Sign in to follow this  
Ellzolo

NBA Offseason 2013 Thread

I think they're tired of being mediocre. Just read they're also amnestying TT. They're going all in for now. We need to poach on this opportunity!

It wouldn't surprise me if they sign Al and go for another big fish.

Charlotte's pick is top 10 protected, so if they go out of the top 10 it goes to Chicago. This move makes their pick in jeopardy already, I would think they have to use the rest of their cap space now. I don't think a "big" fish is going to Charlotte, but I do think they could get Ellis though. Charlotte should amnesty Tyrus Thomas, move Ben Gordon, and sign Ellis. They'll be a lot more competitve than they've been in the last 9 years and would likely make the playoffs next season. If Orlando can get in on making Charlotte better, I'm all for it.

Aaron Afflalo and Big Baby for Ben Gordon and Detroit's 2014 pick. That would be glorious and I think it makes Charlotte a pretty good team in the East. They won't be competing for a championship, but they'll make the playoffs.

PG: Monta Ellis/Kemba Walker/Ramon Sessions

SG: Aaron Afflalo/Gerald Henderson

SF: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist/Aaron Afflalo

PF: Cody Zeller/Glenn Davis

C: Al Jefferson/Bismack Biyombo

JJ is a better shooter, passer, and facilitator of the offense. I'd personally rather have a signed Redick than AA for the next three years.

But they have Chris Paul and that's why I agree with whitemamba to a point, regardless of who's better I think the Clippers missed out on AA because I feel like his skill set are a better fit to what the Clippers needed.

JJ has expressed his anger he had with Stan by not playing him early on, but never brought it to the floor.

This doesn't make any sense. JJ was angry he wasn't playing but he didn't show it when he was playing even though he wasn't playing?

Im seeing Yahoo news saying Golden State thinks they have a real shot at Dwight and are very desperate to move contracts. I wonder if this is why Henny hasnt moved on anyone yet. I would assume our TPE would be of interest to them. Id love to get some totally unprotected firsts (plural) and help them stick it to LA at the same time. If they need to clear it that badly and quickly I assume Henny has been contacted.

Im seeing Yahoo news saying Golden State thinks they have a real shot at Dwight and are very desperate to move contracts. I wonder if this is why Henny hasnt moved on anyone yet. I would assume our TPE would be of interest to them. Id love to get some totally unprotected firsts (plural) and help them stick it to LA at the same time. If they need to clear it that badly and quickly I assume Henny has been contacted.

Yep. Biedrens and a pick for the tpe makes sense

This is exactly what I thought when I saw that report, and man would it be sweet

With all the talk about Golden State wishing to move contracts for cap space I thought that the following could be a potential scenario where we can help them land Dwight while picking up cap space for 2014 and future assets.

At the moment Golden State are 11 million over the cap.

In order to sign Dwight they need to get under the Cap by 20.5 million

So Golden State need to drop 31.5 million in salary.

Golden State

Start by renouncing the rights to Jarret Jack and Carl Landry. Saving 9.4 million in cap space

Trade 1

Bogut plus Rush for the TPE Saving 17 million in cap space.

At this time Golden state have cleared 26.4 million in salary.

Trade 2

Richard Jefferson, Andrein Biedrens Harrison Barnes plus two first round picks in exchange for Glen Davis, Hedo Turkoglu, Al Harrington

With Turkoglu and Harrington to be waived for 6 million and Harrington for 3.4 million saving 8.4 million from their traded salary worth.

Jefferson, Biedreins and Barnes move 21.9 million in salary.

While after waiving Turkoglu and Harrington they receive 15.9 million in salary.

This takes them to 32.4 million in cap space.

That would still allow them 11.9 million after Dwight to still chase after resigning Jarret Jack or or move for some other pieces to round out the roster maybe even a deal with Iggy starting at 11 million per season.

This would leave Golden State with the following roster.

PG Curry/????/Machado

SG Thompson/Nedovic/Bazemore

SF ????/Green/????

PF David Lee/Davis/????

C Howard/Ezeli/????

This would leave the Magic Roster looking like the following

PG Nelson/????/????

SG Oladipo/Afflalo/Moore/Lamb/Rush

SF Barnes/Harkness/Jefferson/Osby

PF Harris/Nicholson/????/

C Bogut/Vucevic/O'Quinn/Biedriens

If I was Orlando I would look to try to on move Bogut as well to Atlanta or Dallas for another first round pick. (Even though as an Australian I would love to see him play for the magic)

I also think we look at the possibility of moving Affalo and Rush as well.

Also the possibility of buying out Jefferson and Biedreins could be raised with them to save some further dollars.

@PeterVecsey1

From what I'm told, should Howard decide on GST, & LA is unwilling 2 sign-trade, it has teams willing 2 assume salaries of AB, Biedrins & RJ

Are we 1 of those teams?? Hmmmm lol

@PeterVecsey1

From what I'm told, should Howard decide on GST, & LA is unwilling 2 sign-trade, it has teams willing 2 assume salaries of AB, Biedrins & RJ

Are we 1 of those teams?? Hmmmm lol

If we got a 2014 1st round pick, that would net us THREE 1st round picks in this stacked upcoming draft (should everyone who qualifies decide to go, which is highly unlikely at this point). I truly believe LA will let Dwight walk and lose that $30 while saving itself much in cap space for next year's loaded FA class. I don't see them taking back Andrew Bogut (though Bogut, Gasol, Bryant, and Nash could still be formidable in the West).

Either way, I hope LA walks so that we get to make a trade that nets us a 1st, takes on a contract we'll never play, and helps Dwight screw the Lakers. 'Twould be GLORIOUS. :bigparty:

Yep. Biedrens and a pick for the tpe makes sense

I would welcome biedrens and his 20% ft shooting with open arms if this scenario were to come true.

Wishful thinking here....

3 team trade

Orlando-Utah-Golden State

Orlando gets: Millsap, Thompson, Biedrens, R. Jefferson

Utah gets: Afflalo, Harkless, Nelson

Golden State gets: (2) 2015 1st rd picks (each from Orlando & Utah)