Otis is no evil genius, merely an average GM

quote:
Originally posted by LetsGoMagic:

quote:
Originally posted by CRAZY SERB:

quote:

quote:
agree that he's NOT worth $10mill but i do think that we could have signed him for $7-8mill and this is the money i'd give him.

What makes you think the Magic didnt try?? It was all over the papers! Cornstein wouldnt budge. If you want to blame someone blame your boy Darko for letting his agent control him.

every agent will try to get as much money as he can. but the best offer darko can sign is the best offer he receive and i'm sure that NOBODY would give him $10mill.

and now becuase he was greedy and Darko didnt step up and say something hes going to get a worse deal then the Magic would have reportedly given him.

Now hes going to take a 5.5 MLE where he could have made a starting bid of close to 7 mil.

Unless of course Memphis steps up to bad and pays him.

but i don't care how much money darko will get, his private life is not my business. my point is that if we have waited some days, darko and his manager would realize that they won't sign a $10mill deal and they'd accept orlando's offer.

but how to sign him when we also want to sign a max deal?

well, since this thread is about otis:

1)resigning battie for $5mill/4yr

2)signing bogans

and maybe even

3)not trading hedo for an expiring at trade deadline

and of course:

4)not overpaying a top25 player (that much)

So Darko (and his agent) is gready young ba@stard and R. Lewis and his agent with huge money request are just fine, right? It is more then double standard.

quote:
but i don't care how much money darko will get, his private life is not my business. my point is that if we have waited some days, darko and his manager would realize that they won't sign a $10mill deal and they'd accept orlando's offer.

2)signing bogans

and maybe even

and of course:

1 and 2) it doesnt matter how much they signed Battie and Bogans because the Magic had a deal to free up room to sign darko. Otis chose not to over pay Darko.

3) same thing. Otis has said he likes Hedo he plans on keeping him on this roster. But reguardless. He DIDNT WANT TO OVERPAY DARKO

4) In Otis eyes he obviously thinks Lewis is a top 25 player in the NBA. And the guy has just entered his prime years.

quote:
Originally posted by ParaMagic:

So Darko (and his agent) is gready young ba@stard and R. Lewis and his agent with huge money request are just fine, right? It is more then double standard.

This a difference.

Darko hasnt done anything to warrant a 10 mill contract.

Lewis has shown he can score enough to warrant at least close to a max deal. Everyone knew he was getting a max deal to what ever team he going to before the FA period started. I dont understand why everyone is shocked!!

quote:

quote:

2)signing bogans

and maybe even

and of course:

1 and 2) it doesnt matter how much they signed Battie and Bogans because the Magic had a deal to free up room to sign darko. Otis chose not to over pay Darko.

3) same thing. Otis has said he likes Hedo he plans on keeping him on this roster. But reguardless. He DIDNT WANT TO OVERPAY DARKO

4) In Otis eyes he obviously thinks Lewis is a top 25 player in the NBA. And the guy has just entered his prime years.

but with the capspace i mentioned we could just wait and let darko receive some offers and match them if we wanted to. nobody would offer him and nobody will offer him $10mill, that means that we could easily sign him for $6-8mill.

but doesn't matter, with lewis i don't think darko would fit in here anymore. and i also don't think that rashard is the player who will help dwight and ariza to improve.

quote:

Everyone knew he was getting a max deal to what ever team he going to before the FA period started. I dont understand why everyone is shocked!!

That is so untrue. Who else is that stupid to overpay him that much? Remember even when they mentioned for the first time he is getting $75 mil it was also a lot of discussion if he is over paid or not. Now we are talking about almost %40 more then that. He is good but not an elite player. Everybody knows that except biased Magic fans. Let

quote:
Originally posted by iamthe1_2007:

Its Funny that Darko is not worth 10 mil, but Rashard is worth 125 mil......LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL....

He got 110 man, not 125.

quote:
Originally posted by ParaMagic:

quote:

Everyone knew he was getting a max deal to what ever team he going to before the FA period started. I dont understand why everyone is shocked!!

That is so untrue. Who else is that stupid to overpay him that much? Remember even when they mentioned for the first time he is getting $75 mil it was also a lot of discussion if he is over paid or not. Now we are talking about almost %40 more then that. He is good but not an elite player. Everybody knows that except biased Magic fans. Let

quote:
Originally posted by iamthe1_2007:

Its Funny that Darko is not worth 10 mil, but Rashard is worth 125 mil......LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL....

LOL LOL LOL You don't have a brain. Darko's agent wanted 50 million over 5 years 10 mil PER SEASON. Sure we overpaid Lewis, but anyone would much rather pay Rashard 110 mil over 6 seasons than Darko 50 mil over 5 seasons.

ok so i just wanted to know, since when is Darko worth 10 mill. Its funny that every year, there is always a big man who always get so hyped up and flopped. Look at Kwame, Olokanadi,Cato, shawn bradley. **** Big mans in todays game usually never live up to their potential.. Darko who everybody calls lazy, no heart and plays like he have no passions.....**** sounds like kwame brown. He is all potential, and really over paying over potential especially potential that never reach his prime is the worst thing to do. Ask the Blazer how they feel about Darius Miles...or how bout ask the lakers on how is it to trade proven talent(caron Butler) to potential(kwame doo doo brown). Its funny that this board is the only board that actually thinks that darko is special. **** this is the same board who thinks a quitter, choker with no heart named Vince Carter would fit on this team. Now i agree Lewis is really over paid, but we can all imagine how bad Otis will get *****ed at by these same board members if we rather keep a guy who hasnt even prove himself instead of signing a free agent. But then again I felt that i rather get Gerald wallace before every player and i feel i rather over pay him than lewis....but that wont change the fact we still would lose darko since agent feels that he is worth 10 mill and not 7. It aint otis fault that they didnt accept 7 mill. It aint otis fault that dark has a ****ty agent.