Sign in to follow this  
FRED

Any 10-Day Contract suggestions at SG?

I second that motion smack!!! Lol! Now if he wanted to suggest a 10 day d leauger for pg I may think about that one, but one for the best 3 pointer shooter in ACC history???? Who would be that in the D league? He must have one of his college guys down there that he is promoting.

quote:
Originally posted by longdfan:

I second that motion smack!!! Lol! Now if he wanted to suggest a 10 day d leauger for pg I may think about that one, but one for the best 3 pointer shooter in ACC history???? Who would be that in the D league? He must have one of his college guys down there that he is promoting.

I haven't suggested that JJ should be sent to the D-League in anyone of my posts. On the contrary. All I was hinting at is that I've read in the posts that we need a shooter/scorer to bring spacing into the mix, so we can have Dwight dominate in the inside.

I'm not promoting any D-leaguer perse, or any player in particular, I was just wondering if there were any solid suggestions to help us with this area of the game. The truth is, we don't have that solid, go-to-guy, sharp-shooter that can be depended on to score. I believe JJ can become that man, but be it as it is, it doesn't matter if it's B Hill's call, or management's call, JJ isn't getting the PT he should get or deserves in my opinion.

There you go again assuming I'm promoting some college friend...if I had a college friend playing at D-League level at this stage of his career, regarding my age (I was born in 78), I don't think he'd be a strong enough player to ever have been in the NBA.

And why on earth would you "think" about a PG if it would've been the subject of this topic rather than a SG? Yeah, let's maybe "think" about signing another PG for 10 days, it's not like we don't have enough of them on the team don't you think? That was even more questionable than comparing it to bringing in a D-Leaguer for "the best 3 pointer shooter in ACC history".

It seems as if when ever someone tries to suggest something new to try and get help or better the team, there are always those who criticize

no matter what. I tell you what...all of you who have argued against this topic, bring something new to the table, suggest something to help our team out.

Anybody know the direct line to Stacey Augmon's agent?

Maybe Pippen could be our guy.

Man, I'm still pissed we didn't sign Webber (I'm serious on this one).

I am curious on your post Fred. I never did see where anyone used the word scrub but you! A fruedian slip perhaps. I think u opened urself up to criticism when u suggested a D leaguer over JJ. I agree with the fan who said that Augustine tore up the D league. What did it get him? Why was he called back so soon to dress in a suit? Suggestions, plenty of them. Fire B hill. Start the young guys and watch the excitement and winning spirit that we pay to see. BTW with the ten day contract who would u suggest they put on the suit bench?

quote:
Originally posted by magicbeliever:

I am curious on your post Fred. I never did see where anyone used the word scrub but you! A fruedian slip perhaps. I think u opened urself up to criticism when u suggested a D leaguer over JJ. I agree with the fan who said that Augustine tore up the D league. What did it get him? Why was he called back so soon to dress in a suit? Suggestions, plenty of them. Fire B hill. Start the young guys and watch the excitement and winning spirit that we pay to see. BTW with the ten day contract who would u suggest they put on the suit bench?

Craig01 posted this on the 3rd post of this topic:

"An NBDL 2g that can score and get 4-6 assists p/game?

He'd be starting in the NBA already. Our starting PG avg's only 4.

A 10 ten day contract gets you a scrub, plus, even if the Magic were able to find one capable of such, B Hill would never play him."

I was answering the remarks posted by Craig01 regarding getting a scrub in a 10-Day contract player. So, magicbeliever, no Freudian Slip here.

Once again, misinterpretations. I believe in JJ, I want him to play, I want him to get more PT, but since he is not being played, we NEED a shooter, a scorer, it was just a suggestion fellow poster. I do agree with you though, that we should play our young players, and bring the excitement back!

There's Clay Tucker from the rimrockers who broke the D-league scoring record the other night with 51 points along with 10 dimes... He's pretty good but he's a PG. Scooter McFadgon is also there from the JAM, Van Wafer from the 14ers