Sign in to follow this  
Secretly Space Jesus

2013 NFL Off-season Thread

Can't complain about the Bucs not spending money now. Considering rumors were that the Bucs would have to give up at least a 1st and a 2nd, I feel like I should be happy about the Bucs giving up their 1st and a 3rd/4th next year. Plus not a dime of guaranteed money?? That's great news, right? I worry that maybe it'll lead to a holdout in a year or two, but maybe I'm just overworrying...

No, that's actually the main concern, if not the only concern.

Can't describe how happy I am with this deal. Getting the best DB in the game since Prime Time himself, and only having to give up 1 first rounder and a conditional 4th in the following year? Not only that but since he is coming off major knee surgery, no guaranteed money in his contract? Sure it's a risky move, but that at least negates a big part of the risk. And if he ends up wanting to restructure his contract because he want's guaranteed money, then that would mean he is playing up to his billing.

Revis is the best at what he does, and although that contract is crazy high, the Bucs can pay it and still will be about 14 million under the cap if I remember correctly. With him and Goldson added on, the Bucs went from what may have been the worst pass defense in the league to one of the best (I of course am assuming he is healthy).

I wonder how much guaranteed money he's going to want after the restructure (assuming he comes back healthy and is still the same guy). I'm not versed on NFL contracts, so I'm not sure how they work that out with signing bonuses and such.

I wonder how much guaranteed money he's going to want after the restructure (assuming he comes back healthy and is still the same guy). I'm not versed on NFL contracts, so I'm not sure how they work that out with signing bonuses and such.

That's what this all comes down to. We won't know if the Bucs overpaid for Revis or not until after his holdout next summer. And yes Bucs fans, he's going to hold out. Been in the league six years and has held out three times.

i haven't been this excited about the bucs since 2005 (carnell williams rookie campaign.)

Loving the Fins pick, get the best pass-rushing prospect in the draft whilst only giving up a second rounder. Wake and Jordan together will be a QB's nightmare. Will be interesting to see what happens with Albert now though, the Chiefs have 2 options – take a 2nd or 3rd rounder or have a disgruntled and expensive RT.

The Vikes dominated, Floyd at 23. along with Rhodes and Patterson - that is a nice haul! The Jags should be happy, I think Joeckel is the better LT and pairing him with Geno/Nassib will be a solid draft.

Also special lol for the Jets, can’t really argue with the Milliner pick as they needed to replace Revis although 5 shoulder surgeries is risky, but Richardson over Star and Floyd, Rex Ryan never fails to disappoint.

Special mention to the Bucs, no pick but Milliner and Hayden were off the board by 13 and Revis is better than anything else in the first round anyway.

No RB taken for the first time since 1963... roll on day 2.

If ej lives up to his potential he's a decent pick at 16. Problem is there are waaaaay too many issues he needs to fix.

He's a smart guy who doesn't play smart. He floats deep balls even though he has the strength to throw deep. His completion percentage was high because he refused to throw the ball away. He doesn't throw anticipation routes. He refused to run after the Oklahoma game. He over thinks sometimes.

Pros- he plays through injury (played through a broken femur in the 2011 bowl game). He's got ideal measurables. He wins a lot. He understands the game.

He needs 2 years to develop before he can start. If he plays right away it's going to be a disaster.

I haven't seen anything in Manuel's game that leads me to believe that he will be successful in the pros. I'm shocked he went in the first round. Good for him though. I have mostly positive memories of him at FSU.

I laughed my ass of when Buffalo drafted Manuel. Another huge reach on a FSU QB.

I'm assuming Miami has a back-up plan for OT.