jjgator

SVG is campaigning for the Lakers head coaching gig after D'Antoni gets fired

The only numbers I want to see retired for the Magic at this point is 25, 14 (when Jameer retires), and whatever Darrell Armstrong's number was.

Maybe we can retire some of these new kids jerseys in 15 to 20 years down the road.

The only numbers I want to see retired for the Magic at this point is 25, 14 (when Jameer retires), and whatever Darrell Armstrong's number was.

Maybe we can retire some of these new kids jerseys in 15 to 20 years down the road.

Agreed, I hope 14 is first though even though that might not make much sense. I don't think anyone who has worn a Magic jersey has loved the franchise as much as Jameer does. He's underrated IMO also.

If Jameer retires a Magic he will have the all time record in every stat except for rebounds and blocks. He would also be the first guy to spend his whole career here. He would absolutely be deserving.

• Upvote 2

If Jameer retires a Magic he will have the all time record in every stat except for rebounds and blocks. He would also be the first guy to spend his whole career here. He would absolutely be deserving.

Jameer would have to score 4207 points to beat out Dwight for the all time points leader. To do that he would have to average a little over 17 points a game if he played 82 games a season for the Orlando Magic over 3 more full seasons. I'm probably the biggest Meer fanboy out there, but I don't know if he can pull that off.

Assuming he instead plays around his average which is 70 games a year (and thats not counting him getting older) and the 18 games left in this season, and that his point production will drop and hover around 14 ppg (assuming no drop off), it will take him a little over 4 seasons to hit that.

I just dont see Jameer being here, as a starter, keeping those consistent numbers over 4 years. Not saying I don't want him to break it. I want him to shatter it. Average 22 over the next 2-3 years playing all 82 games and smack Dwights sorry record off the face of our books.

I just think we all know that's not Jameer...

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/ORL/leaders_career.html

I love Jameer, but you're setting the bar real low as a franchise if you retire his number. It takes more than just the love and respect of a fan base to procure that honor. His career averages just aren't up to snuff for it.

I love Jameer, but you're setting the bar real low as a franchise if you retire his number. It takes more than just the love and respect of a fan base to procure that honor. His career averages just aren't up to snuff for it.

This. And to add, I dont think he's gonna end up retiring here. More than likely, when his contract his expiring, he'll be part of a trade for picks/pieces.