Sign in to follow this  
jasinfla

Diener

quote:
Originally posted by The Dude Abides:

And Jasinfla, whenever you see a response by STs90, just disregard it..his only MO in commenting is too regurgitate and mimmick other peoples thoughts on the board. Go check out his post history...zero in the way of actually contributing, even his attempts at comedy flatline. And on the rare occasion that he even attempts to be on topic, they are just one liner rubbish with no substance.

JasinFla, I am glad to see you on the board. I will acknowledge that I am just a fan with fan like opinions. Most of us on here are just regular people. The Dude like to think that he is something special who should be worshiped by people who read his drivel. I guess if that is his thing, then he should go for it. But his guesses are really no better than yours.

I don't recall ever copying anyone.

By the way, I like Diener a lot, and would like to see him and JJ as a backup pair next year. Both are exciting to watch. But I realistically don't see Travis playing much unless the Jameer/Carlos logjam ahead of him is broken.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicNoles:

meer is better than diener.

Thanks for your contribution. Now some examples, facts etc would be nice for that to hold any water, especially on a NBA forum.

There was this one game last season where Travis played like crap. Jameer was injured, Carlos was benched, and all Travis did was shoot threes and a variety of jumpers... most of which he missed.

Other than that, all his other games were good to me. Would definitely love for him to get more playing time in our team.

quote:
Originally posted by The Dude Abides:

quote:

You are correct. Meer is a much better SG than Diener...

as far as a NBA PG...hands down Deiner gets the nod. Comparing Diener to Meer is not apples to apples... they both bring a TOTALLY different game and attitude towards it... The arguement only lies in what you would prefer to see out on the court, and what would be a better fit for what we are supposedly goin after.

LOL LilPenny sees exactly what the dude sees here.

Taking a wild guess with a s/n like Magic"Noles" perhaps he thought Jameer plays football?

quote:

Diener never has an opportunity to show he

im not going to argue whos a better pg with anybody on this board kuz it just silly.

BUT i do know that meer will be starting, and if watsons here hell be the back up, leaving diener a 3rd string pg again. If he was better than meer he wouldnt be a 3rd string pg AGAIN.

i like diener and would like to see him get some PT. But that PT will likely be in garbage time wen we are WAY up or WAY Down. maybe play sparse meaningful minutes but not much unless we ship Los' out and dont pick up another backup pg. Kuz if Los is still here, hell be the back up. Anyway you look at it diener is 3rd string.

but well see once the season starts, meer will be introduced dring starting lineups, watson or Los will come in off the bench and diener will be watching. Sucks for him but hes just that the 3rd string PG on this team

I seriously doubt it would happen for matchup reasons alone, but I'd love to see Diener running the point with JJ at SG. Have Jameer come off the bench and create chaos (personally, I think Jameer would do great to study Avery Johnson tapes until he gets it).

It would be a throwback to the Stockton/Hornecek days.

quote:

im not going to argue whos a better pg with anybody on this board kuz it just silly.

BUT i do know that meer will be starting, and if watsons here hell be the back up, leaving diener a 3rd string pg again. If he was better than meer he wouldnt be a 3rd string pg AGAIN.

i like diener and would like to see him get some PT. But that PT will likely be in garbage time wen we are WAY up or WAY Down. maybe play sparse meaningful minutes but not much unless we ship Los' out and dont pick up another backup pg. Kuz if Los is still here, hell be the back up. Anyway you look at it diener is 3rd string.

but well see once the season starts, meer will be introduced dring starting lineups, watson or Los will come in off the bench and diener will be watching. Sucks for him but hes just that the 3rd string PG on this team

If Jameer plays anything like he did last year, Diener would be a HUGE upgrade. I don't think SVG will blindly stick with something that isn't working, either. That's a BHill specialty. If Jameer plays badly again, you won't have to wait long to see Diener get his shot. If Jameer even starts when the season starts.

sigh, this year well have a go to scorer, WAAAAAAAAAY better floor spacing. meer doesnt have to be our primary scoring threat anymore. I feel hell have a breakout year this year. But im not going to argue.

I tend to agree with this: I think Jameer was forced to be a scorer last year. I think he tried to follow B.Hill's gameplan of walking the ball up, trying to toss the ball to a triple covered Dwight and, when he couldn't, jack up a three because he was out of time.

I think Stan will have better plays and more free-flowing offense than Brian did. I think Jameer will thrive in it. I think Arroyo might, too, provided he isn't chucked out there as trade-bait (given the large Puerto Rican community in Orlando, I don't see that happening).

I hate to say it, but I think Diener will probably riding the pine. I hate that, because I loved him in college and I think he might be the best pure PG on the roster - 'Meer and Arroyo are just more dynamic threats.