Sign in to follow this  
Ellzolo

NBA Offseason 2013 Thread

I'm all for trading Afflalo to the Wolves but I feel like taking on Roy's contract and giving up AA (who we're assuming the Wolves want in this trade scenario) is worth more than just a late 1st. I'd at least want a 2nd round pick thrown in for the money we're going to be paying Roy not to play.

I'd take Derrick Williams + Roy + 1st round pick for Afflalo in a heartbeat

Got a phone call today from a family member who found an autographed, life-sized Penny cutout at a thrift store for $8. Damn right I had them get it.

• Upvote 1

I'd take Derrick Williams + Roy + 1st round pick for Afflalo in a heartbeat

Go to agree that if they offer that deal I think we should take it.

I like the look of Williams, he's got the potential to be a very good player. And while Roy has injury problems, he does only have another year left on his deal so it doesn't come with a lot of risk. Plus grabbing another 1st round pick would be useful in getting another decent player, some good players can be had late on.

I'm all for trading Afflalo to the Wolves but I feel like taking on Roy's contract and giving up AA (who we're assuming the Wolves want in this trade scenario) is worth more than just a late 1st. I'd at least want a 2nd round pick thrown in for the money we're going to be paying Roy not to play.

Roy's contract is not guaranteed for next year and we could simply cut him: http://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/MIN.html

This is my preemptive "yes harkless can play the two because he can defend other twos" post

To me, Harkless still needs to show that he is a good defender. He had flashes of good defense vs sf. He does not get around screens good and has issues with quick guards taking him off the dribble. He is good against slower sf like melo and paul because of his length. I believe he has the tools to be a lock down defender, but it his not there yet. I dont think he does well verse most two guards.

So far, he does get in the passing lane well. He blocks shots well from the weak side. I just want to see more one on one defense and heart every play.

To me, Harkless still needs to show that he is a good defender. He had flashes of good defense vs sf. He does not get around screens good and has issues with quick guards taking him off the dribble. He is good against slower sf like melo and paul because of his length. I believe he has the tools to be a lock down defender, but it his not there yet. I dont think he does well verse most two guards.

So far, he does get in the passing lane well. He as blocks shots well from the weak side. I just want to see more one on one defense and heart every play.

Lets not forget his a rookie. No one comes in to the league as a top defender.

Lets not forget his a rookie. No one comes in to the league as a top defender.

I understand he was a rookie and a young rookie to go with that fact. I was addressing a comment about him being able to guard 2s or not. But to your point, I not even talking about top defenders. I just talking about good defenders. He has some work to do to become good.

For example C.Lee came in as very good defender as a rookie. He kept his man in front of him. Got around screens and did not miss a lot of defense rotations. Therefore, he started in the championship game for us. C. Lee did not get a lot of steals or blocks, but he played good position defense. Harkless had some steals and blocks, but he is missing the most important thing; position defense. He needs to kept his man in front of him, on one side of the floor, and know his rotations.

After he does these thing, we can talk about him being a good defender and maybe a top defender. He does have the tools to get it done, but let us see it on the floor.

I understand he was a rookie and a young rookie to go with that fact. I was addressing a comment about him being able to guard 2s or not. But to your point, I not even talking about top defenders. I just talking about good defenders. He has some work to do to become good.

For example C.Lee came in as very good defender as a rookie. He kept his man in front of him. Got around screens and did not miss a lot of defense rotations. Therefore, he started in the championship game for us. C. Lee did not get a lot of steals or blocks, but he played good position defense. Harkless had some steals and blocks, but he is missing the most important thing; position defense. He needs to kept his man in front of him, on one side of the floor, and know his rotations.

After he does these thing, we can talk about him being a good defender and maybe a top defender. He does have the tools to get it done, but let us see it on the floor.

C.Lee was also 23 when we drafted him, Harkless is much more raw than C.Lee was. I don't think my other post was clear enough and thats my fault, what I meant was that he'll learn to defend, give him time, let him get beaten by some 2s it helps the process.

C.Lee was also 23 when we drafted him, Harkless is much more raw than C.Lee was. I don't think my other post was clear enough and thats my fault, what I meant was that he'll learn to defend, give him time, let him get beaten by some 2s it helps the process.

Agree. I remember watching Wade drop 50 on Lee. That was a learning experience for him.

Josh Robbins ‏@JoshuaBRobbins

#Magic GM Rob Hennigan finished 10th in #NBA Executive of the Year voting. Denver's Masai Ujiri won the award.