Sign in to follow this  
Ellzolo

NBA Offseason 2013 Thread

The two teams I think Orlando needs to work with has to be the Bulls and Thunder,

The Bulls have a Charlotte first round pick, probably not this year due to protections, however this pick becomes unprotected by 2016 so it's a likely high lottery pick. It's well known they desperately want a 2 guard like Afflalo, I just don't think Afflalo alone gets the deal done.

The Thunder have a Toronto top 5 protected lotto pick, and talented rookies already at the end of their bench like Jeremy Lamb and Perry Jones. I could also see them being interested in Afflalo if KMart is demanding too much money as a free agent.

The two teams I think Orlando needs to work with has to be the Bulls and Thunder,

The Bulls have a Charlotte first round pick, probably not this year due to protections, however this pick becomes unprotected by 2016 so it's a likely high lottery pick. It's well known they desperately want a 2 guard like Afflalo, I just don't think Afflalo alone gets the deal done.

The Thunder have a Toronto top 5 protected lotto pick, and talented rookies already at the end of their bench like Jeremy Lamb and Perry Jones. I could also see them being interested in Afflalo if KMart is demanding too much money as a free agent.

[/quote

Could we sweeten the deal by using our exemption from the Douche Howard trade.

Turns out that Shved is quite stinky

I think he has promise as a backup PG for us. Plus he's with a terrible organization.

Shved+2nd round pick is good haul IMO for Afflalo.

I'd also like to hear some thoughts on the Trade exception from trading Dwight and possible scenarios on how to use it.

A 17.8 mil trade exception is a lot, however the only problem:

1. Orlando already has 75 mil in obligations for 2013. Although 22 mil is Arenas' amnesty money that doesn't count toward cap.

2. We don't really want to ruin our flexibility after the 13-14 season by taking on a huge long term contract.

The Golden State Warriors are a team to watch in possible trade exception scenarios. This team has to be hungry for contention now and they have a plethora of bad contracts that expire after 13-14.

Bogut: 14.2 mil

R Jefferson: 11 mil

Biedrins: 9 mil

The question is what assets can we extract from them? Klay Thompson is presumably untouchable. Harrison Barnes is probably untouchable. If he's not, that makes things interesting. One first rounder alone probably wouldn't be worth Orlando's while. Multiple picks? Maybe.

I'd also like to hear some thoughts on the Trade exception from trading Dwight and possible scenarios on how to use it.

A 17.8 mil trade exception is a lot, however the only problem:

1. Orlando already has 75 mil in obligations for 2013. Although 22 mil is Arenas' amnesty money that doesn't count toward cap.

2. We don't really want to ruin our flexibility after the 13-14 season by taking on a huge long term contract.

The Golden State Warriors are a team to watch in possible trade exception scenarios. This team has to be hungry for contention now and they have a plethora of bad contracts that expire after 13-14.

Bogut: 14.2 mil

R Jefferson: 11 mil

Biedrins: 9 mil

The question is what assets can we extract from them? Klay Thompson is presumably untouchable. Harrison Barnes is probably untouchable. If he's not, that makes things interesting. One first rounder alone probably wouldn't be worth Orlando's while. Multiple picks? Maybe.

You're contradicting yourself a little bit.

If GSW is looking to contend then we have nothing to offer them besides salary dumps. Also if they think they can contend then it follows that they like their young players enough to build around them. To get those guys we'd have to pay a hefty price assuming GSW is interested in anything we have to begin with.

You're contradicting yourself a little bit.

If GSW is looking to contend then we have nothing to offer them besides salary dumps. Also if they think they can contend then it follows that they like their young players enough to build around them. To get those guys we'd have to pay a hefty price assuming GSW is interested in anything we have to begin with.

I think it could only be a salary dump for picks situation. I think it would be a smart move to use the Dwight trade exception on acquiring a bad contract from another team if it comes with picks. We are not contending anytime soon and by the time we are ready those contracts we do acquire will most probably be finished.

I don't care who we get, but I'd really love..

1. Hedo GONE

2. Al Harrington GONE

3. A trade for Afflalo and Big Baby (maybe Beno) and grab a young talented PG ... somebody like Brandon Jennings, Kemba Walker, or Isaiah Thomas (Kings).

Get rid of those overpaid giant contracts that result in no minutes on the floor. I like Big Baby and wouldn't mind keeping him but Afflalo can be gone in my opinion, he just seems to not fit into a team developing offense.

If we did those three things, I'd be extremely happy.

Yeah, Mauro beat me to it with Jennings. The only thing I would try to do at PG is flip Baby to Houston for Lin if they were down to do that. They're thin at PF and they have Aaron Brooks.

Other than that, just dump people. Dump Hedo, dump Al, most certainly dump AA if we get McLemore, and if we were to get Lin or any other PG then just let Beno walk.

Even if we were to trade back into the first round and get a guy like Jamaal Franklin (assuming we got Noel), I would be ok with shipping away AA. It seems like Moe is going to be the future SG unless McLemore comes over.

Yeah, Mauro beat me to it with Jennings. The only thing I would try to do at PG is flip Baby to Houston for Lin if they were down to do that. They're thin at PF and they have Aaron Brooks.

Other than that, just dump people. Dump Hedo, dump Al, most certainly dump AA if we get McLemore, and if we were to get Lin or any other PG then just let Beno walk.

Even if we were to trade back into the first round and get a guy like Jamaal Franklin (assuming we got Noel), I would be ok with shipping away AA. It seems like Moe is going to be the future SG unless McLemore comes over.

What's the logic with getting Lin? I'm not very fond of him as a player.