Sign in to follow this  
q=a0dg8u

Hill to Phoenix reported at Hoopsworld

quote:
Originally posted by MagicmaninMiami:

Yeah. I'll wish him a title. We aren't getting to the finals this year so why not? Takes no skin off the Magic. He'll be in the West. Live and let live. Some you guys are sooo uptight. LOL!

If he gets to the finals I will root for him

that's true. I still want that sign and trade, though. Maybe we could get Barbosa? He's not Artest, but he's less crazy.

Good riddance, Grant Hill. You used the Magic. All the praise you got for gutting it out and rehabbing your injuries is now a joke. We paid you 93million to sit on the bench for 7 years, and now that you are reasonably healthy and able to actually help the Magic, you go to another team. You owed us. Your ego knows no bounds. I'm glad you are leaving.

quote:
Originally posted by lemonice1:

I agree completely. Grant Hill almost died from complications from his several surgeries, but most on this board hold his injuries against him. I wish him well.

Nah. You got to get into the board mentality. The bum owed us to die. IF he had died we would have cleared more cap space sooner. LOL! just playin with you guys. See I know Grant is greatly respected off these boards so you can't razz me on differing opinions. You are in the minority and mostly localized in central Florida with non league personnel. Outside of that he's all good. Thats why he was working media in the finals. Boy has class and mad respect across the league. All you guys got is the injuries which our own organization agreed to cover by contract.

quote:

quote:

I agree completely. Grant Hill almost died from complications from his several surgeries, but most on this board hold his injuries against him. I wish him well.

Nah. You got to get into the board mentality. The bum owed us to die. IF he had died we would have cleared more cap space sooner. LOL! just playin with you guys. See I know Grant is greatly respected off these boards so you can't razz me on differing opinions. You are in the minority and mostly localized in central Florida with non league personnel. Outside of that he's all good. Thats why he was working media in the finals. Boy has class and mad respect across the league. All you guys got is the injuries which our own organization agreed to cover by contract.

I havent once said that I blame Grant for his injuries, I am pi$$ed at the way he handled leaving, if he was such a stand up guy he could have told the media and fans he wanted a new challenge or however he wanted to word it, instead he talked the talk about staying and chucked it in our face!!

Oh and if you think its just this board check out realgm!

quote:

quote:

Yea, if anything we need to be cursing out Joe Dumars who duped us....

Reported at nba.com too.

Link: http://www.nba.com/news/423480.html

Jul 5, 2007 12:33am ET

Grant Hill To Sign With Suns

In the SOUTH FLORIDA SUN-SENTINEL, Brian Schmitz writes "Grant Hill has decided to sign with the Phoenix Suns to hopefully hitch a ride to an NBA title, leaving the Orlando Magic after seven injury-racked, mostly unfulfilled seasons. He will sign with the Suns for the $1.2 million veteran's exception, which is all Phoenix was willing to offer."

I wish him good luck for the rest of his career. However, if Suns meet Magic at NBA Finals, I (wholeheartedly) wish Magic wins the series simply because it would be the ultimate fairest way to finish Hill's career.

quote:
I wish him good luck for the rest of his career. However, if Suns meet Magic at NBA Finals, I (wholeheartedly) wish Magic wins the series simply because it would be the ultimate fairest way to finish Hill's career.

I am so hoping that's what happens. That would just be so poetic.

Knowing the Magic, though, the more likely result is that we meet in the finals and are swept out on a last second, full-court shot by none other than Grant Hill.

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_Magic:

I havent once said that I blame Grant for his injuries, I am pi$$ed at the way he handled leaving...Oh and if you think its just this board check out realgm!

well first calm down I never said you did but many others have thats why I said "board mentality not Adam's. Secondly I'll wait to hear what he has to say. Obviously since he specified he wanted to have an interview it seems obvious he wants to explain things. Third, no offense but I doubt that the injuries have no part to play in your animosity. You are seasoned enough to know that an unrestricted free agent is going to go where he can play not sit on a bench. No - 9 times out of ten in fact 10 out of 10 as I have seen it does come back to how much he was paid and what he couldn't deliver because of injury.

quote:
Originally posted by 30Assists:

I am so hoping that's what happens. That would just be so poetic.

Well it would be more like Fantasy fiction than poetry but I tell you what. If we make the finals this year against the Suns I will be rooting for JJ to do a slammer dunk on Grant to win game 7.

on the other hand if we lose Darko and either JJ or ariza just to get Rashard I'll be rooting for Grant to stuff the ball over Rashard for the win and a clear message to Otis not to mess with my team again.