team to 250 million dollars worth of salaries to three players."

Who are we, the Yankees????

I'd be alright with paying like the Yankees do.

I'd like to see Jameer come in at $5 million per year, but Otis may be thinking more.

I would have liked seeing Rahard come in at around $75 to $80 million for 5 years, but that didn't happen either.

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

quote:
If we lock in Jameer for between $5 m and $7 m a season I think that would be pretty good.

BHill killed him last year. I'd like us to sign him for $6m a season - Otis said somewhere between $24m for 4 seasons and $41m for 5 seasons - that is $6m to $8m.

I would

That is way to much for a guy who hasnt proved nothing yet.

I agree with Smack, I think he has potential but still you cant always hand out contracts based on potential, you hand some out based on performance and because of his performance I think he is worth about 2-4 million he definetly has earned luke Ridnour or Kirk Hinirch kinds of dollars

I don't know if you compare him to Dooling and Arroyo - they are both getting $4m.

The salaries are out of control. And, the fans have to pay an awful lot to go to games.

It salary trend doesn't look like it will reverse until the Fans stop showing up and we keep going.

Also, taking less money - Darko and DeShawn may get players to rething their demands also.

quote:
Originally posted by D-BoFats:

He could have a major breakout year with SVG - $9 or $10 m - maybe not, but I think we are better off signing him now.

I thought we were better off signing Darko before last season and we didn't.

I think we ought to lock in Ariza longer term if we can - I don't know his contract status - A little help here - how long is Ariza's contract.

He is another I think should be locked in.

JJ - I would let him play a year to see what we have and he is only in the 2nd year of his rookie contract.

Originally posted by Knappy

He could have a major breakout year with SVG - $9 or $10 m - maybe not, but I think we are better off signing him now

I agree with you my friend, but I don't know what is the amount of money Jameer wants. I believe that he can get a contract for 4 years 16m.