jjgator

SVG is campaigning for the Lakers head coaching gig after D'Antoni gets fired

LINK

LINK

Call me crazy, but I think that's what's going on here. If not the Lakers, he wants to coach somewhere very soon. He's trying to show he does know how to coddle spoiled players after all, even though he doesn't.

First the natural response to the Van Gundy's request of #12 and #32 being retired....

NO

Do you know what type of people get their Jerseys retired? Its the type that stays with their teams through the good and bad. And if the stars align they are able to win a championship atleast once with said named team. Lets look at the old school players who have achieved exactly this. Bird, Thomas, Dumars, Jordan, Magic, Erving (76ers), Hakeem, etc. What they did, is what is required to have your number "FOREVER" related to the city you played for during your career.

When people call out the names of Shaq and Dwight, what team is then referenced... its not the MAGIC.

I mean you might as well retire GRANT HILL's number or TMAC.... Why not just put Coach Doc Rivers name in the Orlando rafters as well.....

NO Dwight and Shaq made their call.

They left Orlando because they felt they couldnt win.

Why would we applaud that decision with the highest Thank You note of all.

No

No

No

• Upvote 10

^ He's right. I'm the biggest Penny fan in the world but I know we can't retire his number either (although management should tell a scrub when they ask for it to ***** off). The only player that fits the criteria is Nick Anderson, and not only did we not retire his number, we let Duhon wear it. But, that was payback for missing those free throws I guess.

• Upvote 5

The only player that fits the criteria is Nick Anderson, and not only did we not retire his number, we let Duhon wear it.

I feel like I'm in Bizarro world! Two funny posts in two days? Trey, you workin' yourself back into shape Rocky style?

I feel like I'm in Bizarro world! Two funny posts in two days? Trey, you workin' yourself back into shape Rocky style?

I guess I'm just now finally blossoming.

I think SVG should take the Sacramento job if it becomes available. Lots of young talent with no direction.

I wonder why he doesn't just coach college, he wouldn't have to worried about egos as much(according to his resume he was an assistant college coach for a while and the Badgers head coach for one season).

I like Stan. I think he's a phenomenal coach, but much like a lot of times when he coached here, he needs to shut up. It's disappointing to me that he's become the biggest Dwight Howard cheerleader in the media.

I think SVG should take the Sacramento job if it becomes available. Lots of young talent with no direction.

...plus it's in seattle lol

• Upvote 1