Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2024 NBA Draft Thread

11 hours ago, smd_swagswag said:

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/insider/story/_/id/38788364/2024-nba-draft-rankings-espn-top-25-prospects

I got flamed around here for posting my mock with Risacher #1 back in december... Now he's #1 everywhere you look! good riddance to this place..

I knew the collective BBIQ of this forum was low when THAT was the fight yall chose to stand your ground on.. I'll see myself out..

I'm not following this thread at all and have no idea who Risacher is, but what a totally weird post.  Guy obviously has some issues.

I hope he doesn't let the door hit him in the tuchus on the way out.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

I'm not following this thread at all and have no idea who Risacher is, but what a totally weird post.  Guy obviously has some issues.

I hope he doesn't let the door hit him in the tuchus on the way out.

I’m actually okay with the door hitting him in the a— on the way out! Lol!!

On 2/8/2024 at 9:46 AM, CTMagicUK said:

I'd talked myself into not posting in here again until I was sure we actually would go into the draft with our pick. But screw it because Devin Carter might finish up in my lottery. 28 points, 11 boards, 6 assists (could have easily had a triple double the amount of shots his teammates missed off of his passes), 4 steals and a block. And he hit some big shots to get the win in overtime against a good Creighton team who have got 3 future pros in their starting 5. 

Was at 43 on ESPNs rankings previously and jumped all the way to 17. 

• Upvote 1

This is bad but here it goes…

I’ve not watched a college basketball game all year.

It feels good to get that out. Now I’ll have to trust our draft analysts come draft time.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2024 at 5:19 PM, CTMagicUK said:

Nobody flamed anyone we asked questions about it. To discuss it. The point of a forum. Then you had a thin skinned meltdown and only returned for some nonsense victory lap. 

This is random but I'm pretty sure I stumbled upon this guy on Reddit. Either that or there are two guys out there posting long rants about how they knew Pascal Siakam was going to be great when he was at New Mexico State lol.

New ESPN mock has been released. Every time a mock gets released there's massive movement. I can't really get a read on this draft at all. 

That being said the mock has us at pick 18 getting Dalton Knecht which is a huge W. And picks 16 to 21 are all interesting prospects to me (Kevin McCullar Jr, Devin Carter, Dalton Knecht, Tyler Smith, Jared McCain, Ryan Dunn)

I’m actually pretty curious were Da Silva will end up. He is currently slipping in the draft. But make no mistake, he should be pretty high on our list. 

If we could get him in the 2nd round, that would be awesome. 

1 minute ago, orlandoholic said:

I’m actually pretty curious were Da Silva will end up. He is currently slipping in the draft. But make no mistake, he should be pretty high on our list. 

If we could get him in the 2nd round, that would be awesome. 

I'm still a big fan. His jumper has come back down to earth from the scorching shooting in non conference play but that doesn't really matter to me. 6'10 guys who can pass, dribble and shoot are always valuable. Still have him first round and there's at least 5 or 6 guys in ESPNs first round I'd rather pick TDS over.

5 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I'm still a big fan. His jumper has come back down to earth from the scorching shooting in non conference play but that doesn't really matter to me. 6'10 guys who can pass, dribble and shoot are always valuable. Still have him first round and there's at least 5 or 6 guys in ESPNs first round I'd rather pick TDS over.

5-6 realistic guys or like projected lottery? 

Who do you have in mind?

3 minutes ago, orlandoholic said:

5-6 realistic guys or like projected lottery? 

Who do you have in mind?

To be clear I'm saying guys I'd rather have TDS than, not the other way around. 

BYU vs Baylor game was interesting. That BYU team is fascinating. It’s running a fun Zoom scheme offense and they are basically unguardable doing it lol. 

They are very mobile and active, like 3-4 JJ Reddick type players running the scheme. A thing of beauty 

Just watched UConn/Creighton. 

Stephon Castle is a phenomenal defensive player on the perimeter and he has some ball handling and passing. Plus he's just long and strong, he just bounces off guys going to the rim. Feels like a guy that someone in the lottery will convince themselves they can teach him to shoot but boy were Creighton not guarding him on the perimeter. 

I think I've said it before but Baylor Scheierman should get drafted. So often "being good at basketball" is like an overlooked part of the draft process. Sure he'll be 24 when he plays an NBA game and he's not a stand out athlete by any means (and if we're being honest he's a white guy with a funny name and some scouts still have those subconscious biases), but he's just good. 6'6, strong, good shooter, solid ball handler, really good passer. Gets after it on the boards. Feels like a guy the Heat pick up as an undrafted player and everyone is like "where do they get these guys from" when it's blatantly obvious he's good at basketball.

I'm not sure I'd pick Donovan Clingan in the lottery. I get it, he's massive and he protects the rim and he's not immobile for someone his size. But I think his stock owes quite a lot to Walker Kessler's success and he's just not as good statistically as Kessler was. Don't get me wrong I think he could be a solid starting C for a team wanting to play drop but I'm not rushing to use a lottery pick on him. Plus I think it remains to be seen if he can play 30+ minutes a night. Averages 20mpg, some of that is probably due to fouling early in games as that's something he's struggled with but I wouldn't be surprised if there's some conditioning issues given how huge he is. 

Trey Alexander might go back for his senior year but he should also get drafted if he comes out. Enough to like I think. 

Ryan Kalkbrenner is a guy who it doesn't look like will get drafted but I'd be interested in him as an undrafted guy on a 2 way, 7'1 senior but quite thin. Pretty good drop big with rim protection without fouling, has flashed a 3 point jumper on occasion too. 

Alex Karaban didn't have an impressive game at all.