Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2024 NBA Draft Thread

20 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Chris Paul could play defense. Trae oh lay. I thinks somebody forgot how good Jameer was. 

Exactly, that was more disrespectful to Paul than Meer!

I didn’t compare the players. 

I basically said trading for Trae would be the big splash and adding Tyus would be the more conservative option.. That’s all

lemme say this. I hope the Heat don’t get their hands on Devin Carter.. He’s such a Heat type of player that will thrive.

Hes also a player that would actually make sense (if we could move on from Cole Anthony)

On 3/13/2024 at 10:58 PM, orlandoholic said:

lemme say this. I hope the Heat don’t get their hands on Devin Carter.. He’s such a Heat type of player that will thrive.

Hes also a player that would actually make sense (if we could move on from Cole Anthony)

Funnily enough his dad spent 5 years working for the Heat until recently being hired by Memphis as an assistant coach. 

30 minutes ago, Shine88 said:

Bam Carrington is returning to Pitt. The kid could've been a Top 20 pick.

https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/status/1769027035865755674

*Bub

Yea I liked him but I think it's the correct decision to go back honestly and that's not really something I say very often. He's more fringe first than top 20 to me but I think with a strong sophomore season he could be lottery. Needs to be better getting to the rim and finishing when he gets there. Needs to be more efficient from 3, needs to make a bigger impact on defense.

His situation reminds me a bit of Haliburton after his freshman season big guard, young for the class, a little thin and lacking strength, flashed some interesting stuff but you kind of feel they've got more to prove at the college level before you feel confident in them making it in the NBA. 

7 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

*Bub

Yea I liked him but I think it's the correct decision to go back honestly and that's not really something I say very often. He's more fringe first than top 20 to me but I think with a strong sophomore season he could be lottery. Needs to be better getting to the rim and finishing when he gets there. Needs to be more efficient from 3, needs to make a bigger impact on defense.

His situation reminds me a bit of Haliburton after his freshman season big guard, young for the class, a little thin and lacking strength, flashed some interesting stuff but you kind of feel they've got more to prove at the college level before you feel confident in them making it in the NBA. 

actually no imo.. you don’t waste that opportunity, especially if you are a surprise riser… 

If next season don’t go well or he gets injured, he will find himself in the second round or undrafted!

1 hour ago, fan for too long 2 said:

My Illini guy. Shannon just dropped 40. Btw. If he clears these charges put him on my want list. 

absolutely!! 

10 hours ago, orlandoholic said:

actually no imo.. you don’t waste that opportunity, especially if you are a surprise riser… 

If next season don’t go well or he gets injured, he will find himself in the second round or undrafted!

He's not really a surprise riser anymore. ESPN have him at 28 in their top 100. That's fringe first. 

The goal shouldn't be just to get drafted but to stay in the league when he gets there. If you get picked late first by a contender or early 2nd the organisational investment in your development is not very high. Plus raw fringe first guys fall into the 2nd all the time on account of teams trying to find more immediate contributors (see: Leonard Miller). When you're fringe first/second you either need to be good right away, show considerable promise early, or get drafted by an organisation with a patient approach and a development plan for you (Caleb Houstan) because the cost of moving on from you is not that high. (See: Tyty Washington.) And for me personally, Bub is so far away from being a real NBA player right now. 

59 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

He's not really a surprise riser anymore. ESPN have him at 28 in their top 100. That's fringe first. 

The goal shouldn't be just to get drafted but to stay in the league when he gets there. If you get picked late first by a contender or early 2nd the organisational investment in your development is not very high. Plus raw fringe first guys fall into the 2nd all the time on account of teams trying to find more immediate contributors (see: Leonard Miller). When you're fringe first/second you either need to be good right away, show considerable promise early, or get drafted by an organisation with a patient approach and a development plan for you (Caleb Houstan) because the cost of moving on from you is not that high. (See: Tyty Washington.) And for me personally, Bub is so far away from being a real NBA player right now. 

with all due respect, players have to secure their bag first! At least that’s my advise! 

He’s projected to go anywhere from as high as 10-25 ish right now. That’s guaranteed money!!! That’s 10 mil+ to secure yourself and your family!

You never know what happens. Look at Markelle. If he hadn’t been drafted before his TOS and stayed in college, he’d never been drafted! He was very fortunate to secure that first round pick, before he had TOS. And yes i know for Markelle it’s a no brainer because he was the first pick. But still. Imo if you have a first round promise, you secure your bag, no matter what the situation. Everything else is playing with fire

2 hours ago, orlandoholic said:

with all due respect, players have to secure their bag first! At least that’s my advise! 

He’s projected to go anywhere from as high as 10-25 ish right now. That’s guaranteed money!!! That’s 10 mil+ to secure yourself and your family!

You never know what happens. Look at Markelle. If he hadn’t been drafted before his TOS and stayed in college, he’d never been drafted! He was very fortunate to secure that first round pick, before he had TOS. And yes i know for Markelle it’s a no brainer because he was the first pick. But still. Imo if you have a first round promise, you secure your bag, no matter what the situation. Everything else is playing with fire

He's not going lottery. He's likely not even going top 20. 

If Bub isn't picked first round he might only be looking at a 1 year guaranteed contract at the minimum. That's not "the bag" when accounting for taxes, agent fees and lifestyle creep. 

Comparing Markelle who was a clear cut top 2 pick in his draft to Bub who's not even a guaranteed first round pick is apples to oranges.