Sign in to follow this  
Ellzolo

NBA Offseason 2013 Thread

Tracy McGrady retired today

One of my favorite Magic of all time! I wish he would won a ring! I wish Tracy the best of luck in his retirement!

What was it? 13 points in the last 35 seconds to win the game by one point...Im not sure we will ever see something like that again.

Tracy McGrady retired today

One of my favorite Magic of all time! I wish he would won a ring! I wish Tracy the best of luck in his retirement!

I wish he would have won a playoff series.

Not sure how you could play in two NBA Finals games without having ever won a playoff series.

Sorry I wasn't clear, I meant as a member of the Magic. He did have some amazing moments though.

Suns traded Caron Butler to Milwaukee for Ish Smith and Slava Kravstov, they are definitely a top tanking contender.

I dont think theres much of a chance that we're worse than Phoenix or Philly this year. Just gotta hope those ping pong balls roll our way. Even if they don't, this draft is so stacked that I don't think it will matter that much (though as an FSU fan, it would suck to be so close and miss out on Andrew Wiggins twice lol).

• Upvote 1

I dont think theres much of a chance that we're worse than Phoenix or Philly this year. Just gotta hope those ping pong balls roll our way. Even if they don't, this draft is so stacked that I don't think it will matter that much (though as an FSU fan, it would suck to be so close and miss out on Andrew Wiggins twice lol).

Am I to understand it doesn't always suck to be an FSU fan?

• Upvote 2

Correct

Vegas has us at the bottom

Philadelphia 76ers

Phoenix Suns

Charlotte Bobcats

Orlando Magic

I know we like to think we are further along than we are but Vegas pegs us DEAD LAST. 501/1 odds to win it all. However if you want to take a chance VO5 is odds on favorite for ROY. Once again thanks Otis...yes I still consider all of this his fault.

Honestly I think the common misconception by our fans is that Glen Davis, Jameer Nelson and Aaron Afflalo are good enough to win us 20+ games when healthy and combined with our young guys.

I honestly can't name a single team in the NBA that would take Glen Davis to be their starting PF, he's a chucker who plays average defense. His hustle is great but honestly I get the feeling that he's all talk when it comes to leadership. On top of that he's coming off surgery.

Same thing can be said about Jameer, I don't know a single team that would take Jameer to be their starting PG at this stage in his career. He is a good player when he's hot but last season he shot below 40% from the field on 14 attempts per game. That inefficiency hurts the team and in the 50-60 games Jameer will be healthy enough to play in this year he will be hurting the team with his shooting as much as he is helping with his experience etc.

Afflalo is a little different because honestly I think there are a few teams who would take AA as starting SG. The thing about him is he's a 4th option (3rd at a push) on a playoff team.

On top of all that on average Baby plays about 60 games a year, Afflalo plays about 70 and Jameer plays about 65 (I expect he'll play fewer than 60 this year honestly).

That equates to a minimum of 20 or so games where one or more of them won't even be playing.

People who think this team will win 30 games are, in my opinion, over valuing both the improvement of our young players and the addition of Oladipo.

• Upvote 1

Man, I wish we were allowed to give out negative rep again haha

Start of football season got the better of me.

moving on. I don't think it is about Baby, Jameer and Aaron. It is about Vic, Nik, Mo and Tobias. There are lots of teams that would like to have that quartet based upon potential. Now they have to go prove their worth. The question is are you a believer or not?

Do you think that Tobias and Nik can improve their defense in the post? Do you think Vic and Mo can score enough from the perimeter to keep teams honest?

There is basketball talent on this team. The only question in my mind is whether we will see it develop fully this season.

Baby, Jameer and Aaron are on this team to make certain the kids have a veteran presence to turn to when they have questions and a role model to look to for guidance on how to handle yourself professionally. They will play, but if we are depending upon them to win games, something has drastically gone wrong with Henny's plan.

I wouldn't be surprised to see two of the three gone by the trade deadline.