Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2024 NBA Draft Thread

7 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

I love the downvotes lately, somebody’s a hater in here. Lol

just to be clear, i didn’t downvote anything. 

I get your point and i agree with you to some degree. 

But some things are just too obvious. M. Bridges for example, which is actually a disgrace that he is allowed to play.

The Brandon Miller case for example was different. 

And if college team suspended him you can pretty much call it a day and there must be truth to this. They do their own investigation as well 

this is his lawyers response 

Statement from Shannon's attorney:

Since September, when these allegations surfaced, Terrence has cooperated with law enforcement throughout the investigation, declaring his innocence from the beginning. Now, several months later, my office learned that formal charges were filed against him yesterday in Lawrence, KS. In less than 24 hours, my client responded, and he voluntarily surrendered to local authorities for processing and release. Terrence is innocent of these charges, and he intends to take his case to trial.

so i guess we will see

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, orlandoholic said:

Cody Williams checks all the Weltmann boxes.. 

Name to watch for us, for sure.. Especially since we need another ball handler and facilitator off the bench.. 

I wonder how much of the prototype weltman model we will be able to follow with later draft picks. At the front of the draft we’ve always had access to the athletes with the best measurements.

42 minutes ago, orlandoholic said:

Cody Williams checks all the Weltmann boxes.. 

Name to watch for us, for sure.. Especially since we need another ball handler and facilitator off the bench.. 

He's a lottery pick.

ESPN Top 25 just been released and another wild change to the rankings. This draft is super volatile it feels like.

Anyway because of that I'm kind of fishing around in the second round and undrafted waters for a bit until things settle down. Baylor Scheierman seems like a guy who could make it stick in the league. 5th year senior at Creighton, good rebounder, good passer, good shooter. 

96.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

16. Reed Sheppard | PG/SG | Kentucky

6-2 | Age: 19.5 | Previously ranked: 22 gn-arrow.png

The biggest surprise of the NBA draft cycle thus far, Sheppard has played an essential role in Kentucky's transformation into one of the fastest-paced offenses in college basketball. He has emerged as arguably the best shooter in the class, shooting 28-for-50 from 3 (56%) through 12 games, while showing high-level pace and court vision whipping passes all over the floor with his terrific feel for the game.

This also manifests itself vividly on the defensive end, with Sheppard generating steals and blocks at an outstanding rate. Measured at just 6-2 with a 6-3 wingspan, Sheppard's physical tools are a major question mark, especially since he has struggled at times handling pressure and being swallowed up inside the paint as a primary ball handler versus the better teams Kentucky has faced. As good a defender as he is off the ball, he gets overpowered one-on-one by bigger players as well. For those reasons, SEC competition will reveal a lot about Sheppard, particularly in how his role evolves operating behind and alongside Kentucky's other star freshman guards. -- Givony
Kid climbed 6 more spots …the entire state of Kentucky is in love with this baller 

On 12/30/2023 at 7:40 PM, Jason Funderburker said:

I wonder how much of the prototype weltman model we will be able to follow with later draft picks. At the front of the draft we’ve always had access to the athletes with the best measurements.

This years draft lacks the superstar, franchise player but it’s really deep on really good and serviceable role players and i see some potential for greatness as well. 

We haven’t talked about players like Filipowski yet. Dude looks like he could have that Markannen upside. 

As far as the Weltmann guys. There are a lot of these prototypes in this draft so we are able to draft one of those for sure.

Risacher

C. Williams

Buzelis

Sarr

Salaun

Tyler Smith 

Da Silva

Baba Miller

Klintman 

Ousmane Ndiaye (Baskonia)

Brazile

Bradshaw (too slow footed though)

Those are only the Big Wing prototypes. There is also a lot of positional size players that fits us (like the J. Howard pick showed)

R. Holland

J. Walter

J. Edwards 

Trentyn Flowers !

K. McCullar

Ajinca (i view him as a SG)

Then there is the center group that includes that is also quite nice

Filipowski

Almansa

Ivisic

Missi

and there are much more players overall.

So i’m not negative on this draft, also what the upside concerns. 

The question for us is going to be, if we really need another guy we need to develop, or does this team rather needs an established player to help them now?!

On 12/30/2023 at 6:53 PM, CTMagicUK said:

He's a lottery pick.

ESPN now has Cody Williams at #3 on their best available.

5 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

ESPN now has Cody Williams at #3 on their best available.

wide open draft. This draft is as wide open as the Oladipo draft. Maybe even more open as McLemore gained a lot of hype as a super athletic Ray Allen 2.0 

8 hours ago, orlandoholic said:

wide open draft. This draft is as wide open as the Oladipo draft. Maybe even more open as McLemore gained a lot of hype as a super athletic Ray Allen 2.0 

McLemore lol. Shows how bad scouting is, and ours is a joke. 

I like Devin Carter. Plays great defense, shooting it well this year at 39% from 3, his dad is an NBA assistant coach, plays much bigger than his 6'3 frame, averaging 8 rebounds and 1.2 blocks a game. Would be a great fit on this roster honestly.