Sign in to follow this  
Ellzolo

NBA Offseason 2013 Thread

Shocker, I say something semi negative about JJ and this forum goes up in flames. All I said was JJ to me is better suited as a 6th man off the bench role, whereas AA is a better starter. Voting down my comments because of that? Childish much? Whoever did that hope a firework blows your hand off tonight, how magical that would be.

Joking of course.

I don't think it has anything to do with people responding to negative comments about JJ. I think people just genuinely disagree with you. The last two GM's, who presumably had a choice between AA and JJ, chose JJ. Of course Milwaukee's GM has proven himself to be an absolute moron, and Doc has a bit of a questionable track record also, so there's that.

6th man, starter, whatever. If I were a coach, I would like to have JJ on the floor during the closing minutes. Mainly because he doesn't make many mistakes but also because he's unselfish, he can spread the floor and create opportunities to score.

I thought I'd never see the day when JJ is called an overrated shooter and in a serious manner. He's not the holy grail of shooting guards but there's a first for everything I suppose.

Can't have this conversation without me, right?

I think Redick's best suited to a 6th man role, mostly because he's one of the hardest working guys in the NBA and definitely qualifies as an "energy" guy. However I think he's a fine starter too, it really just depends on how he fits with the other four guys on the floor.

However what hasn't been discussed is Jamal Crawford is the exact same thing, just with a different skill set.

I think whoever starts is a coin flip, and they'll probably come close to splitting the SG minutes anyway (24 minutes-ish a piece). either that or ride the hot hand in the 4th quarter.

What's really funny is the disagreement is probably a moot point, since J.J. prefers to come off the bench.

There's no sense of urgency to trade AA, as he's our only piece that will net us anything by himself. Additionally, he's a good veteran presence (aside from Jameer) in the mold of this organization's direction unless you want these young kids looking to Hedo and BBD.

He is gonna help us win games something we don't really want to do, and take minutes away from our young guys another thing we really don't want to do. There isn't any urgency we got to the start of the season to trade him IMO. Also Hedo won't be on this team either but BBD isnt a bad presence I'm sure he is an easy guy to get along with, but we need to deal him too.

6th man, starter, whatever. If I were a coach, I would like to have JJ on the floor during the closing minutes. Mainly because he doesn't make many mistakes but also because he's unselfish, he can spread the floor and create opportunities to score.

I thought I'd never see the day when JJ is called an overrated shooter and in a serious manner. He's not the holy grail of shooting guards but there's a first for everything I suppose.

You heard it right here.

Al Jefferson to Charlotte. Wow. That's a big get for Charlotte and means they want to win now. AA would fit in perfectly with that plan.

Simple and productive trade for both teams: http://espn.go.com/n...tradeId=qfbcw88

AA for Charlotte's first next year. (I believe they'll still get Detroit AND Portland's firsts in 2014).

Al Jefferson to Charlotte. Wow. That's a big get for Charlotte and means they want to win now. AA would fit in perfectly with that plan.

Simple and productive trade for both teams: http://espn.go.com/n...tradeId=qfbcw88

AA for Charlotte's first next year. (I believe they'll still get Detroit AND Portland's firsts in 2014).

41 mil / 3 years for Al in his prime. Not a terrible signing (relative to other Cat moves), but I still don't see why they'd want to slightly overpay to compete right now. Any sane man will tell you that they were at least a few drafts away from even considering playoffs.

That being said, great news for us any way you dice it :D/>

If Charlotte make that trade they're resigning themselves to be very mediocre unless MKG, Kemba or Cody Zeller can progress into an All star (not saying they wouldn't be stupid enough to though lol). I think Jefferson is a good move because he's good enough to get some people excited but not good enough to make them a good team, a front court that includes him and Zeller will be terrible on defense.

That being said I hope the Bobcats like someone else in free agency like Monta Ellis or something and need some cap relief because with three 2014 draft picks that could be an opportunity. They'll have 2 picks at the back end of the lottery or just outside (assuming that the Pistons and Blazers aren't in the bottom 8 and 12 teams respectively) and their own.

41 mil / 3 years for Al in his prime. Not a terrible signing (relative to other Cat moves), but I still don't see why they'd want to slightly overpay to compete right now. Any sane man will tell you that they were at least a few drafts away from even considering playoffs.

That being said, great news for us any way you dice it biggrin.gif/>

I think they're tired of being mediocre. Just read they're also amnestying TT. They're going all in for now. We need to poach on this opportunity!

It wouldn't surprise me if they sign Al and go for another big fish.

I think they're tired of being mediocre. Just read they're also amnestying TT. They're going all in for now. We need to poach on this opportunity!

It wouldn't surprise me if they sign Al and go for another big fish.

I'd say mediocre is a bit of a complement :P

In taking my biased out of it, I still feel Clippers missed out on a chance to get Affalo. He's a MUCH better all around player on both ends of the ball, the only thing JJ can do better is pass. Like another poster said, they already have their 6th man in Crawford. JJ is a 6th man. He's a really good 6th man fits the mold of what you want in a 6th man. I know everyone on here loves them some JJ but bottom line, he's not a starter on a REAL CHAMPIONSHIP team. Plain and simple. He's a 6th man. Affalo would have been really nice at the 2 for them as a starter, assuming that deal was ever on the table.

I'd rather have Afflalo as well, but Redick can be the Danny Green to Crawford's Manu Ginobili. Jared Dudley is also a very solid player so I understand why they took this deal.

I'd rather have Afflalo as well, but Redick can be the Danny Green to Crawford's Manu Ginobili. Jared Dudley is also a very solid player so I understand why they took this deal.

That's true Dudley is a nice option down the bench.