Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Yi anyone?

quote:
Originally posted by FENDI:

quote:
He's already stringing up a perception of self worth and I don't like that. But I'd believe that his agents are the ones hurting this guys respect. I'd have no doubt that he'd be happy to play anywhere, but those around think otherwise.

Its not him, its the Chinese government. And really, Yi can play, so I don't see any reason why the Chinese government should prevent this. Obviously, the Chinese government would like to see more people support Yi.

For the clarification I thank you and regardless I think it will have an effect on how he's perceived in the league. Knowing that you have to go through everyone else before you get to him will hurt him. I feel sorry for the guy and shouldn't have made the initial comment I did in regard to him developing the perception, cause i've seen interviews where he talks about it as his dream and its always been his goal and like Bogut its not an easy path from over this way.

The guy can play, I went through everything I could cause I was highly intrigued by this guys play. For his size, he moves and plays like a 3 with effect. I kept thinking Nowitzki, worst case Diaw with everything I watched. Wonder how hard this will effect him in time.

quote:
Knowing that you have to go through everyone else before you get to him will hurt him. I feel sorry for the guy and shouldn't have made the initial comment I did in regard to him developing the perception, cause i've seen interviews where he talks about it as his dream and its always been his goal and like Bogut its not an easy path from over this way.

True, he might be another talent itching to play for the right place.

But, hey, we can't blame the Chinese government. I think with what happened with Wang ZhiZhi, I think they are extra cautious on the surroundings of where their player will play.

quote:
But, hey, we can't blame the Chinese government. I think with what happened with Wang ZhiZhi, I think they are extra cautious on the surroundings of where their player will play.

I'm not informed on ZhiZhi, but for me Jianlian is a heck of a talent and can pave his own way, but I see the intentions of the government.

For international players its tough to make this league, even for the Ginobli's etc so I can understand there reason for concern. A guy I talk about often in Jasikevicius, take a look at that resume but he can't break a spot. Please. I understand the concern but I believe any player can paint his path trough his play. I know they are looking for the best place to give him that opportunity

quote:

Well, Wang ZhiZhi, at that time was still the best player from China, he didn't report back to China for his inclusion to their National Team, but instead, stayed in the US and played for the Clips or Heat's Summer League team. There were speculations that China had an underground deal with the NBA that Wang will never get to play a lot of minutes, thus the conclusion of his NBA career. I believe this speculation is true. Wang is a great player, I've seen him play for the Chinese team ever since 1998.

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

If our S&T goes through with Seattle this may work.

Since Mo Williams is considering signing with Miami, they will now have enough money to sign a big time FA without his caphold.

If the issue with Yi doesn't workout, why not S&T Darko to Mil for Yi? Since they're under the cap, they don't have to match the salary and we get back a trade exception to use. We can sweeten the deal as needed.

Jameer

JJ

Lewis

Yi

Dwight

The sixth pick in this year's draft for Darko? Milwaukee would hang up the phone before the sentence was finished. They can get much more talent IF they decide to ship him.

Yi hasn't impressed me at all. Yeah he had 17 points in a quarter but he being guarded by a slowwww undrafted scrub who will never play in the NBA. When he played in the WC last year i didn't think he would get drafted in the lottery. Yi is all hype.

Orlando has a great Asian population, ever been to UCF? J/K. I think Orlando would be considered a great landing spot for any foreign player. It is the tourist capital of the world which means great exposure.

Watching Yi in the summer league, I think he has silenced all the critics. While his play has not been great he has shown he has all the skills.

He is definately not a 2 gaurd, he is a solid 3. After watching him play, I bet all NBA teams have put a call into Milwaukee. I don't understand why the Hawks did not take him. The kid can play and he's got an enormous financial upside.

The Bucks won't get rid of him, but it's nice to think about it.

I have been mentioning Yi to friends too.

Problem is that we just spent all of our cap on Rashard so we can't sign Darko at all.

I am starting to worry that Otis is screwing up if we don't see some trades ASAP.

quote:
Originally posted by D-BoFats:

Otis definitely has a lot of options to work with. I wouldn't get worried.

Agree. i hope the best in this. This summer is a nightmare...