Sign in to follow this  
el fede

Will Magic make the playoffs this year?

quote:
Originally posted by D-BoFats:

Miami and Washington aren't even close to being "locks". I'd actually be surprised if Miami made the playoffs. I don't think Toronto will do that great next year either.

1. Chicago

2. Orlando

3. Cleveland

4. Detroit

5. Toronto

6. Washington

7. New Jersey

8. New York

New York, Boston, Milwaukee and Charlotte will fight for the 8th spot.

Alright guys, lets not start with the offseason predictions for next year. I'll wait until I watch our boys play for 20 to 25 games next year before I'll consider how powerful we are in the East. There are just too many intangibles to even consider talking about who's hot and who's not. The freaking Hawks could shock us all next year and win 45 games. You just never know. That's why they play the games.

I know for a fact that we can beat the following teams:

Cleveland(if they got to the finals any other team can)

Miami(4-0 this season)

Washington

Chicago(that would be a good match up)

So Im sure we are gonna make the playoffs.

quote:
Originally posted by Stone_Temple_Kiwi:

i don't know how or what you base saying svg is a better coach than riley

Back when we were debating our future coach, I was reading the Miami Heat board. A lot of the fans felt SVG got screwed over by Riley. They had nothing but praise for their old coach -- which is extremely rare these days. A lot of them even said SVG was a better X's & O's guy than Riley.

I think the majority of Heat fans would agree that SVG is better in that regard than Riley.

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

Another thing that pisses me off, is people saying Dwight has no offensive capbilties, when it is impossible for anyone player to guard him one on one, the great defenders all tried and all got schooled, he struggled with the quadruple teams and the fact that his coach didnt get him no space. He is a very formidable scorer, and he has improved each year so this year with probally an improved short range shot, and better spacing on the court Dwight Howard will dominate

Also teams wont be able to just toss the entire team at him or they will pay because Turk will kill um, Lewis will kill them, and JJ will kill them, hell Ariza gets the ball with no defenders on him, he is going to make a poster

Dwight will NEVER be a complete player until he develops a 10 to 15 ft jumper. He's young and hopefully Ewing will help him develop that little pet shot to keep defenses honest. If he can develop that, then he will be a 28-13 EVERY night.

If we can get a dependable PF that can play D and hit the lil' 10-14 footer when his man leaves to double Dwight, then we'll be a playoff LOCK.

quote:
Originally posted by D-BoFats:

quote:
Originally posted by Stone_Temple_Kiwi:

i don't know how or what you base saying svg is a better coach than riley

Back when we were debating our future coach, I was reading the Miami Heat board. A lot of the fans felt SVG got screwed over by Riley. They had nothing but praise for their old coach -- which is extremely rare these days. A lot of them even said SVG was a better X's & O's guy than Riley.

I think the majority of Heat fans would agree that SVG is better in that regard than Riley.

What if we're winning and they decide to switch sides ...

do we welcome them with open arms ...UMMMMMM

[sarcasm]The Magic aren't going to make the playoffs, we overpaid Rashard Lewis and lost Darko, thanks to Otis we are teh suk now!!!1!1!!!11!OnE!!![/sarcasm]

But seriously, I think baring injury we will be in the playoffs, but we have some competition for sure, but I just can't see us taking a step back unless it's from injuries.

The only way we can make the playoffs is improving our defense a get a reliable Vet to cover the Pf or Center position, rigth now we have some many hole in our roster and some many players that there are a defense liabilities.

I feel bad for SVG. Give him last year's squad and I think we're at least #6 or better.

Give him this unbalanced mess and I'm not sure even he can get us into the playoffs.

How is losing Darko, a guy who didn't even start most of our games last year make us unbalanced all of a sudden. While we pick up a scorer to replace Grant Hill, who was anything but a scorer in his days here. Everyone is running around like the world is going to end, it's not that bad, stop crying.

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

How is losing Darko, a guy who didn't even start most of our games last year make us unbalanced all of a sudden. While we pick up a scorer to replace Grant Hill, who was anything but a scorer in his days here. Everyone is running around like the world is going to end, it's not that bad, stop crying.

absolutely...we will be MUCH improved this year, likely a top 5 seed, and who knows how we'll do in the playoffs...

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

We were somewhat thin in the front to begin with last year. It was one of our weaknesses, when Battie was injured we had to give big minutes to ***Gulp*** Garrity.

Now we've taken our second best big man and let him go without compensation. We drafted essentially nothing. We have another player who plays the 3 to add to at least two others who play that same position. Our only PF with any NBA experience is Battie, who is even older than he was last year. We have no back-ups; let me repeat that; no back-ups at Center or PF with any NBA experience at all (ok I think Augustine might have played in one game) unless you consider ***Gulp*** Garrity.

And we still have four PG's.

This is officially an unbalanced mess right now.