Sign in to follow this  
OrlandoFeds

Official Game Thread: Orlando Magic vs Oklahoma City Thunder

We are now 0-26 this season when scoring below 90 points. Tonight we scored 89. And Beno should've never dribbled out the clock at the end there, we should've attempted a 3. means nothing but shows some fight at least.

Harkless with the monster stat line:

25 PTS on 11-18, 9 REB, 4 BLK, 4 STL

And that's on top of guarding Durant and Westbrook for long stretches.

Au contraire. Not shooting the ball at the end was warranted to finish off the statement set by the immediate foul after Brooks' bull**** timeout at the end. You don't go training mode on us. If you won't run the clock down, we'll do it for you.

Au contraire. Not shooting the ball at the end was warranted to finish off the statement set by the immediate foul after Brooks' bull**** timeout at the end. You don't go training mode on us. If you won't run the clock down, we'll do it for you.

Brooks is the only coach in the league who needs to take a 20 second time out with his team up 7 and 13 seconds on the clock. What exactly is there to talk about? "Good job winning guys...." and 18 seconds of silence.

He probably wanted to run some play designed for close games, to see how it pans out in 'real life'. Nothing else makes any sense. And JV had none of it.

JV is all about moral victories. I appreciate his positivity, but this will need to end, relatively soon. Good to see guys play well and compete and all, but we lost...so why is he so fukin proud and happy? I'm just not sold on the idea of this guy taking us to the next level once expectations rise. His mentality is very junior varsity imo

JV is all about moral victories. I appreciate his positivity, but this will need to end, relatively soon. Good to see guys play well and compete and all, but we lost...so why is he so fukin proud and happy? I'm just not sold on the idea of this guy taking us to the next level once expectations rise. His mentality is very junior varsity imo

It will end - when physical victories occur instead of moral ones. It's clear he's making the best out of a bad situation and it's not like his optimism is losing the games for us. My personal opinion is that he is using this tank to develop a nurturing relationship with the players. It also may be that this is his coaching style: instead of pointing out what players are doing wrong, he is highlighting what they are doing right. The former method teaches players to avoid certain things, the latter teaches them to repeat them. Ideally, you'd have a good coach of both ways, but perhaps nit picking where players are wrong isn't the best way to start off a coach/player relationship.

I do wonder - SVG used to even downplay good wins with his bad attitude. Perhaps the jump from one of the most notoriously pessimistic coaches to a young shameless optimist just hasn't set well with a lot of people? It really has been a HUGE swing when you think about it, so it's understandable.

Anyway, tonight there was plenty to be proud and happy about...the youngest player on the team and second youngest in the NBA just outperformed one of the best players in the league, and JV gets the opportunity to coach and develop him for years to come...I'd be thrilled in his position right now.

• Upvote 3