Sign in to follow this  
Ellzolo

NBA Offseason 2013 Thread

I feel ya man but this is the player Otis traded for. He was lazy in Toronto too.

He was lazy during his first stint here. Only thing that changed is that he's older and he can't shoot for **** anymore. He's still the lazy dumbass he's always been.

a player that significantly helped in our Finals run just 4 years ago sucks.

We got to the finals in spite of him

The hedo hate has gone too far. He was a decent scorer, good shooter, slow footed, great passer (relative to small forwards). He was good enough initiating the offense to let jameer play off ball or let us exploit mismatches by not playing a point guard. He was effective in stretches.

He was a great player off the bench. He was a good third or fourth option.

He was tall enough that svg loved using him as a last second shooter. He was successful as anyone could have really hoped in that role.

That success gave hedo (and Hedo fans) way too much confidence. His shot selection became terrible. He wanted to get paid like an all star. Hedo fans flooded the board.

He was a interesting player with an unconventional game for his position. It worked moderately well.

Stop acting like he's Fran Vasquez or Doug Christie.

• Upvote 1

We got to the finals in spite of him

You're right. His 25 points, 12 assists, 5 rebounds, 9/12 f.g, and 4/5 3's in game 7 at Boston had nothing to do with us making the Finals. C'mon man.

Your hate stems from him going out and getting paid in Toronto, and then the best GM of all time going back and trading for him a year later. Blame him for getting paid? Hmm haters.

You're right. His 25 points, 12 assists, 5 rebounds, 9/12 f.g, and 4/5 3's in game 7 at Boston had nothing to do with us making the Finals. C'mon man.

Your hate stems from him going out and getting paid in Toronto, and then the best GM of all time going back and trading for him a year later. Blame him for getting paid? Hmm haters.

Don't cherry pick stats. He averaged 14.6/4.2/4.5 on 42% shooting and a 13.2 PER during the finals run. For every game that you point out, he had a 3 for 12 (Cleveland game 6), 1 for 11 ( Cleveland game 3) 3for 13 (Boston game 6), etc.

Don't cherry pick stats. He averaged 14.6/4.2/4.5 on 42% shooting and a 13.2 PER during the finals run. For every game that you point out, he had a 3 for 12 (Cleveland game 6), 1 for 11 ( Cleveland game 3) 3for 13 (Boston game 6), etc.

I agree but my point was, without him, we likely aren't in the Conference Finals. I had to look up the stats, obviously, but I wont forget the game he had. Clutch all game. I'm not a Hedo fan by any means, but going back to the original comment that was made, it was taken too far. Hedo had a decent postseason and got someone to overpay him. Don't hate him for it.

Sure he had weaknesses but come on people, you can't honestly start suggesting that he was a burden in finals run.

Also he definitely took bad shots but the players were instructed to shoot if Dwight had good rebounding position so that wouldn't help his shooting percentage either.

Why? Do you personally know him? Sounds like he banged your wife or something.

You know damn well you would hold out for YOUR money too. He signed a contract for 12 million in the last season, with a guaranteed 6 million, and now Orlando is low balling him, probably offering him less than 4 to disappear. You wouldn't walk away from over a million dollars either, especially if it were the end of your career.

No offense, but your attitude towards a player that significantly helped in our Finals run just 4 years ago sucks. If your gonna hate someone, direct it at your boy Otis, the guy that traded for Turk after sending him away after 09. Turk has done nothing wrong for you to hate him.

The fondest Turkoglu memory I have is his block on Kobe and immediate call for the timeout. Since then he's been a lazy and fat chucker who's a cancer to our team. That's why I "hate" him, the money thing is just a bonus

The fondest Turkoglu memory I have is his block on Kobe and immediate call for the timeout. Since then he's been a lazy and fat chucker who's a cancer to our team. That's why I "hate" him, the money thing is just a bonus

The chuck 3 at the buzzer against Philly was quite memorable

Someone from Turkish team Fenehbace (sp?) Apparently leaked they'd offered Turk a contract worth 3.5 million dollars, that combined with the fact that he was suspended for taking PED's last season should be more than enough reason for Turk to accept a buyout. I don't know what the tax is like in Turkey but I've got to think that taking a 4 million buy out and signing that contract would be as profitable as rotting on our bench for 6 million.