Sign in to follow this  
Ellzolo

NBA Offseason 2013 Thread

NBA D-League: Magic's affiliate in 2013/14 to be Fort Wayne Mad Ants - Link

Looking forward to the day we have our own D-League affiliate, and one that's closer geographically to us.

It would be nice to have our own team that we can send our players to, and help them adapt and develop to playing the system that the Magic do. That said, I'm not sure if the D-League will ever rise to 30 teams with one per NBA team, but hopefully in the future we'll get a team of our own.

Eurobasket: Nik Vučević looks forward to the 2013 tournament - Link

Good to know that Vucevic doing work to get better this offseason. Hope especially that he improves defensively, can only get better.

That article was so lacking in any meaningful information, like what Vuc has been focusing on, noticeable improvements in his strength/athleticism and pretty much in any information other than he's playing in a tournament and is looking forward to maybe playing Gasol, who he respects. Good grief, how about a little information and effort? This is no fault of the poster, this article just happens to be terrible journalism...if you want to call it that.

Even better, lets build a new arena for them

tumblr_lqvny0UcEV1qel4wbo1_500.gif

Ouch...thats just cold...

We could also use every pick of Dave Twardzik/former gm to roster the team. Unfortunately they would still exceed the current NBA salary cap and be among the worst in the d league.

I post here NEVER (love the Magic though!), but I would also love it if you could keep to yourself forever Drunk On Mystery. You are insufferable and wrong more than you think. Even when you're right your wrong!

Look DOM is just like a bad case of antibiotic resistant Gonorrhea. It burns when he comes out to play. There really is no way of defending against it. He is persistent and painful and reminds you of past mistakes. You just have to learn to live with him right or wrong because he isnt going anywhere.

• Upvote 1

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9501245/nba-offseason-moves-assessing-winners-tankers-everything-between

Great article by Zach Lowe talking about every team's offseason moves ^

The only thing I don't agree with is when he says that CJ Watson is a "giant" upgrade over DJ Augustin. I just don't see it

A good reminder of how exciting the league should be next season. I really need to fix my tv already...

I don't understand what's so hard about putting someone on ignore. Why waste time and internet space to bicker about stupid ish. Like seriously whoever floated the idea to trade for Aldridge was probably trolling and you all fell for it. Ignore that **** and move on.

Orlando should trade around for a couple more draft picks. Glen Davis, AA, Nicholson, Maxiell now, are all appealing trade chips that can be combined with other things and traded. Also, maximize the TPEs received for Howard.

Orlando should trade around for a couple more draft picks. Glen Davis, AA, Nicholson, Maxiell now, are all appealing trade chips that can be combined with other things and traded. Also, maximize the TPEs received for Howard.

Possibly, but keep in mind that your going to need depth so you dont run your young guys into the ground. I have always thought that's what happened to Penny. After Shaq, it felt like Penny was doing more and more to keep the franchise going... and his body finally started to react to it. Same with Grant Hill when he got injured with the Pistons, he should of stayed out of the game with his twisted ankle, but instead went back into the game and broke it in game 2 of the playoffs verse Miami (99-00 season).

Point is, we need to keep our guys fresh at the same time give them the opportunity to grow their game. In doing so, vets play a major role in that area. I dont see us flushing every Vet out from this team, I see us keeping a few around... Davis, Nelson, AA, Maxiell will most likely stay. Turk and Al are definitely goners... Beno and Jones are not returning.

• Upvote 2