Sign in to follow this  
Greg Kite for Three!

Darko is really gone (Denton)

You know what really hurts though? We lost out on a good first round pick this year. Darko PLUS a first round pick for Arroyo is a pretty bad trade. Yep, inept personnel once again take a toll. I like the name some guy here has "New Management Please". Great name.

Otis had to threaten and say we are going to do this, so Seattle knows he is serious and they will get nothing!!!!

If Otis keeps saying we are keeping Darko and then Seattle knows we cannot sign Lewis straight out without the trade.

Otis had to change his tune and he even stated we will sign a big free agent tomorrow, and move on.

What clearer message could he send to Seattle than this.........

quote:
Originally posted by TheJambo:

This could just be more posturing by Otis to force Seattle into the sign and trade that Otis wants to happen. For all we know the Magic, might have told Cornstien that they had to release this message to the media to force Sonics to deal there deal.

Otis hopefully is trying to force Seattle to get something for Lewis instead of letting him walk for nothing. If you think you are upset about losing Darko for nothing, what kind of roasting do you think the Seattle management will get for latting Rashard get away with nothing to show for it.

Arroyo, Dooling and Garrity, with cash and a 1st and 2 seconds will look a lot better than nothing for the fans of Seattle. They can explain they will have cap space next year to chase good free agent along with future picks to build the team.

Otis is playing Hardball, or in Poker terms he is going ALL IN, and forcing the Sonics to call his bluff(make the trade) or fold and walk away as losers and get nothing, after being pot commited.

I hope we win this hand Otis!!!!!

I see Seattle passing on Garrity as part of the trade, but the rest of it makes sense to them to accept. I love how the Sentinel is being slighted by Otis - funny - the guys at the Sentinel are pitiful and they are being out scooped by Denton.

So, another issue that I think might exist here is that Otis would probably like a commitment from Cornstein that Darko will sign if the S&T is pulled off with Seattle.

I guess the S&T with Seattle with what we are offering is ok whether we get Darko back or not. We would have money to go after someone else with the S&T.

I would like to see Darko back.

I See A FIREOTISSMITH.com in the very near future if this is true with rashards contract and him letting Darko walk....Mr. Otis if this is true your not qualified enough to run a Popeye's chicken, let alone an NBA FRANCHISE.

quote:
Originally posted by TheJambo:

Otis had to threaten and say we are going to do this, so Seattle knows he is serious and they will get nothing!!!!

If Otis keeps saying we are keeping Darko and then Seattle knows we cannot sign Lewis straight out without the trade.

Otis had to change his tune and he even stated we will sign a big free agent tomorrow, and move on.

What clearer message could he send to Seattle than this.........

i hope your right, but i think that seattle is going to call otis' bluff. they are still under the cap letting lewis go, and thats whats important to them, a rebuilding club.

So, I hate to be a doubter, but where is the link to this article, since I don't see this on google news, florida today or anywhere else? Dude, don't make stuff up on this board, its not funny, especially this news.

I really do not see this as posturing either. It seems to me that the sign and trade has fallen through and he has nowhere else to turn. I am sure Darko's agent has convinced him to sign a one or two year deal for mid-level money and then he can cash in on the market. Who really knows.

quote:
Originally posted by rising above:

So, I hate to be a doubter, but where is the link to this article, since I don't see this on google news, florida today or anywhere else? Dude, don't make stuff up on this board, its not funny, especially this news.

this is exactly what happened with the donovan situation, it came up here in the boards the exact same way and people didnt believe bc it wasnt in the news, then the rest was history.

Yep - I don't see it as posturing either. It seems like its blind optimism to keep suggesting it is. I hope they prove me wrong - but what we need to do is prepare for life without Darko...and if he ends up in the picture for some reason, great. But we need to look @ other options/possibilities.