Sign in to follow this  
Ellzolo

NBA Offseason 2013 Thread

Let it go? I never had it!

I will remember your name come July and you will be like that Huxtable guy made the most sense on this forum while eating his Jell-O pudding! xD

:dustball:

Guest TrueBlue4life

Don't know if you guys know but Kyle O'quinn is on twitter and actually replied to a post of mine. @Kyle_OQuinn

Let it go? I never had it!

I will remember your name come July and you will be like that Huxtable guy made the most sense on this forum while eating his Jell-O pudding! xD

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand now we know. Thanks, Jareth.

If Andrew Wiggins reminds you of Gerald Green we have seen two very different players.

Exactly. From what I've seen of Wiggles, I see a lot of Nique.

I might be a loner on this subject but what is so special about Wiggins and Parker that Harkless and Harris can't bring us? Maybe Wiggins is a better scorer/jaw dropping athlete...he reminds me of a better version of Gerald Green/T-Mac w/ no intangibles, now Parker is more of a franchise player that can represent an organization in a positive way! (But is he really that much different from T.Harris and want to tank a season to acquire?)

On a side note, if you want to acquire CP3 why can't we try to acquire D12...it will be difficult to for CP3 to leave his current team than D12! (We can acquire him with our large TPE and other assets)

C-D12 (he might have to change his jersey #)

PF-Vucevic (playing PF this summer in World Championship will help)

SF-Harris (better version of Melo)

SG-Harkless (better version of Stacey Augmon)

PG-T.Burke (the real deal w/ chip on his shoulder)

Wiggins' ball skills right now are at a level that Harkless will never achieve in his career

I wouldnt even be opposed to trading our solid young prospects (Vuch, Harkless and Harris) for a future early first in next years draft. It accomplishes two things...stockpile more future talent and ensures you are really bad next year. All three players should be able to net us lottery picks next year if we found the right taker.

As a side note...I wonder if ownership finally realizes just how bad Otis had jacked up our team. Seriously it was absolutely world class now that you look back at it. Hopefully Henny keeps up the good work and makes some more prudent moves. I think after many years of dunces running the show we finally have someone who understands how to make a team a contender.

I would be opposed to us trading our solid young prospects for future lottery picks. I can appreciate that as the 'worst' team in the NBA no one should be above being traded for the right price, but I think those three guys will play a big part in this team's future.

Vuc is the second best rebounding center in the NBA behind Dwight Howard, and he's shown the ability to contribute to the offense and I think that side of his game could increase to Brook Lopez type levels without too much trouble. I don't see another center in this year's or next year's draft that could displace him, and I include a pre-knee injury Noel. So why trade a center that has shown as much development as Vuc has this season, and to top it off, hasn't reached his ceiling yet? I don't see the point unless you get Dwight Howard in return. For me, Vuc is a big part of this team's future, and I am confident that he will become at least a borderline all star if not an all star center.

T12 has shown since coming here that he can be a very good starting power forward in this league, and perhaps even has the ability to become a borderline all star. Now I guess he could be tradable for a top lottery pick for either this or next year's draft. So hypothetically if we land McLemore with our pick this year, then we could go for Cody Zeller or Noel as our PF-come-C, but neither are really as explosive or have the offensive ability that Harris possesses. Next year we could take Wiggins or Parker with our pick at SF, and then we might go for someone like Noah Vonleh or Julius Randle to go in at PF, both lads are talented, and Vonleh has shown signs he could have all star potential, but both will take a year or two before they really hit the ground running. So for me, I would rather see us keep a hold of Harris and see what he does next year, does he push on or regress? I think he'll push on because he is not only very talented, but he has the desire, determination and heart to be a winner. I wouldn't trade him unless we decide to pursue a PF in free agency like Al Jefferson this off season, or Chris Bosh if he opts out in 2014, but personally I'd like to see us continue to develop T12.

The only one that might be expendable is Harkless, because if we tank next season and land a top two pick then we will probably take Wiggins or Parker, and that would mean that Harkless would drop to the bench because those two guys are franchise changing small forwards. Now Harkless is a very talented player, but if he stays here then he really needs to breakout next year and prove that he is our long term starting small forward, because if he doesn't and we tank, then I can see us taking Wiggins or Parker and they will probably be franchise changing small forwards. If that happens then he'll either end up as our 6th man, or backup SF/PF. So perhaps he could be traded away at the trade deadline next season for a lottery pick so we could then go for another top player, perhaps Marcus Smart because he could compliment Trey Burke or Ben McLemore if we draft them for PG or SG respectively.

I'd personally like to see us build around those three guys, but I guess any player could have his price.

I might be a loner on this subject but what is so special about Wiggins and Parker that Harkless and Harris can't bring us? Maybe Wiggins is a better scorer/jaw dropping athlete...he reminds me of a better version of Gerald Green/T-Mac w/ no intangibles, now Parker is more of a franchise player that can represent an organization in a positive way! (But is he really that much different from T.Harris and want to tank a season to acquire?)

Wiggins has significantly better ball handling skills than Harkless, and is a much better scorer. The lad also has elite level athleticism, and although Harkless is very athletic, I think Wiggins has the edge. Wiggins is a franchise changing talent, and many see him as the best high school prospect in the past ten years. Granted this argument is based on the word 'potentially', and the issue with potential is that some guy's never make the grade. So with that in mind Harkless has proved in his rookie year that he could be a very good player in the NBA, and with some more coaching, could develop into a very good starting small forward.

Now Tobias Harris seems to be our power forward, and Wiggins and Parker are both small forwards. So I don't see why T12 comes into the argument because the only way T12 becomes our small forward is if we sign Al Jefferson or Chris Bosh in 2013 or 2014 respectively to play at PF or C (if they play C then Vuc becomes our PF), draft Noel to take the PF position which will see us shift T12 to SF to compete with Harkless, or trade Harkless in the off season and shift T12 to SF and sign or draft someone for PF. Personally, Harris is our PF going forwards, but the part I do agree with is that he is a player that could represent this organisation in a positive way.

But to bring this back to the future of our SF position. I think that Harkless is in with a shout to make the position his, but he needs to take a HUGE step forward next season. Currently he's averaging 8.2 PPG, with a field goal percentage of 46.1, three point percentage of 27.4, and he contributes 0.7 assistants and 4.4 rebounds. Now those are ok stats for a rookie year, but a guy like Wiggins is tipped to be a power scorer, and he also contributes a fair whack of rebounds as well. So Harkless will need to average at least double figures, if not bring himself into the late teens to give himself a good chance to remain our starting SF. He's very talented, but is it realistic to expect him to put ten onto that PPG, and push up his FGP and TPP? Maybe, but it's going to be tough, and I think he'll likely find himself benched, traded, or at a stretch, shifted to SG which is unlikely if we go for McLemore or go for someone like Monta Ellis in FA.

On a side note, if you want to acquire CP3 why can't we try to acquire D12...it will be difficult to for CP3 to leave his current team than D12! (We can acquire him with our large TPE and other assets)

C-D12 (he might have to change his jersey #)

PF-Vucevic (playing PF this summer in World Championship will help)

SF-Harris (better version of Melo)

SG-Harkless (better version of Stacey Augmon)

PG-T.Burke (the real deal w/ chip on his shoulder)

I know I already kinda replied to this once but I just reread and noticed this and I can't help but ask... are you serious?

I know I already kinda replied to this once but I just reread and noticed this and I can't help but ask... are you serious?

Huxtable is a jareth account. Tread cautiously.

Guest TrueBlue4life

OJ Mayo is going to opt out of his contract. He is looking for something long term. If Magic trade Afflalo I would love to get Mayo.

I would be opposed to us trading our solid young prospects for future lottery picks. I can appreciate that as the 'worst' team in the NBA no one should be above being traded for the right price, but I think those three guys will play a big part in this team's future.

Vuc is the second best rebounding center in the NBA behind Dwight Howard, and he's shown the ability to contribute to the offense and I think that side of his game could increase to Brook Lopez type levels without too much trouble. I don't see another center in this year's or next year's draft that could displace him, and I include a pre-knee injury Noel. So why trade a center that has shown as much development as Vuc has this season, and to top it off, hasn't reached his ceiling yet? I don't see the point unless you get Dwight Howard in return. For me, Vuc is a big part of this team's future, and I am confident that he will become at least a borderline all star if not an all star center.

T12 has shown since coming here that he can be a very good starting power forward in this league, and perhaps even has the ability to become a borderline all star. Now I guess he could be tradable for a top lottery pick for either this or next year's draft. So hypothetically if we land McLemore with our pick this year, then we could go for Cody Zeller or Noel as our PF-come-C, but neither are really as explosive or have the offensive ability that Harris possesses. Next year we could take Wiggins or Parker with our pick at SF, and then we might go for someone like Noah Vonleh or Julius Randle to go in at PF, both lads are talented, and Vonleh has shown signs he could have all star potential, but both will take a year or two before they really hit the ground running. So for me, I would rather see us keep a hold of Harris and see what he does next year, does he push on or regress? I think he'll push on because he is not only very talented, but he has the desire, determination and heart to be a winner. I wouldn't trade him unless we decide to pursue a PF in free agency like Al Jefferson this off season, or Chris Bosh if he opts out in 2014, but personally I'd like to see us continue to develop T12.

The only one that might be expendable is Harkless, because if we tank next season and land a top two pick then we will probably take Wiggins or Parker, and that would mean that Harkless would drop to the bench because those two guys are franchise changing small forwards. Now Harkless is a very talented player, but if he stays here then he really needs to breakout next year and prove that he is our long term starting small forward, because if he doesn't and we tank, then I can see us taking Wiggins or Parker and they will probably be franchise changing small forwards. If that happens then he'll either end up as our 6th man, or backup SF/PF. So perhaps he could be traded away at the trade deadline next season for a lottery pick so we could then go for another top player, perhaps Marcus Smart because he could compliment Trey Burke or Ben McLemore if we draft them for PG or SG respectively.

I'd personally like to see us build around those three guys, but I guess any player could have his price.

Wiggins has significantly better ball handling skills than Harkless, and is a much better scorer. The lad also has elite level athleticism, and although Harkless is very athletic, I think Wiggins has the edge. Wiggins is a franchise changing talent, and many see him as the best high school prospect in the past ten years. Granted this argument is based on the word 'potentially', and the issue with potential is that some guy's never make the grade. So with that in mind Harkless has proved in his rookie year that he could be a very good player in the NBA, and with some more coaching, could develop into a very good starting small forward.

Now Tobias Harris seems to be our power forward, and Wiggins and Parker are both small forwards. So I don't see why T12 comes into the argument because the only way T12 becomes our small forward is if we sign Al Jefferson or Chris Bosh in 2013 or 2014 respectively to play at PF or C (if they play C then Vuc becomes our PF), draft Noel to take the PF position which will see us shift T12 to SF to compete with Harkless, or trade Harkless in the off season and shift T12 to SF and sign or draft someone for PF. Personally, Harris is our PF going forwards, but the part I do agree with is that he is a player that could represent this organisation in a positive way.

But to bring this back to the future of our SF position. I think that Harkless is in with a shout to make the position his, but he needs to take a HUGE step forward next season. Currently he's averaging 8.2 PPG, with a field goal percentage of 46.1, three point percentage of 27.4, and he contributes 0.7 assistants and 4.4 rebounds. Now those are ok stats for a rookie year, but a guy like Wiggins is tipped to be a power scorer, and he also contributes a fair whack of rebounds as well. So Harkless will need to average at least double figures, if not bring himself into the late teens to give himself a good chance to remain our starting SF. He's very talented, but is it realistic to expect him to put ten onto that PPG, and push up his FGP and TPP? Maybe, but it's going to be tough, and I think he'll likely find himself benched, traded, or at a stretch, shifted to SG which is unlikely if we go for McLemore or go for someone like Monta Ellis in FA.

I like Vuch, Harris and Moe but the end game of ensuring you have Wiggins and/or the great studs in next years draft is too important to not go after....assuming the opportunity presented itself. 2 or 3 picks in the top 10 next year combined with getting Otis' garbage finally cleared from our roster is the recipe we should follow. Im not saying give Vuch, Harris or Moe away by any means. It should take a top 4 pick for Vuch...and I say we can get it. T12 and Moe could net us some ping pong balls too but not as much as Vuch.

My concern is we keep those guys and they turn us into a borderline playoff team next year which eliminates your shot at the next Lebron...and as we know in the NBA it takes superstars not solid role players to put on the ring. Not saying Vuch and the group wont develop but you can pretty well guarantee Wiggins showing up nightly on sports center. He will be the next star.

Unfortunately I bet the Lakers are already clearing their roster to pick Wiggins up after his rookie deal ends in Orlando.

I like Vuch, Harris and Moe but the end game of ensuring you have Wiggins and/or the great studs in next years draft is too important to not go after....assuming the opportunity presented itself. 2 or 3 picks in the top 10 next year combined with getting Otis' garbage finally cleared from our roster is the recipe we should follow. Im not saying give Vuch, Harris or Moe away by any means. It should take a top 4 pick for Vuch...and I say we can get it. T12 and Moe could net us some ping pong balls too but not as much as Vuch.

My concern is we keep those guys and they turn us into a borderline playoff team next year which eliminates your shot at the next Lebron...and as we know in the NBA it takes superstars not solid role players to put on the ring. Not saying Vuch and the group wont develop but you can pretty well guarantee Wiggins showing up nightly on sports center. He will be the next star.

Unfortunately I bet the Lakers are already clearing their roster to pick Wiggins up after his rookie deal ends in Orlando.

As talented as Wiggins is, I would not want to see this team sacrifice and trade away Vuc, Harkless and Harris to put all our eggs in the Andrew Wiggins basket. Sure, he has the potential to be a franchise changer and a star in the NBA, and he might be the next 'must not miss' player. But at the same time you don't give away a potential all-star center in Vuc, and two very talented young forwards (one of whom in Harris if he continues to improve could become a borderline all star PF) in order to secure one prospect. You might see Harkless being traded in order to secure another top pick next season (i.e. if we go for McLemore this year at SG, we might want to try and get a pick that will get us Smart for the PG position; or if we go for Burke at PG, then whoever is the top SG prospect). But outside of that I don't see us giving away all three guys for draft picks, I see us building around them even if that means missing out on Wiggins.

That being said, I don't see this team becoming a borderline play off contender unless we do something like this:

Chris Paul (PG), Ben McLemore (SG), Josh Smith (SF), Harris (PF), Vuc ©

That line up might make us a play off team, but personally I don't see that scenario playing out. I think we'll probably go young again and move the likes of Nelson, Afflalo and Big Baby out before the end of the season - though we might keep Nelson for experience. For me our starting line up could be something like:

Burke (PG), Afflalo (SG), Harkless (SF), Harris (PF), Vuc ©; or Nelson (PG), McLemore (SG), Harkless (SF), Harris (PF), Vuc ©

That to me is a developmental team, and while they might take a step forward, I don't see us playing our way out of a top five pick.