Sign in to follow this  
Ellzolo

NBA Offseason 2013 Thread

The pistons appear to be trying to construct the 76rs finals team. A bunch of energy, defense and rebounding with one chucker.

How darest thou!

I think that it's a good move for the Pistons, and they're also not massively overpaying Jennings (8 mil a year, pretty good)

With Chauncey Billups backing him up and teaching him some stuff he could become a better PG, and he has the potential to be a much better shooter than Brandon Knight, and the Pistons need shooting BADLY.

With that said, having Josh Smith and Brandon Jennings on the same team could turn out really bad, but it's a risk I'd take, since they are in win-now mode.

i agree considering that Wall just got the 5 year 80 mil max based on the last 20 games of the season.

Brandon Jennings has problems, but 8m year is pretty reasonable if not slightly underpaid. Jose Calderon got that much and i'd much rather have Jennings.

Call me crazy but I think the Pistons will be a good team. If there is any area I would upgrade it would be another vet presence, but Billups and Ben Wallace should be good voices in the locker room.

Giving Brandon Jennings 8 million a year because Jose Calderon got 7.25 is a lot like burning your house down because someone broke into your neighbor's house.

In this metaphor, giving John Wall a 16m a year extension that lasts 5 years is the equivalent of burning your house down while you're still inside.

i agree considering that Wall just got the 5 year 80 mil max based on the last 20 games of the season.

Brandon Jennings has problems, but 8m year is pretty reasonable if not slightly underpaid. Jose Calderon got that much and i'd much rather have Jennings.

Call me crazy but I think the Pistons will be a good team. If there is any area I would upgrade it would be another vet presence, but Billups and Ben Wallace should be good voices in the locker room.

I wouldn't pay $4.5 mil for Jennings. The guy is inefficient.

I wouldn't pay $4.5 mil for Jennings. The guy is inefficient.

You're right, I wouldn't pay Dwight Howard the vet min because he's a drama queen and has102420394 baby mommas. :svgsad:/>

Giving Brandon Jennings 8 million a year because Jose Calderon got 7.25 is a lot like burning your house down because someone broke into your neighbor's house.

If you exclude rookie contracts, it's tough to find a starting caliber PG that is paid much less than around the 7-8m range. Only two examples off the top of my head are Felton and Chalmers. Teague got that amount, Dragic got similar last season, Hill, etc.

So in one sense, I agree it's Jennings, he is who he is. But it's certainly not a bad deal in comparison to other pgs. And if Bledsoe gets that amount it might even make Jennings look good.

In this metaphor, giving John Wall a 16m a year extension that lasts 5 years is the equivalent of burning your house down while you're still inside.

I'll never understand this "we need to lock him up or else he'll look elsewhere/hurt feelings" attitude. Wall had an amazing 20 game stretch to the end season, i'll give him that. But to drop the max based on that alone? why? when the wiz have so many problems elsewhere that need just as much attention if not more. It's not like the max contract is off the table next offseason.