Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2024 NBA Draft Thread

Kyshawn George is an interesting one and done. 6'8, can pass/dribble/shoot, gives effort on defense. 

He hasn't played huge minutes for Miami, he's not a great athlete and he's old for a freshman but I think he's definitely worth a flier in the late first if he declares.

New Wasserman mock has all my favourite prospects off the board by our pick so now I'm looking at guys like Yves Missi, Johnny Furphy, Kyshawn George, Tyler Smith. 

1 minute ago, CTMagicUK said:

New Wasserman mock has all my favourite prospects off the board by our pick so now I'm looking at guys like Yves Missi, Johnny Furphy, Kyshawn George, Tyler Smith. 

Did you see the player comp for Scheierman?

9 hours ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Some wild picks there lol

It's terrible. 

The Magic pick 2 raw guards after... Picking 2 raw guards with lottery picks last draft. 

Dalton Knecht top 5 is a little rich for me for a 23 year old who doesn't ever project to be good defensively. 

Dillingham outside the top 10 seems insane.

Yves Missi is being picked in the spot currently owned by Phoenix but it says "Atlanta Hawks" (but the write up for him says "Phoenix".)

I'm not a huge Filipowski guy but 27 is low and him going to the Jazz feels... Deliberate.

Mark Sears going from basically nobody talking about him as a prospect to first round off the strength of a couple tournament games feels reactionary as hell (I'm not saying I'm opposed to Sears in the first if you've believed it for a while but it's suspect that he's just appearing on mocks now). I like Sears but Im not sure I can really get to first round. It's easy to say "he's Jalen Brunson" but he could quite easily be Shabazz Napier (the closest statistical comparison I found and an interesting data point given Shabazz also tore up the tournament before he got drafted).

This is not really draft related but Eric Musselman -> USC leaving a vacancy at Arkansas that becomes John Calipari -> Arkansas is WILD (and also probably good news for Kentucky honestly who likely would have considered firing Cal if not for his huge contract).

"Kentucky guards" is dead. 

Long live "Arkansas guards" lol

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

This is not really draft related but Eric Musselman -> USC leaving a vacancy at Arkansas that becomes John Calipari -> Arkansas is WILD (and also probably good news for Kentucky honestly who likely would have considered firing Cal if not for his huge contract).

"Kentucky guards" is dead. 

Long live "Arkansas guards" lol

Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These coaches that don't embrace the transfer portal are quickly going to pay the price. It has changed the game so much, both in NCAA basketball and football.

Balljunkie is going through it right now. I think Kentucky is going to have a hard time with life after Cal. Whatever coach they get isn't going to be able to recruit at the level of Cal. They can say goodbye to all those top 5 recruiting classes. Kentucky will be more of a transfer portal school now.

I think Cal will find that balance with the high school recruiting classes and transfer portal and dominate the SEC at Arkansas.