Sign in to follow this  
Greg Kite for Three!

Darko is really gone (Denton)

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

quote:
Originally posted by TheJambo:

Otis had to threaten and say we are going to do this, so Seattle knows he is serious and they will get nothing!!!!

If Otis keeps saying we are keeping Darko and then Seattle knows we cannot sign Lewis straight out without the trade.

Otis had to change his tune and he even stated we will sign a big free agent tomorrow, and move on.

What clearer message could he send to Seattle than this.........

i hope your right, but i think that seattle is going to call otis' bluff. they are still under the cap letting lewis go, and thats whats important to them, a rebuilding club.

They will actually only be $900,000 under the cap. If they take our expirings, they'll be up to $11M under the cap PLUS their own expirings.

quote:
Originally posted by BRich:

Yep - I don't see it as posturing either. It seems like its blind optimism to keep suggesting it is. I hope they prove me wrong - but what we need to do is prepare for life without Darko...and if he ends up in the picture for some reason, great. But we need to look @ other options/possibilities.

Agree, they've been talking for days. If Otis needs to communicate through the media at the eleventh hour, something's wrong.

This is from Hoopsworld but references Otis comments to Denton...

Otis Smith spoke at length with the media this afternoon about where the team is headed tomorrow, when free agency opens in the NBA.

Otis was very specific about where his feelings are on a lot of subjects and that getting certain things done in a certain order is the task for the week.

1st

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

quote:
Originally posted by TheJambo:

Otis had to threaten and say we are going to do this, so Seattle knows he is serious and they will get nothing!!!!

If Otis keeps saying we are keeping Darko and then Seattle knows we cannot sign Lewis straight out without the trade.

Otis had to change his tune and he even stated we will sign a big free agent tomorrow, and move on.

What clearer message could he send to Seattle than this.........

i hope your right, but i think that seattle is going to call otis' bluff. they are still under the cap letting lewis go, and thats whats important to them, a rebuilding club.

They will actually only be $900,000 under the cap. If they take our expirings, they'll be up to $11M under the cap PLUS their own expirings.

if thats the case, then they would be going over the cap this year to attain our expiring contracts? why would they do that?

quote:
Originally posted by Catman:

If this is true, expect to see a lot of Ariza at PF, and the Magic playing small ball.

Especially if it's true that we have to renounce Fran and Mario in addition to Darko.

We would all prefer that the Magic resign Darko, but if he leaves there are still other viable options.

The s&t with Seattle will free up cap space for the Magic to pursue another free agent.

If we sign Rashard outright, we still have players & expiring contracts that can be dealt afterward to solidify the roster.

One way or another, the Magic still have plenty of options available.

The article is on Denton's blog on Florida Today. As a Magic fan you should get in the habit of checking that a few times a day. They normally don't update the Florida Today sports page until the next morning. As a Magic fan I want to believe Darko will eventually turn into a quality NBA big man. He gives us little flashes of brilliance followed by stretches of Joe Wolf like production. Will the real Darko please stand up! Now that it appears we will lose him for sure, I'm comforted by the fact it looks like NO team values Darko more than a MLE guy. The nicest thing about Darko was the feeling we got something worthy out of the Tracy trade. Now we have to hope Ariza turns into a decent player or we will have effectively given up Tracy for nothing.

quote:
Originally posted by EnFuego:

quote:
Originally posted by Tough Break There:

Worst news since Shaq left...Otis has failed...Leaving Twardzik to do anything is a mistake, and I can't believe he's still even a Rep of our team.

Trading t-mac still ranks second in my book.

When the Magic traded the most electrifying player the NBA had seen in Penny Hardaway LilPenny and his friends were devastated and prepared to not watch any more Magic basketball.

Warmed up to Howard and this team since and finally thinking our team could start to appreaoch the greatness of the 90's again.. and then this happens. Not fair man! Otis you're a fool's nerd. Get out!