Sign in to follow this  
FENDI

Scouting JJ Redick

I agree with Thorpe o nalot of this.

How JJ went from a 15 point scored to close to 30 was his penetration. He got to the free throw line alot. Teams would get up on him so tight he could go by them easily.

He doesnt play with the swagger he had in college. I think he will break out next year and over this summer. With alot of players saying they might not play for Team USA this summer he might be playing with them.

it really disappointed me when I see JJ being almost avoided when the Magic have the ball. His teammates don't seem that they want to pass to him. Last night's game in Charlotte, in the 4th quarter, JJ was open plenty of times but was neglected and never passed to. I remember one possession when Jameer was guarded heavily at the three, Redick was open to his right for an easy open three from the elbow. Jameer looked at him, thought about passing, he almost fake passed...went up with a terrible shot and you could see Redick's reaction on the right side of the screen. He yelled and seemed incredibly frustrated.

I thought I was the only one who thought he was being ignored. I am glad others see the same thing. Why is it that they ignore him? Jealousy or afraid he may take their spot and minutes? No matter what Jameers ignoring him shows why he is not a true point guard.

quote:
Originally posted by longdfan:

I thought I was the only one who thought he was being ignored. I am glad others see the same thing. Why is it that they ignore him? Jealousy or afraid he may take their spot and minutes? No matter what Jameers ignoring him shows why he is not a true point guard.

Maybe because he is taller? Seriously, there doesn't seem to be any reason. He fights hard off screens and by running through the paint - only to be ignored.

i am glad to see that others are looking at the same game as i am. the offense is not set up for jj to do anything. he is just doing what he is told and trying to fit in. until the coach decides to change and make howard and nelson pass to someone else besides each other then what would you do. this team is a mess from ownership on down and the players are lost. in the last time out last night as howard and nelson were walking back on the floor they were laughing about something and when i saw the play with garrity involved i can see why. there is no consistent rotation or game plan only confusion and everyone blames darko and jj. most of darko's fouls come from covering someone elses mistake. how may times did he get fouled last night he gets no respect from any one. lets put the blame for this team where it belongs. we need a coach period. jacklj

quote:
everyone knew he was there to take there spot.

Redick has been ignored when open most of the season. Nelson, Arroyo, Howard and Dooling will almost never feed him the ball when Redick is loaded and ready to shoot.

I could see JJ becoming a Jeff Hornacek-style player. Needs more playing time, though, and maybe touch the ball now and then.

quote:
Originally posted by craig01:

Redick has been ignored when open most of the season. Nelson, Arroyo, Howard and Dooling will almost never feed him the ball when Redick is loaded and ready to shoot.

The only one who looks for Redick and gets him the ball reliably and in good position is Diener. But then he and Redick almost never get to play together.

Jameer's play at the end of the game last night was beyond awful. He did more by himself than the entire Charlotte defense to mess up our offense. Not getting Redick the ball in any kind of decent position is part of that.

Now and then would be an improvement. It is strange they would rather lose then pass him the ball. That is why the group with Diener..and bite my tongue...Garrity flow so well. They pass to the open man. Their garbage minutes are about letting everyone be involved and having fun. Have you noticed when the insert JJ they always make a run. Why? Its not because he scores everytime but because he is smart enough to take what is given.

quote:
Jameer's play at the end of the game last night was beyond awful. He did more by himself than the entire Charlotte defense to mess up our offense.

Really agree with this one. It's bad, because I really like Jameer and his leadership, but a PG has to get other players involved - I've said it before, but this is not an "AI-styled" team: Jameer needs to down that assist-to-turnover ratio and feed the other players instead of jacking up shots.

Deiner's a better classic PG, no doubt, but I can understand staying with Jameer for his offense. Even so...

i only have one question graig, why. as for marc we have no idea what jj can do or will do in the future. lets all give him a chance to be himself and become the player he wants to be. i for one believe he will find a way to be very successful, but nothing is for sure. but we will never find outwith bh as his coach. jacklj