Sign in to follow this  
SmackDaddy

Smack Confidential 2:

Hey, you guys that are studying up on the CBA and trying to give us all a better understanding of what might be happening, just want you to know, "I appreciate it".

i hope otis has not made a huge mistake. this teams needs are very sensitive to chemistry and to win big you need a lot of critical parts. otis is playing with fire just like mj in charlote. the jury is still out on this one. to lose darko will be huge. look at san antonio and ask yourself what would you do. jacklj

I've got to say:

NO. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.

If we renounce Darko, *we lose his bird rights*.

Also, by going under the cap, *we lose our salary exceptions*.

Unless we S&T for Shard and save enough cap space to sign Darko, we are going to lose him.

Frankly, this is why every media outlet is reporting that Darko is going to be renounced and why we have no chance in Hell of signing Darko now. The media isn't lying on this one, folks - y'all are having pipe dreams!

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan Rule:

quote:
Originally posted by EnFuego:

quote:
Originally posted by MagicNoles:

OMFG THERE IS NO WAY WE WILL LOSE DARKO FOR NOTHING.

we still retain his bird rights except the right for first refusal. Either we will resign him or S&T him IF he accepts another teams offersheet.

i repeat there is NO WAY darkos going to just walk and we recieve nothing.

common guys this is buisness 101, stop crying

There is one simple way.

He signs a contract with another team.

AAAAAHHHHHH EN FUEGO YOUR DRIVING ME NUTS!!! LOL

No Matter what even if he accepts another teams OFFER WE STILL Have his bird rights so we can then imeddiatly issue a sign & trade offer... here is tat answer for you

A sign-and-trade deal can be made even with players who have been renounced, but cannot be made when the player is signed using the Mid-Level, Bi-Annual or Disabled Player exceptions. Sign-and-trade contracts must be for three years or longer, but only the first season of the contract must be guaranteed. The three year minimum (even though the last two seasons may be non-guaranteed) ensures that the new team will not acquire Bird rights to the player any sooner than if they had signed him directly, because if they want to give him a new contract using Bird rights then they would have to waive him first, which resets the Bird clock

All I was trying to say is that Darko can sign with a team that is not interested in a sign and trade. I mean, it's not like that team is required to deal with us. Correct?

Maqicnoles, if I have to wait until I know something, I guess I would never post.

no it is not correct... becuase he is still under the nba Rookie contract we are entitled to a sign and trade in the event that he accpets another teams offer sheet...

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by MagicNoles:

OMFG THERE IS NO WAY WE WILL LOSE DARKO FOR NOTHING.

we still retain his bird rights except the right for first refusal. Either we will resign him or S&T him IF he accepts another teams offersheet.

i repeat there is NO WAY darkos going to just walk and we recieve nothing.

common guys this is buisness 101, stop crying

There is one simple way.

He signs a contract with another team.

AAAAAHHHHHH EN FUEGO YOUR DRIVING ME NUTS!!! LOL

No Matter what even if he accepts another teams OFFER WE STILL Have his bird rights so we can then imeddiatly issue a sign & trade offer... here is tat answer for you

A sign-and-trade deal can be made even with players who have been renounced, but cannot be made when the player is signed using the Mid-Level, Bi-Annual or Disabled Player exceptions. Sign-and-trade contracts must be for three years or longer, but only the first season of the contract must be guaranteed. The three year minimum (even though the last two seasons may be non-guaranteed) ensures that the new team will not acquire Bird rights to the player any sooner than if they had signed him directly, because if they want to give him a new contract using Bird rights then they would have to waive him first, which resets the Bird clock

All I was trying to say is that Darko can sign with a team that is not interested in a sign and trade. I mean, it's not like that team is required to deal with us. Correct?

Maqicnoles, if I have to wait until I know something, I guess I would never post.

yeah please accept my apology for acting an @$$. Im just on edge with explaining the CBA along with smack and nathan and people still asking the same questions lol. I wasnt trying to take a personal shot at you.

But anyways i belive that since their our the teams bird rights, that it is our descion. since we renounced darko we lost the right of first refusual BUT not his bird rights.

since darko is on his rookie contract still did not change teams via free agency the we still retain all his bird rights EXCEPT right of first refusal. (we receiced darko via trade so the changing of treams via being waived or free agency doesnt apply here

quote:

also a smart thing by othis is that because he is on a rookie scale contract darko's contract (after being renounced) only counts at 130% instead of 250%

IF what you're saying is correct, which I still doubt, then at 130% salary hold for Darko we still wouldn't have nearly enough room to sign Rashard. Something is still wrong with this.

quote:

no it is not correct... becuase he is still under the nba Rookie contract we are entitled to a sign and trade in the event that he accpets another teams offer sheet...

I'm sorry to sound stupid and doubtful at the same time. It's just that I have never heard of a team being required to do a sign and trade when they sign and unrestricted free agent. If they're required, then it's not free agency.

quote:

quote:

I'm sorry to sound stupid and doubtful at the same time. It's just that I have never heard of a team being required to do a sign and trade when they sign and unrestricted free agent. If they're required, then it's not free agency.

yes but every free agent is not on the third year of their rookie contract and therefor none of this applies