Sign in to follow this  
star_phenom35

I see you Darko

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

quote:
Originally posted by star_phenom35:

I guess Hill figures that he may need to refine his shot that he once possesed before using it in game situations. Someone here said that it makes no sense having 2 guys that use strictly power moves down low, which is true but look at it like this. Darko doesnt have the Tank built body that howard has so therefore he cant be as powerful right? so i think he's trying to make darko more of a versatile player by making him play down low as well and then later play high post with Howard down low... You see? kinda like Jermaine Oneal.. He has the shot and the low post moves to go with it, Nearly unstoppable

Maybe so but I think that Darko's confidence to shoot from mid range has been obliterated by Brian Hill. We won more when he was shooting those than when he was in the post.

Darko never shoots midrange shots. He either takes the short hook or shoots 20 footers. I've never seen him bring the ball up high and fire a 12 footer of a defender.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

Darko has been improving, yet you can definitely see the flaws in his game. I like how he's dunking much more now as opposed to just laying it in like before. He has to shoot more though. Imagine what B. Hill might have turned Dirk into? He might have put him in the post full time! Darko has that kind of capability, but he's being misguided by you know who.

flaws, yes.. unfortunately. i'm sure they will get smoothed out gradually though

I defenatley think Darko should be shooting more outside shots. For his size he can still pump fake from 15 and drive the lane. He had a sweet shot when he got here and to think in the first 17 games of the season he was using it alot too!

quote:
Originally posted by MilitaryMagic:

Darko never shoots midrange shots............

Thats not true buddy. How long have you been watching this season? Darko shot that midrange shot most of the time during our 29-10 action time.

Last year he would take the jumper all the time. This year the shot looks flat and he looks timid out there. I can almost see him questioning himself whether he should take it or not.

quote:
Originally posted by cappa:

I like Darko alot but come on the tolerance you have given him is not fair to the others. Hedo had been carrying the team for some time now but still wanting him to go. Thats just not fair, Darko has been in decreasing form again but yes, he should continue on starting position. But the tolerance he is getting should be given to the others too.

I have to agree with you..I have been checking some stats and for the month of March:

Darko: 30.2MPG .33FG% 6.2REB 1.2APG 0.3SPG and 7.8 PPG while

Hedo: 29.0MPG .569FG% 5.3REB 3.5APG 1.2SPG and 16.8PPG

I don't get some of our fans, although Hedo has been playing very well lately, many of us do not appreciate him as we do for our other players.